Typhon Arrma Siren USWB Mad Van Street Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ColosTommy 3.1mm its not that thick but still very beefy. I really don't know what body yet but the vorteks did look pretty good but I wasn't sold on it. Since this now has the wheelbase of a granite/vorteks I need to find a body roughly that size. I really do love it without a body though I must admit. Thing turns on a dime because of how small it is. I did a little test last night just to get the trim dialed in and what not

IMG_9276.jpeg
IMG_9275.jpeg
IMG_9277.jpeg

Got some more work done. Cut down the stock Typhon battery tray and got it mounted in. I'm running shorty lipos so it fits perfectly 👍🏼👍🏼 I also got my @3d-rc.myshopify.com wing mounted up and a front T2T brace put in. Going to make some sort of brace to fit in there

IMG_9318.jpeg

Made a carbon brace tonight, makes this thing unbelievably rigid! Plus it'll serve as a nice receiver box mount along with possibly esc mount if I want to run longer batteries on the side. But I wanted to keep everything mounted as low as possible and the shorty batteries are working great for now. This thing is a ton of fun I can jump down curbs and the perfect pass springs keep it from bottoming out but still absorbs a good amount, I love it. I took the wing off because I have a body coming this week and the wing won't work with it but if the body fits like I'm praying it does then I'll be building a big wing for it

View attachment 319534
Made a carbon brace tonight, makes this thing unbelievably rigid! Plus it'll serve as a nice receiver box mount along with possibly esc mount if I want to run longer batteries on the side. But I wanted to keep everything mounted as low as possible and the shorty batteries are working great for now. This thing is a ton of fun I can jump down curbs and the perfect pass springs keep it from bottoming out but still absorbs a good amount, I love it. I took the wing off because I have a body coming this week and the wing won't work with it but if the body fits like I'm praying it does then I'll be building a big wing for it
Man that is one dope build brother. Congratulations on excellent workmanship.
Would look cool as a buggy.

Man that is one dope build brother. Congratulations on excellent workmanship.
Would look cool as a buggy.
Thank you very much 🙏🏼🙏🏼 I am a bit obsessed at this point and I'm thinking of making a carbon chassis for this one and building a buggy with the 7075.....it would look so great with buggy tires and what not

The body I plan on running is going to fit right around the chassis so the side guards had to come off which is ok because you can see the chassis and everything else better which is great. I had an extra scorched locker so that is now in the center with a 46t spur on it. I also relocated the receiver box because it was hanging off the edge of the chassis. I mounted it to the T2T brace and then drilled a hole through the box and through the base so the wires run up through the bottom of the brace into the box. They have a zip tie in the box so they can't come loose and get eaten by the driveshaft. I also put my esc button on the brace because it was a bit buried before. This setup also allows me to mount the esc on the brace and run full sized batteries but currently I like the setup I'm running. Body Hopefully tomorrow 🙏🏼
IMG_9324.jpeg
IMG_9325.jpeg
IMG_9326.jpeg
IMG_9327.jpeg

IMG_9332.jpeg
IMG_9334.jpeg
IMG_9335.jpeg

Body baby!!! Kyosho Mad Van......I have wanted one of these bodies for the longest time but never had anything small enough to run it!! Wheelbase is a little off but not bad at all 😁😁😁 I wish the body could be like 0.5 inch longer and it would be perfect but it sits kinda on the shocks at the moment but I'm trying some things. I made the rear shocks super slanted and that helped a lot for clearance but I'm also debating some sort of wing but idk. Super pumped 🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻

View attachment 319879View attachment 319880View attachment 319881
Body baby!!! Kyosho Mad Van......I have wanted one of these bodies for the longest time but never had anything small enough to run it!! Wheelbase is a little off but not bad at all 😁😁😁 I wish the body could be like 0.5 inch longer and it would be perfect but it sits kinda on the shocks at the moment but I'm trying some things. I made the rear shocks super slanted and that helped a lot for clearance but I'm also debating some sort of wing but idk. Super pumped 🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻

The A Team Van GIF by MOODMAN

B.A. Baracus A-pproves of this build.

Made some side guards out of angle aluminum and some plastic sheets. Came out really nice and holds the body just perfect on the sides. I also made a body mount system with magnets and dual loc so I don't have to run body posts and it works perfect! I can pick up the car by the body.
IMG_9343.jpeg
IMG_9344.jpeg
IMG_9345.jpeg
IMG_9346.jpeg

View attachment 318028View attachment 318029
Sanded and polished. Not perfect but it looks really damn good!!
Looks perfect..who you kidding..but it's so tiny .😁 can't wait to see it running 👍
View attachment 319879View attachment 319880View attachment 319881
Ooooooh that's soooo fkin sweet bro .love that cover 😍just made this build that much more unique and dope as fukkkkk ,madd props for the exquisite build 👍👍👍👍👍 I give u five thumbs if I had them 🤣

@King blitz thank you very much dude!!!

Here is the painted body now though!! I normally do red, black, or white but I was at my LHS and saw this metallic green and figured that might just look DAMN GOOD! 💚💚💚
IMG_9350.jpeg
IMG_9351.jpeg
IMG_9353.jpeg

The A Team Van GIF by MOODMAN

B.A. Baracus A-pproves of this build.
That would be ill if he painted it like the A team van 😍👍

Here is the painted body now though!! I normally do red, black, or white but I was at my LHS and saw this metallic green and figured that might just look DAMN GOOD! 💚💚💚
View attachment 320306View attachment 320307View attachment 320308
Wow that's a rig of the month winner right there.and you haven't even entered it yet.you should👍 just let me know if you do so I don't put my Big Papa Long Rock in it .😁

View attachment 320306View attachment 320307View attachment 320308
Don't thank me ,thank you for showing us this superb dime peice ,master build fo show👍😁

So after running the max 8 g2 for awhile I decided to swap in a mmx8s 1717 combo I had laying around and man oh MAN. This is the van that I wanted. I can get a solid wheelie now it's an ANIMAL. I kind of want to try some 1/5 grp or something that would be awesome.
IMG_9442.jpeg
IMG_9443.jpeg
IMG_9444.jpeg

So after running the max 8 g2 for awhile I decided to swap in a mmx8s 1717 combo I had laying around and man oh MAN. This is the van that I wanted. I can get a solid wheelie now it's an ANIMAL. I kind of want to try some 1/5 grp or something that would be awesome.
View attachment 323913View attachment 323914View attachment 323915

What a Mighty Mouse of a rig!!

You are extremely Ballsy to be ripping it like that- in a small concrete parking lot Without ANY bumpers/protectors on this thing..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back