Typhon Arrma Siren USWB Mad Van Street Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephenSchandelmayer

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Mojave 4s
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Typhon 6s
I have been thinking about doing this for a long time and I just parted out my infraction and kept what I wanted to kick this build off!

Going to be running infraction towers and shocks with perfect pass springs. It will have senton 6s arms to keep it thin.

For the power it'll be running a max 8g2 with the 4268 2500kv with a PPS mount.

I have a sheet of 7075 t6 coming my way to make the chassis from. I'm thinking I will be making it the standard Siren length but I'm going to see if it makes sense to make it any shorter just for the fun of it. Really looking forward to building this little nut case!

I have been thinking about doing this for a long time and I just parted out my infraction and kept what I wanted to kick this build off!

Going to be running infraction towers and shocks with perfect pass springs. It will have senton 6s arms to keep it thin.

For the power it'll be running a max 8g2 with the 4268 2500kv with a PPS mount.

I have a sheet of 7075 t6 coming my way to make the chassis from. I'm thinking I will be making it the standard Siren length but I'm going to see if it makes sense to make it any shorter just for the fun of it. Really looking forward to building this little nut case!
Sounds a little cryptic, but awesome! And I’m glad I’m not the one who has to cut 7075-T6 from a template! Good luck with that, unless you have access to a CNC.
I’ve said before when people doubt that Arrma EXB chassis are 7075 that I feel they probably are. It just ain’t T6. The “T6” suffix is the finishing/treating process, and it makes 7075 aluminum hard as hell. Not all 7075 aluminum is the same, the final strength depends on the treatment. And that stuff is super freaking difficult to machine or cut with standard tools or die grinders in a normally well equipped garage. You probably already know all of this though. So what’s up your sleeve, man?
I will totally be looking forward to seeing what you do with this build.

Sounds a little cryptic, but awesome! And I’m glad I’m not the one who has to cut 7075-T6 from a template! Good luck with that, unless you have access to a CNC.
I’ve said before when people doubt that Arrma EXB chassis are 7075 that I feel they probably are. It just ain’t T6. The “T6” suffix is the finishing/treating process, and it makes 7075 aluminum hard as hell. Not all 7075 aluminum is the same, the final strength depends on the treatment. And that stuff is super freaking difficult to machine or cut with standard tools or die grinders in a normally well equipped garage. You probably already know all of this though. So what’s up your sleeve, man?
I will totally be looking forward to seeing what you do with this build.
To be honest man I have never dealt with 7075 t6 like this but I am confident!....I think lol. But I do have a well equipped garage including a beautiful plasma cutter which I haven't seen that puppy struggle on anything yet so hopefully this doesn't start the struggle. I'm excited to go after it and see what I can come up with but I'm pretty confident

To be honest man I have never dealt with 7075 t6 like this but I am confident!....I think lol. But I do have a well equipped garage including a beautiful plasma cutter which I haven't seen that puppy struggle on anything yet so hopefully this doesn't start the struggle. I'm excited to go after it and see what I can come up with but I'm pretty confident
OK, dang. Now I’m really curious! I also have a plasma cutter but it’s never touched aluminum before, only steel. I was spoiled in my job, because the company only ran HyperTherm plasmas. Mine is a cheap one with no drag tips, but it does cut well for my needs. I’d love to hear your feedback on how it cuts.

OK, dang. Now I’m really curious! I also have a plasma cutter but it’s never touched aluminum before, only steel. I was spoiled in my job, because the company only ran HyperTherm plasmas. Mine is a cheap one with no drag tips, but it does cut well for my needs. I’d love to hear your feedback on how it cuts.
Well I have cut arrma chassis like they are butter so I have to imagine this should still work fine. I don't have much knowledge on plasmas but this one was my dad's that I have used many times cutting different aluminums for different things. I'll try to get some videos during the process

Got the max 8 g2 today. I'm looking forward to this little beast. I also may or may not have figured out a body just now. I was sitting at my desk and had my body for my TLR 22t sitting there and it happens to be wide enough and looks like the wheelbase might be perfect as well.
IMG_9232.jpeg

As of right now I got everything I need to put it together! One of my packages had said delivered and wasnt in my mailbox and I live in a condo currently so I was thinking it went in someone else's box and 3 days later I get home today and it's on my door mat! Someone was a good person I'm guessing 🙏🏼. Going to get cranking on the chassis this weekend I'll post some videos and pictures

I was just going to suggest a plasma cutter.☝️but you already have it in mind 👍.we have a machine at work that basically works like a CNC but uses a precision plasma laser cutter.They place the stock material on the table ,lock it in then they download a image of what needs to be cut and I'm sure they must enter measurements then it cuts exactly whats on the screen.Its amazing to see it at work.Are you going to be doing this by hand? Or do you have something like what I mentioned? Either way I wish you good luck.i was hoping to see another extendo build since you were the one that inspired me to make mine.Either way I can't wait to see this👍

I had never heard of this 'Siren' thing as I am Traxxas guy just 1 year into Arrma and had to do some googling. How much shorter is the wheelbase compared to a stock Typhon?

I was just going to suggest a plasma cutter.☝️but you already have it in mind 👍.we have a machine at work that basically works like a CNC but uses a precision plasma laser cutter.They place the stock material on the table ,lock it in then they download a image of what needs to be cut and I'm sure they must enter measurements then it cuts exactly whats on the screen.Its amazing to see it at work.Are you going to be doing this by hand? Or do you have something like what I mentioned? Either way I wish you good luck.i was hoping to see another extendo build since you were the one that inspired me to make mine.Either way I can't wait to see this👍
That sounds like fun to use!! Mine will be by hand with a lot of lovin' after to get the edges nice and smooth.
I had never heard of this 'Siren' thing as I am Traxxas guy just 1 year into Arrma and had to do some googling. How much shorter is the wheelbase compared to a stock Typhon?
Yeah it was never a big thing because you have to build the chassis for it and I guess it never caught on enough for companies to produce them. But it's 1.3 inches shorter, 34mm. You use the rear shaft in the front which is 34mm shorter than stock. When I get more into it I might see if I can go even shorter and cut and weld the shafts to go smaller but we will see

Last edited:
Yeah it was never a big thing because you have to build the chassis for it and I guess it never caught on enough for companies to produce them. But it's 1.3 inches shorter, 32mm. You use the rear shaft in the front which is 32mm shorter than stock. When I get more into it I might see if I can go even shorter and cut and weld the shafts to go smaller but we will see
Sounds like a great platform for a bug or monster bug build, can't wait to see how it turns out.

Sounds like a great platform for a bug or monster bug build, can't wait to see how it turns out.
Me too! I might end up with a second one setup for offroad we will see. It would look pretty awesome with buggy tires but I know it'll be a wheelie machine lol.

IMG_9265.jpeg

IMG_9268.jpeg

Really pumped at how this little thing is turning out!! I may have gone a little too beefy on the chassis because it has some heft but it looks super good and feels amazing. Still got some more things to do though

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back