Another Boeing airplane Malfunction // Door Plug flew off during flight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you talking about the crash at SFO?
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/boeing-777-crashes-while-landing-san-francisco-airport-2-dead-flna6C10556529#:~:text=The plane, Asiana Airlines Flight 214 from Seoul,,sheared off and the fuselage spewing black smoke.

This was a big deal locally. Being a hardware engineer I have to point out that it was 100% the fault of software. 😁 Which is usually the case, because you spend a bunch of money once on hardware so it has to be right. The software mentality is we can fix it later.

I didn't realize this was Alaska Air. They had some similar problems back in 2000 with respect to maintenance and oversight. A secondary cause was MD for lack of a backup system. I'm just saying there maybe more than just Boeing at fault here.

https://www.historylink.org/File/2958#:~:text=In December 2002, the National Transportation Safety Board,forced the plane into a drastic nose-down orientation.

View attachment 341924
Yeah I watched several videos on that failure. Sad that innocent people have to die as a result. That could have been avoided. Absolutely. That plane was a ticking time bomb. Yet despite this, it is much safer to fly than drive. The odds prove this. Also, once a plane does crash many who have flights soon after get all scared of flying. But the reality is that after a plane crash, odds say your next flight will not crash.

Yeah I watched several videos on that failure. Sad that innocent people have to die as a result. That could have been avoided. Absolutely. That plane was a ticking time bomb. Yet despite this, it is much safer to fly than drive. The odds prove this. Also, once a plane does crash many who have flights soon after get all scared of flying. But the reality is that after a plane crash, odds say your next flight will not crash.
It's like black jack, if you didn't win this hand bet bigger on the next one. ;)

BTW you're 100% correct. People get spooked, the companies re-jigger everything and retrain the teams. It's not like EVERY Tesla catches fire, just most of them.

Netflix has a great documentary about Boeing and it's history - Downfall: The Case Against Boeing.

So this is a bad idea?
1705027246196.png

https://www.pcmag.com/news/boeing-and-porsche-explore-building-a-flying-car-together

FAA hunting for the missing Four door-plug bolts..
And the boy's missing shirt..

Thank God the kid didn't get vacuumed out the plane...

There's apparently a need for More Oversight for >>> putting in the correct amount of screws in door(s)

I honestly can't believe Boeing is even allowed to continue building planes at this point.

Got my eyes on that ticker symbol now though :ROFLMAO:

We learned that in Kindergarten I think. It still goes 1,2,3,4,5,6? Right or did that change with the new math? I dunno kids are weird these days.

I can't imagine how many rivets, wires and screws goes into assembling a plane of that size and complexity...

But for someone to Not bolt down the fuselage "covering" that large or
missed it entirely and not have ANYONE catch the mistake anywhere along the building process Before it was sent to their airline customers/carriers
or that it was allowed to take off -with passengers- is Truly abysmal..!!

Boeing apparently didn't learn much from their MCAS disasters and their Year Long groundings of their 737 MAX 8's...

Curious how long this MAX 9 episode will last?

Also,
I'm wondering when Traxxas will send out their lawyers to sue Boeing for miss using its 'Max' trademarks ,because folks will now get confused between the troubled planes and their little trucks.

Hard to imagine..
It's a door.. Actually just a door-hole-plug that's causing this kind of turmoil at such an established company..
Wonder what other parts or systems are overlooked during assembly??

I can’t see it working. The German engineers wouldn’t possibly put up with any kind of shoddy workmanship or with the shenanigans Boeing is now getting known for. You can bet your booty that oversight would be on Porsche, whether by design or not.
I am sad to see this ongoing saga at Boeing. I’ve been an aviation geek since I was a kid and used to have mad respect for Boeing aircraft. They need to take some cleansing breaths, step back a few paces, and realign both their practices and their mindset. Boeing has been a very proud American institution for over 100 years and a huge point of pride in American manufacturing. I’d really hate to see them end on a note this sour. What a shame.

I'm not sure what's going on over there at Boeing..
I don't work in the aviation industry..
(I'm guessing somebody must've Cut some corners while assembling those doors... )
To have one of their Brand New airplane (that just got delivered) experience a Major structure 'breakage' while carrying passengers..!!
Unbelievable!

And on top of that >>> they lost ALL the cabin recordings too from their CVR because someone didn't pull the circuit breaker..?

Okay what decade of airflight are we in..??? Shouldn't there be redundancies already in place to prevent such a simple thing from happening?

(8:40)

I can tell you what's going on over there at Boeing...DEI. Or as I like to call it, DIE. Diversity, Inclusion & Equity. Read this. If this doesn't send chills down your spine, you probably no longer have a pulse.
https://boeing.mediaroom.com/2022-04-18-Boeing-CEO-Message-on-Equity,-Diversity-Inclusion-Report

Boeing is doing an awful lot of outsourcing. That particular panel that blew off the plane mid flight could be traced back to a company called Spirit Aerospace. Here...this is one of the contractors that is putting together planes for Boeing.
https://www.spiritaero.com/company/...usion/international-women-in-engineering-day/
1705417451982.png

But it's not just Boeing. A couple of years ago, United Airlines set a goal that 50% of their hires for pilots are to be women or people of color (if memory serves, they're actually coming in above that target at 70-80%). They are literally promoting flight attendants to pilot training (in at least once case they rehired a flight attendant that had been fired with the explicit notification that this person is never to return to United and put her into the pilot training program).

Let that sink in for a moment. No seriously. Let that marinate for a minute or two.

I honestly could not care less about the color of my pilots skin. It's the furthest thing from my mind. The only thing I care about, is that airline companies are hiring the best and most highly qualified pilots with the most amount of flight hours that they can get their hands on. Full stop. No other factors should be considered. EVER.

Presently, United is always pairing up their diversity hires with veteran pilots so that at least one person in the cockpit knows what they're doing and how to stay calm in case of emergency. But how many years do you think they have until the enough veterans have aged out of the system and the number of DIE hires make up a majority of the pilots they have on staff and the chances of having two midwits at the helm of the plane that humans are sitting in makes it all but a certainty? Flying in commercial aircraft either already is or will very soon be, no different from playing Russian roulette. And no, I'm not being hyperbolic.

If you hire on any criteria other than competency, you WILL get less competency. Probability? 100%.

Back