Senton 120c or 50c battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natemar

Reaction score
i don't know the difference. i have an arrma senton 3s blx and i don't know if i should get the spectrum battery wich is a 5000mah 50c 11.1v batter or the other one wich is a 6800 mah 120c 11.1v battery

i don't know the difference. i have an arrma senton 3s blx and i don't know if i should get the spectrum battery wich is a 5000mah 50c 11.1v batter or the other one wich is a 6800 mah 120c 11.1v battery

Eh. 120c is a BS lie imo. 5000 mah is lighter and easier on your rig than the latter choice. Especially the light, 3s platform with the lighter duty pinion, spur gear, diff and diff bearings. I went with higher mah for my 6s Senton/typhon cuz I got cheap batteries to make up for the fact that the mah capacity on those are a lie as well as the C rating discharge capacity. I wouldn't go any heavier or larger than 5200mah for your 3s rig...fwiw.

you will get more run time with the 6800mah battery. I reckon if you don't full throttle all the time, maybe 20minutes with the 5000 and 26 minutes with the 6800.

There is a likelihood the extra weight will cause more things to damage when you crash, but that is very subjective.

How much is that important to you, you need to weigh the $ cost.

will the 6800 mah fit in the battery tray the more mah the bigger they are normally

Neither. Stay away from the Spektrum Smart batteries and the Amazon cheapos.

In no particular order these brands usually have the better batteries.

SMC Racing.
CNHL.
Liperior.
Gens Tattu.
Turnigy HD.
Turnigy Graphene.

I have the same truck and a 3s typhon also. Some bats as high as 7200mah
No concerns on weight. C rating means nothing.

I have some Spektrum G1 smart batteries, they are decent, not worth the price though in my opinion. The G1 smart batteries have a balance lead, the G2 do not, and as such the G2 smart batteries can only be charged on a Spektrum smart charger, which are junk in my opinion..I have one that didn't last a year. Done, no more Spektrum chargers for me.
For a stock rc, the amazon "ping-pong" brands do fine. I think once you start adding higher power motors and esc's the cheapo batteries show their "true colors" by falling flat on their arses. They generally don't deliver their advertised specs.
As to MAH, it depends on a couple things, most importantly is, if it'll fit in the tray.. then what's more important to you, runtime, or handling. Higher MAH will give longer runtimes, but the added weight will sacrifice handling, as well as more wear and tear on the running gear due to added weight. A couple ounces may not sound like much, but when the vehicle weight itself is often measured at only a couple pounds, ounces makes a notable difference IMO.

Neither. Stay away from the Spektrum Smart batteries and the Amazon cheapos.

100%.
Being a rookie, I thought I was choosing the "safe" path by going Spektrum, and I made that exact mistake: a G2 3S 5000mah and a G2 4S 6800mah.

The 4S cost a fortune, and it just let me down (busted 4th cell apparently. After a little under 15 bashes.)

The lack of interoperability (i.e., the fact that you'll have to gear up all spektrum to make the best out of it) is going to bite you sooner than you think.

Oh, and you'll likely read it all over the place: bigger batteries means that you put _way_ more stress on your rig(s), and thus damage them faster.

I would go with 2 lighter ones, and a 2 channel charger: charging will be overall faster, and changing batteries mid-bash is not a problem.

Last edited:
Back