Kraton Battery choice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRG4ARRMA

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
What do you all recommend for my K4S- either two Spektrum 2S 120C 6200mAh pro bashing in series or one gensacearespammers Advance 4S 100C 5300mAh? Because of my dementia, I need an automatic discharge battery.

Gensac3 for the win, over spectrum. I'd never heard of self discharging batts before

The Gens Advanced and the Spektrum Pro Bashing will automatically self discharge to storage voltage (programmable) after a defined time period (also programmable) after being charged and not used. It’s nice not having to remember if I didn’t use the battery to put it back on the charger to discharge it.
My conundrum is that I can get two of the Gens 4S batteries and their Imars D300 dual charger for less than two of the 2S Spektrum batteries and the S1100 single 100w charger.

The Gens Advanced and the Spektrum Pro Bashing will automatically self discharge to storage voltage (programmable) after a defined time period (also programmable) after being charged and not used. It’s nice not having to remember if I didn’t use the battery to put it back on the charger to discharge it.
My conundrum is that I can get two of the Gens 4S batteries and their Imars D300 dual charger for less than two of the 2S Spektrum batteries and the S1100 single 100w charger.
The gens are better and cheaper. cool tech!

Hey Glitch. Why are gens better than Spektrum? I don’t have any experience. What’s your opinion regarding the Imars D300 and spektrum smart chargers? What are your thoughts based on? Curious 🧐

Here is my $0.02. Spektrum much like Traxxas are not battery manufacturers. Probably outsourced to a generic manufacturer. The whole point of these batteries is matching them to your esc, radio, and charger using the Spektrum or Traxxas software. As such you pay a premium for this. They are certainly not bad batteries but once you go down this road there is no turning back. It's more of a personal and budgetary choice. gensacearespammers is a battery manufacturer. Imars D300 is a great charger but is very likely a reboot of a ISDT. I'll probably pick one up when my HOTA D6+ goes south. I think it's days are numbered at this point. Good luck!

Thanks for your nickel! Yeah, I get all that. Because of my dementia and being a complete nub, I have decided I need a battery that will self discharge to storage voltage. As far as I know, these are my two options. I like the price of gens, but I also like Spektrum’s approach to the technology by eliminating the balance plug. (One less thing to fiddle with.).
I’m working on a way to make the Spektrum Pro Basher 4S 6800mAh 120C fit in my K4S. Gens does not have an equivalent battery that self discharges. In their Advanced series, they jump from 5300 mah to 10,000mAh , and they are 100C-not 120C. Plus they still have a balance plug. I do like the fact that the D300 uses XT 60 outputs. As you can tell by my waffling, I’m really torn. If I buy Spektrum, my budget will be going into a $150 battery (which is insane), and the charger will suffer by becoming a single 100w unit. If I go with gens, I can get the D300 and TWO 5300mAh batteries. 🤷🏼🤯
Enjoy the eclipse!

Thanks for your nickel! Yeah, I get all that. Because of my dementia and being a complete nub, I have decided I need a battery that will self discharge to storage voltage. As far as I know, these are my two options. I like the price of gens, but I also like Spektrum’s approach to the technology by eliminating the balance plug. (One less thing to fiddle with.).
I’m working on a way to make the Spektrum Pro Basher 4S 6800mAh 120C fit in my K4S. Gens does not have an equivalent battery that self discharges. In their Advanced series, they jump from 5300 mah to 10,000mAh , and they are 100C-not 120C. Plus they still have a balance plug. I do like the fact that the D300 uses XT 60 outputs. As you can tell by my waffling, I’m really torn. If I buy Spektrum, my budget will be going into a $150 battery (which is insane), and the charger will suffer by becoming a single 100w unit. If I go with gens, I can get the D300 and TWO 5300mAh batteries. 🤷🏼🤯
Enjoy the eclipse!
I would not worry about 100c vs 120c the numbers are not very acurate. If I had to guess the 100c Gens is probably better than the 120c spektrum.

Enjoy the eclipse!
I know it isn't what everyone says to do but I've been 4 years without ever discharging to storage voltage, when we get done I throw them on the charger, a duel battery touchscreen charger off Amazon, I can't think of the name but it'll be the only one that comes up as duel battery touch screen, it's easy to use. anyways I charge my five packs when done then throw them in side double firebags and sit them in the middle of the basement floor "concrete" and have yet to see any problems with my packs. there's alot of people that preach lipo care stuff, the charger does have a discharge function that's automatic I just never use it. "two arrma sentons, one trx4 high trail, and a arrma talion. my two DJI drones their batteries all discharge after so many days by themselves so they don't count. My charger is the t400 pro, very simple to use compared to the one I had before that was a pain to use on multiple different packs, this one you just plug in your pack and balance plug, tap lipo on the screen and it'll show your pack info, in my case 3s and a 6s pack, just verify it's correct and click start. it even relentlessly plays a song when it's done so you can't forget what your doing.

Hey Glitch. Why are gens better than Spektrum? I don’t have any experience. What’s your opinion regarding the Imars D300 and spektrum smart chargers? What are your thoughts based on? Curious 🧐
So besides the fact that they are cheaper, they are less ecosystem locked but most importantly are actually better battery cells.

Back