Xt150

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody move up to xt150 plugs. ?Notice any difference in performance or less heat.? Or run in a parallel with less connection?
I run XT150. I guess I didn't notice any heat or performance issues with the XT90 plugs and haven't with the 150s either. The main reason I switched to them was for my 8s Baja. I set mine up so that I can plug the batteries in series without adapters or loop connectors.

XT90 can handle 90 Amps continuously, and up to three times that for shorter periods. This is more than enough for any 1/8 scale car. At higher amps, the 10 AWG wires are actually a bigger problem than the connector.

Great video with all you need to know about XT90's:

I guess XT150 could give more flexibility with the single bullets, but there's also a risk of making a wrong connection. Personally I prefer simplicity and safety with XT90's and 6S batteries.

I run XT150. I guess I didn't notice any heat or performance issues with the XT90 plugs and haven't with the 150s either. The main reason I switched to them was for my 8s Baja. I set mine up so that I can plug the batteries in series without adapters or loop connectors.
Exactly,do you notice any performance benefit with less adapter or extra loop connector. Less resistance.easier on esc?

Exactly,do you notice any performance benefit with less adapter or extra loop connector. Less resistance.easier on esc?
I've never really done any comparision but I don't really notice any performance benefit. I'm sure on a small scale there is a difference but not enough that your normal basher will notice it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back