Mojave World’s First Alloy Chassis 1/8 Mojave

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I do like the Mojo 6s, I would have preffered if it were built on the LWB vs XLWB. Should be epic brother.
Being that mine is really just a mashup of K6 and Mojo6s, things could be better. I just recently decided to put the Mojo 6s body back onto the KXL. Since it's full Kraton width, I had to do some heavy clearancing to the body. Sporting BF LP's ATM, but once the ground dries up I'll be looking for something more suitable for the clay. Might have to go with some truggy race tires, not sure. I've also decided to put truck hubs and stubs on the Mojo armed K6, Buggy hubs and stubs onto the Mojo. See how that works.
try these wheels if you want truggy wheels, they are great on clay
https://www.google.com/search?q=zd+...1&safe=active&ssui=on#spd=3950070971811921876

I did see those in your original, just wasn't sure if they were the ones you were referring to. Price is right. I'll have to keep them in mind. Thanks bro! 👍 🍻
You're Welcome! These wheels have worked great on my k6, but the only concern I'd have with using them on your rig is they are quite wide, at 82 mm. but they are overall great tires. I would suggest if you have a high-speed gearing that you "belt" them as they ballon a decent amount.

You're Welcome! These wheels have worked great on my k6, but the only concern I'd have with using them on your rig is they are quite wide, at 82 mm. but they are overall great tires. I would suggest if you have a high-speed gearing that you "belt" them as they ballon a decent amount.
They appear to be 1/2 offset? In which case I could use them on my narrow Kraton, which has Mojave arms, but I don't really like the way 1/2 offset wheels look or behave on a wide truggy such as a stock Kraton. Just too wide for my liking. I don't think any of my rc's have ever gone over say 50mph either TBH. I will occasionally blast up and down my driveway to test something after a repair or replacement, but otherwise it's just mainly track use for me.

The remaining build components arriving Monday.

View attachment 359578

View attachment 359579
Those 4 body pins will get doweled right through the chassis for final height.
BTW, love the RWB colored body!! I think it's the better looking of the two Arrma offerings myself.. I "may" be biased though.:cool:🇺🇸 'Murica, f**k yeah!!

Engine and trans were hoisted in

IMG_2039.jpeg

Little bit of ingenuity configuring tower size, hole positions, and wheel well clearances.

View attachment 359997

View attachment 359998

View attachment 359999
Lookin good brother!!
I do wonder if you could get away with using a Mojo 6s front shock tower? I was thinkinking if you drilled new holes in the body for the 6s mounts, cover the 4s holes with e6000/mesh tape, then apply a sticker or two on the outside to cover them up..perhaps the 6s mounts are too wide? Might put the posts to close to the fenders? Just spitballing here..
What are you using for arms? Typhon or Senton? Shocks? I don't mean to pry, just curious.
LOVE that body and fit though!!👍😎🍻

Fireteam front tower for more vertical shock articulation, typhon arms with some negative offset adapters, shocks will be Mojave body with different rods/pistons. That’s at least the initial calibration procedure for testing 👍🏼

Might eventually finalize one piece towers, but limited in tower to female post mount capability to gain correct angles.

Fireteam front tower for more vertical shock articulation, typhon arms with some negative offset adapters, shocks will be Mojave body with different rods/pistons. That’s at least the initial calibration procedure for testing 👍🏼

Might eventually finalize one piece towers, but limited in tower to female post mount capability to gain correct angles.
Gotchya. Alot of stuff to figure for sure, I totally respect that. Was also thinking CF towers would lighten things a bit, but I'm sure you're aware.. get everything together and working first, then go back and lighten and button things up. Makes sense.👍

Front tower now positions the body centered to safely clear both front and rear OEM 6S bumpers for maintenance. The front guard rails just require a width decrease.

IMG_2076.jpeg

IMG_2074.jpeg

Last edited:
I think youve nailed what ive been wanting... would you mind tossing together a list for what arms/hubs/body moumts you used? Id love to do this too!
I’ll probably end up doing a video to troll the overpriced slash maxx and other plastic fanboys.

Last edited:
Back