Mojave World’s First Alloy Chassis 1/8 Mojave

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garcbomber

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Fireteam
  3. Granite Grom
  4. Infraction
  5. Mojave
  6. Notorious
  7. Typhon 6s
  8. Typhon TLR
Building a “4S Mojave” using Talion EXB chassis and need to determine wheel offset.
If someone could kindly provide the following wheel well width measurements I’d appreciate it.

Also, what is the body post pin center to center distance please.

TIA

IMG_1945.jpeg

Thanks! An inch narrow but nothing a trim can’t fix!
You're doing it? A 6s 1/8 drivetrain LWB Mojave with the 4s body? Lol. I mentioned the idea, and now someone (you) are putting it in the works. I'd be doing it, but can't afford any more since my Typhon to S6 build. If you get it going, I definitely want to see the progress. I'd go for the clear body and paint it. I'd also probably use Typhon towers and Senton 6s body mounts like I did for my current S6. It took a lot of dremel work. I suppose you could try Mojave 6s towers, shocks and mounts with Typhon arms, with the Mojave body mounts set as low as possible, idk. But definitely the Typhon arms. Anything wider would be too wide for that body. Typhon arms should probably make about the same width as the 4s Mojave.

You could also try looking for a Hobao 1/8th SCT body.

Yeah it’ll be the shell only to keep a little weight off.

Last edited:
Body should be here tonight for the weekend. 👍🏼

Will assemble the essentials and start corner balancing.
Lipo/motor are both 400 grams but the front end orientation may require some ingenuity.

IMG_1965.jpeg

IMG_1991.jpeg

Shout out to @parcou for the chassis! Didn't realize they used the same braces as a Mojave so if you want them back just say the word!

Last edited:
Nice! I look forward to seeing it come together. I used the K6 since that's what I had. Talion should handle even better I'd bet. I never thought about the 4s Mojo body for it, my version has a hacked up K6 body on it now with a mixture of Kraton and Mojo 6s body mounts, Losi posts.
After seeing this thread, I hopped over to Arrma RC to start comparing specs between 4,6s Mojos and Tali and K6.. I'm reminded quickly what I hate about Arrma and the specs they choose to publish, they don't give the same specs from model to model. Drives me nuts, why can't they just use one spec sheet acrossed the different models? Example: track width is listed for the 6s, but not the 4s. Ground clearance is listed for 4s, not 6s. Diff ratio listed for 6s, not for 4s..:confused:🤷‍♂️

It will essentially be a LWB TLR SCT with full adjustability, the only way the body will fit profile wise.

The Cg and weight distribution will be much better than Arrma's plastic version with 6S powertrain and full SCT durability.

Here's the kicker for the corner scale comparison...
1712337915688.png

Last edited:
While I do like the Mojo 6s, I would have preffered if it were built on the LWB vs XLWB. Should be epic brother.
Being that mine is really just a mashup of K6 and Mojo6s, things could be better. I just recently decided to put the Mojo 6s body back onto the KXL. Since it's full Kraton width, I had to do some heavy clearancing to the body. Sporting BF LP's ATM, but once the ground dries up I'll be looking for something more suitable for the clay. Might have to go with some truggy race tires, not sure. I've also decided to put truck hubs and stubs on the Mojo armed K6, Buggy hubs and stubs onto the Mojo. See how that works.

Back