Why does Arrma not want to smash the Traxxas 100mph XO-1 RTR?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20230328_103056_resized.jpg

I tried the Bandit, just does not work for me. Want to buy it cheap? 🤣
20230328_120417_resized.jpg

20230327_121913_resized.jpg

Has 2 sets of wheels and parts.
20230327_161124_resized_1.jpg

After some thought, I am not allowed to sell here. I will put it up for adoption in the classifies. Sorry about all of this. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
View attachment 364987

I tried the Bandit, just does not work for me. Want to buy it cheap? 🤣 View attachment 364988

View attachment 364992

Has 2 sets of wheels and parts. View attachment 364993

After some thought, I am not allowed to sell here. I will put it up for adoption in the classifies. Sorry about all of this. 🤷‍♂️
That thing is "ready for flight"!! Really sharp brother👌
Adoption?! Ooh, I've never adopted before..:unsure:;) LOL.

2wd buggies need a prepped surface to properly strut their stuff, or asphalt. Even on 2s though, hard to handle the speed they are capable of.

That thing is "ready for flight"!! Really sharp brother👌
Adoption?! Ooh, I've never adopted before..:unsure:;) LOL.

2wd buggies need a prepped surface to properly strut their stuff, or asphalt. Even on 2s though, hard to handle the speed they are capable of.
It handles better in a dirt environment. :cool:. This is on 3s., Not too bad on asphalt. It just does not work for me. I bought a Typhon for a buggy. 🤣

Any idea for a price for this thing? $200 too much? 🤷‍♂️

The Arrma limitless is called that for a reason. It is limitless because you have to add your own motor, ESC and such. It is truly Limitless. I think the record it has is like 220mph? I could be wrong. But I'm close. :cool: The Xo is fast. Just not fast enough. It has a safety thing. You have to unlock. Really? Buy one and let me know. 🤣

The 2wd Rustler essentially performs the same, but for whatever reason I just prefer to use the Bandit for speed ripping. I suppose that may be because I prefer the Rustler on the track, so I'm "saving it" for that? IDK. My brother also has a 2wd Rusty, so we race each other with those. Track is a bit bumpy for these little lightweights, as such the Bandit really can't be as easily controlled as the wider Rustler can on track.

The Arrma limitless is called that for a reason. It is limitless because you have to add your own motor, ESC and such. It is truly Limitless. I think the record it has is like 220mph? I could be wrong. But I'm close. :cool: The Xo is fast. Just not fast enough. It has a safety thing. You have to unlock. Really? Buy one and let me know. 🤣
Not me brother. I don't do road cars. I haven't the space or desire. I agree, TRX put a "Nanny" in the XOXO, trying to be responsible or some nonsense I suppose. I mean if someone has $1k to spend on an rc, that someone should have at least some common sense, no? Not according to TRX I guess, they gonna tell you what you can or can't do with your toy.

I agree. The reason why I want to sell it. 🤣

It is a cool rig for the right person. Just not for me.

Last edited:
That’s not a ‘79… 1979 had the urethane nose with separated headlamps. That’s supposed to be a 1977 in the 1st Bandit movie, but they were all modified 1976 cars. The Bandit Edition cars available to the public were all 1977, prior to the other films. 😉
Oh idk why I thought it was a 79.

View attachment 364987

I tried the Bandit, just does not work for me. Want to buy it cheap? 🤣 View attachment 364988

View attachment 364992

Has 2 sets of wheels and parts. View attachment 364993

Don't get me wrong the Bandit looks like a nice buggy but I just didn't find it very fun to drive as the VXL 3s system is not right for the track I drive it on. I think it needs a higher kv motor with less gearing but I'm not sure.

@blaster27 says he hates it lol.
I want a Bandit but can't justify one after I just bought a Typhon6S. Especially because I'd buy it then chop it up to Mid-Motor it.

Because they probably don't care? No one really buys the X0-1 anyway. I can count on one hand how many people I know with an X0-1. I lost count of how many people I know have one of the Arrma offroad cars.
I have an XO-1! I am thinking of selling it this summer. I only got it one other Dec or Jan so I haven't run it more than a few times and in stock form. Not long ago I bought a Felon 6s. It is just more useful for my purposes. I can't decide whether to convert it to 8s since I have a Castle Mamba 8s laying around. I forget what the motor that came with ot is. Something like 1250kv. I take it the Felon motor can't handle 8s. What I was really wondering is if all the telemetry dodads will work if I switch over.

Back to the original topic for RTR fastest car.

I don't think anyone can compete at the price point that Rlaarlo has established.
RTR out of the it can do 140+ mph with their foam tires and proper gearing.

View attachment 339134
With which car and how would you do that? With the dual motor conversion?

Last edited:
@blaster27 says he hates it lol.
I want a Bandit but can't justify one after I just bought a Typhon6S. Especially because I'd buy it then chop it up to Mid-Motor it.
Is it worth it? I mean I suppose if one already has the Bandit with upgrades maybe, but to buy a VXL Bandit, then perform a mid motor conversion seems counterintuitive to me. I'd just start with a proper race buggy. I like that the Bandit and Rustler can accept most any 2 or 3s standard battery pack, I don't really like the idea of having batteries that only fit one vehicle myself. Then again, I don't do any real racing. Just banging around the track at my house that I made. I can't be bothered to travel just to run rc's. I used to back when, but not anymore. Carpet and dirt oval is really all there is round here, meh. No thanks.✌

Do you have a list of what I would need to do that?
Yep. Nitro rustler chassis, and nitro rustler plastic set from Jennys RC. Assuming you've got a Rusty already.
Total cost of build is like 30$. But that Nitro Rusty chassis is floppy as heck.

Is it worth it? I mean I suppose if one already has the Bandit with upgrades maybe, but to buy a VXL Bandit, then perform a mid motor conversion seems counterintuitive to me. I'd just start with a proper race buggy. I like that the Bandit and Rustler can accept most any 2 or 3s standard battery pack, I don't really like the idea of having batteries that only fit one vehicle myself. Then again, I don't do any real racing. Just banging around the track at my house that I made. I can't be bothered to travel just to run rc's. I used to back when, but not anymore. Carpet and dirt oval is really all there is round here, meh. No thanks.✌
IDK, I just love building Traxxas 2WDs into something different. Also real race buggies are a bit outa my budget. I'd just find a Bandit slider and see what I can do with it to make it as fast 'round a track as possible.

I have an XO-1! I am thinking of selling it this summer. I only got it one other Dec or Jan so I haven't run it more than a few times and in stock form. Not long ago I bought a Felon 6s. It is just more useful for my purposes. I can't decide whether to convert it to 8s since I have a Castle Mamba 8s laying around. I forget what the motor that came with ot is. Something like 1250kv. I take it the Felon motor can't handle 8s. What I was really wondering is if all the telemetry dodads will work if I switch over.

With which car and how would you do that? With the dual motor conversion?
You'd lose the telemetry, but be in a whole new realm of POWA!

Yep. Nitro rustler chassis, and nitro rustler plastic set from Jennys RC. Assuming you've got a Rusty already.
Total cost of build is like 30$. But that Nitro Rusty chassis is floppy as heck.

IDK, I just love building Traxxas 2WDs into something different. Also real race buggies are a bit outa my budget. I'd just find a Bandit slider and see what I can do with it to make it as fast 'round a track as possible.

That's what I thought. I already have the parts and the batteries from my Losi DBXL-E 2. I figure I'll just learn to drive it as it is to get the practice!

Well I'm all for building stuff out to fit my needs.. on the cheap especially!! I guess I understand better now! 👍 😁

Back