Wheel weights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutch213

Jump it, Break it, Fix it
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Senton 6s
  3. Talion
  4. Typhon 6s
This was really surprising and I weighed all my backflips to make sure it was correct....I don't know if there is mud in the foam but its hard to believe that they are heavier than the massive 3.8 badlands mx... The katars are super light...

Attachments

• IMG_2888.jpg
    IMG_2888.jpg
    346.2 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_2889.jpg
    IMG_2889.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2890.jpg
    IMG_2890.jpg
    317 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_2892.jpg
    IMG_2892.jpg
    426.5 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2891.jpg
    IMG_2891.jpg
    482.1 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2893.jpg
    IMG_2893.jpg
    408 KB · Views: 63
Interesting info. The very first run on my Katars on the Talion blew out in no time / first pack. I was on a dry dirt baseball diamond. 6s they exploded. I then went to Backflips on the Talion but didn't like em for the weight. Now I run Terrain Crushers on the road and dry dirt ... and back to the Katars when I have some resistance in grass or moist dirt. I only had to buy a set of two Katars and certainly cheaper than any other branded or ProLine options. Plus, I've learned some restraint on the trigger now.

I think I am gonna try the badlands 3.8 version of the backflips... Tires are the most expensive thing for these cars...it sucks! I wish I vented my backflips... I ruined them

No doubt they get expensive for sure. 18-25% the cost of the entire vehicle. 6s puts em through hell.
I'll probably go ahead and start venting; I'll set up a venting rig with the brake line you showed or similar trick. I also want to try more mud runnin cause we're overwhelmed with rain right now and I don't want to take a winter break. We don't even get snow here....just rain and mud.

man, it rains so damn much in NJ..Im from FL and im used to the rain but it doesn't drain here...It sucks..I haven't had more than an hr bash time in a week...I just built a big ramp that im gonna send the Talion on, over a parking lot and down onto a baseball field...cant wait!

I saw a post with a comment about sealing the wheel vent holes and open new vent holes in the backflips instead. Would this prolong the life of the tires ? I run the Notorious with 4S using 16T pinion with a top speed of 40mph. I only run in short grass or dirt when the grass dies in our "Winter" here in Central Florida :)

In case the answer is yes, what's the best option for backflips ? two or three holes in the middle of the tire ? what diameter should be good for the holes ? I have done this method only twice with much smaller tires.

Thank you !

I vent mine in 4 places and cover the rim holes with duct tape. I put a small piece of 1/4 copper pipe in a drill, sharpen it on my bench grinder and it’s ready to go. Makes about a 1/8-3/16 hole.
Dutch, there’s a method of removing those tires from the rims with acetone and a bucket. I haven’t tried it yet but read about it and saw a video. Something to do while it’s rainning...

This was really surprising and I weighed all my backflips to make sure it was correct....I don't know if there is mud in the foam but its hard to believe that they are heavier than the massive 3.8 badlands mx... The katars are super light...
There’s definitely a lot of mud/water in your backflips, brand new backlip weights 12.8

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    391.7 KB · Views: 51
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back