Limitless What other platforms are good for speed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
I have a Limitless and Rlaarlo today and am curious about other options.

What other 1/10 or 1/8 cars are good for speed running? Solid design, durable, good chassis layout, etc.
The Typhon GT builds are fantastic, but a bit more of a challenge on the shorter wheelbase. It’s all about the aero and proper setup. I’m in the middle of one of the best 328mm speed builds that has ever been constructed. Honest. Stay tuned, sir. Coming from you, a consummate professional and meticulous builder, I know you’ll enjoy it.

The habao rig that everyone was gushing about a while ago and saying how it's a better platform than the limitless.

I think this is the one

https://www.hobao-usa.com/product/hb-vte2-v2-1-7-extreme-vt2-v2-on-road-electric-arr/
I guess I have seen some Habao cars on the leaderboards. I’ll check it out. Thanks.

The Typhon GT builds are fantastic, but a bit more of a challenge on the shorter wheelbase. It’s all about the aero and proper setup. I’m in the middle of one of the best 328mm speed builds that has ever been constructed. Honest. Stay tuned, sir. Coming from you, a consummate professional and meticulous builder, I know you’ll enjoy it.
I suppose I do have four Typhons laying around. One could probably be repurposed. Make sure to share your build when it’s done!

I really like the idea of stretched typhons on talion/kraton chassis but I don't know how fast people have gone with them. I'd imagine it's better than a typhon with limitless towers/shocks though.

I really like the idea of stretched typhons on talion/kraton chassis but I don't know how fast people have gone with them. I'd imagine it's better than a typhon with limitless towers/shocks though.
Stretched typhons make great open wheel speed cars!! I managed 138 on 4s as a buggy before changing it to GT. Buggies are more forgving also as long as you run rubber tires.

Stretched typhons make great open wheel speed cars!! I managed 138 on 4s as a buggy before changing it to GT. Buggies are more forgving also as long as you run rubber tires.
Man that is moving!

How would you compare a stretched typhon to a limitless for speed running? Do any specific differences stand out?

Last edited:
VTE2 has been my favorite car so far. It is alot like Arrma 1/7 scale but a few things that were done better or stronger.
Otherwise it would be looking at some 1/10 platforms like the Rlaarlo or Hobao EPX.
Does the VTE2 get rid of the front input angle that is not optimal for extreme RPM?

Back