What is your RC LiPo of choice in 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone besides me like the YooWoo Graphine 100c 6S lipos? I tried Zee, HooVoo and CHNL, and I keep going back to those YooWoo lipos for bashing. I'm hearing I gotta get Onyx for speed runs...

Anyone besides me like the YooWoo Graphine 100c 6S lipos? I tried Zee, HooVoo and CHNL, and I keep going back to those YooWoo lipos for bashing. I'm hearing I gotta get Onyx for speed runs...
I have one these packs, I haven't made a lot runs with it yet but impressed with it so far with power and run time.

Currently Onyx for my Limitless, Widemaxx and XRT

xACVJz.jpg

Aerox for my Tomahawk

PLMcby.jpg

Also have a stack load of ZEE'S that i no longer have cars for....

KgXNVP.jpg

probably means i have to go out and buy some more cars.... :ROFLMAO:

SMC all day, best bang for buck there is. gensacearespammers i've had in the past did well also (2s and 3s hard packs). It's about time to retire the 5 year old SMC 6s brick I've been running.

I think that I'm going to stick to Gens and SMC only. I really like the Gtech stuff from Gens. I already have their two channel charger with getch . Its pretty nice. I decided to give Lectron pro a chance, but the Gens spanks it in how long it lasts (5200mah vs 6800mah, is) understandable), but the gens makes my Hybrid Typhon go faster. 51 mph vs 54mph for Gens. If I had to choose, I'd go Gens all the way since the Lectron pro is not cheap at all. It's almost as much as the Gens. After 7 minutes of nonstop run time the Lectron was at 9% (23T pinion, Max 6 V2 and 4985 HW motor). After 9 minutes the Gens was at 24%.huge difference. I feel that the 5200mah vs 6800mah feels a lot more than that. The IR resistance is about the same between these two batteries. The thing that I like about the Lectron is how small it is. The Gens is a monster, but it does fit in my Typhon 6s sideways.
I'm very happy with the SMC batteries that I'm using on my XRT and Xmaxx. These :
HCL-HC 14.8V-8400mAh 120C Hardcase

So Gens and SMC for me. 👍.
Channel C is the gens. Channel D is the Lectron : run time : Lectron 7 minutes. Gens : 9 minutes. Lectron hit LVC (high cut off on V2 Max 6). Gens didn't trigger LVC. The pinion came off so I had to stop. I'll have to do an LVC test another day. Off-road

Screenshot_20240430_091026_GNSS PA.jpg
Screenshot_20240430_093003_GNSS PA.jpg
20240430_100258.jpg
20240430_100338.jpg
20240430_100355.jpg
20240429_235238.jpg

Gens ♠️ makes some fookin’ good batteries. I just tried the new Redline 2.0 race packs in my Syncro4 and it feels more powerful than any of my other lipos.

When I bought my Infraction 6s from my local RC shop about a month ago, I purchased two G*ns A*e G-Tech Bashing 6800mah 3s 120C batteries because that's what they had readily available. Coupled with the Imars D300 smart charger, I couldn't ask for anything better. My future battery purchases will most likely be similar batteries from G*ns A*e.

I'm hearing much praise for the Gens batteries, once I find that "golden ticket" I'll give em a go. Till then, I just ordered up a pair of Turnigy Rapids to try. I used to run the Turnigy packs about 13 years ago with great results. Seems they aren't as highly regarded these days as they once were, but I'm a sucker for a deal..
Seems weird to me how similar the specs and appearance are between these Turnigy Rapids and CNHL's Racing Series LIHV 4s 8200 packs? I know, standard voltage vs HV, but I don't doubt some of Turnigy's batteries are coming off the same line as CNHL. Both are 4S2P configurations even, which I don't see often in lipo packs.
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-rapid-8000mah-4s2p-140c-hardcase-lipo-battery-pack-w-xt90.html
https://chinahobbyline.com/products...-JL6gM3_F_UN4GK6qfir-oRugCr9FMSxoC_ykQAvD_BwE

I'm hearing much praise for the Gens batteries, once I find that "golden ticket" I'll give em a go. Till then, I just ordered up a pair of Turnigy Rapids to try. I used to run the Turnigy packs about 13 years ago with great results. Seems they aren't as highly regarded these days as they once were, but I'm a sucker for a deal..
Seems weird to me how similar the specs and appearance are between these Turnigy Rapids and CNHL's Racing Series LIHV 4s 8200 packs? I know, standard voltage vs HV, but I don't doubt some of Turnigy's batteries are coming off the same line as CNHL. Both are 4S2P configurations even, which I don't see often in lipo packs.
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-rapid-8000mah-4s2p-140c-hardcase-lipo-battery-pack-w-xt90.html
https://chinahobbyline.com/products...-JL6gM3_F_UN4GK6qfir-oRugCr9FMSxoC_ykQAvD_BwE
So what's the deal with these **newer** turnigy Rapid softpacks? Haven't really been eyeing anything turnigy until just now, and noticed they exist. Anyone tried them? Price seems to be lower than usual, so makes me wonder if it's the "budget" option.

What’s the deal with g*ns a*ce? I’ve noticed similar censored spellings, are they not allowed or something?
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...mers-called-gensacearespammers-on-here.68327/

Last edited:
So what's the deal with these **newer** turnigy Rapid softpacks? Haven't really been eyeing anything turnigy until just now, and noticed they exist. Anyone tried them? Price seems to be lower than usual, so makes me wonder if it's the "budget" option.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...mers-called-gensacearespammers-on-here.68327/
I think they are new, and HobbyKing is selling them cheap to get them out for exposure. For the current price, I don't see how you could go wrong. I wanted to try some, but the highest they go is 6000mah, which I was tempted to try, but really wanted something larger for my K8S.

2s-3s range could be enough. Not speedrunner & hardcore basher with heavy rigs. Just stay with crawler & truck with decent speed.

Currently Onyx for my Limitless, Widemaxx and XRT

xACVJz.jpg

Aerox for my Tomahawk

PLMcby.jpg

Also have a stack load of ZEE'S that i no longer have cars for....

KgXNVP.jpg

probably means i have to go out and buy some more cars.... :ROFLMAO:
Wow, those batteries are soo clean!? How you do that? Have they ever been outside? I usually have to brush the mud/dirt off my balance connectors before I can plug them in, LOL.

Gens ♠️ makes some fookin’ good batteries. I just tried the new Redline 2.0 race packs in my Syncro4 and it feels more powerful than any of my other lipos.
Well considering the price, they darned well better be. Double what I pay for fun. LOL.

What’s the deal with g*ns a*ce? I’ve noticed similar censored spellings, are they not allowed or something?
At one time, G*ns A*e was spamming the forum. The forum automatically replaces the correct spelling with "gensacespammers". To avoid that, we don't use the proper spelling.

Wow, those batteries are soo clean!? How you do that? Have they ever been outside? I usually have to brush the mud/dirt off my balance connectors before I can plug them in, LOL.

Well considering the price, they darned well better be. Double what I pay for fun. LOL.
Gens have outperformed all the cheaper batteries I've tried and have taken my abuse a lot more.

Gens have outperformed all the cheaper batteries I've tried and have taken my abuse a lot more.
I would expect as much given they are at least double the price. I just haven't been disappointed enough, nor do I feel I'm lacking in performance to justify paying that much for batteries. The only physical damage any of my batteries have ever incurred was severed balance leads, which was indeed my own fault for not securing them. I respect anyone's desire and means to have the best, just don't feel the need myself.✌🍻

I would expect as much given they are at least double the price. I just haven't been disappointed enough, nor do I feel I'm lacking in performance to justify paying that much for batteries. The only physical damage any of my batteries have ever incurred was severed balance leads, which was indeed my own fault for not securing them. I respect anyone's desire and means to have the best, just don't feel the need myself.✌🍻
I paid $61 dollars a piece for the ones I got. $122 for a set of two 3s

I paid $61 dollars a piece for the ones I got. $122 for a set of two 3s
That's a good deal, they're $75 each on Amain right now. So $150 for one 6s.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/gens-a...6TrqClgI7h_JHDbnCh6ZN6bco8Ax5DuIaAtMuEALw_wcB

Zeee 6s 5200 120c, 2 for $105.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3836912656...ZQQPDW&hash=item5955c81662:g:6sAAAOSww~diGesU

Or, Zeee 6s 7000 100c, 2 for $152.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3844443403...7DD115&hash=item5982ab1869:g:wkwAAOSwgydkXKwq

These are just quick searches for example. There's plenty of "Ping-Pong" brands with similar, and likely even better pricing than the Zeee's I posted. I don't think there's much, if any difference in Ping-Pong amazon marketplace batteries myself. I just follow the deals and hope to get a flavor I like..

I'm not telling anyone what to use, if Gens is worth it to you, I'm cool with that. Happy bashing brother!! :)🍻

Back