What is your RC LiPo of choice in 2022

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which one of these two would you all pick, roughly same price but quite a bit difference in capacity;

CNHL
https://chinahobbyline.com/collecti...00mah-22-2v-6s-90c-lipo-battery-with-qs8-plug

SMC
https://www.smc-racing.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_119&product_id=687

I kno I said in a different thread about recommending CNHL lipos, I had 2 puff after sitting in storage charge, but I wanna give them another go. Sometimes you just get bad ☹️ packs.

You could also consider my Azure 6000mAh Bashing Series 6S for $100

2C03B156-4140-4E73-8A75-0A3AB0171284.png
8C34334A-C3D3-4281-90C3-D8220FF8946C.png
B82B2056-64C8-4C70-BE0D-BDFA8B7668CD.png

When is the expected release date for these? Looking forward to these since the great experience with the last Azure batteries

I’m about a week. I only ordered six 6S bashing batteries. Testing the waters with demand :)

The 6S racing series sold out :( already

Which one of these two would you all pick, roughly same price but quite a bit difference in capacity;

CNHL
https://chinahobbyline.com/collecti...00mah-22-2v-6s-90c-lipo-battery-with-qs8-plug

SMC
https://www.smc-racing.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_119&product_id=687

I kno I said in a different thread about recommending CNHL lipos, I had 2 puff after sitting in storage charge, but I wanna give them another go. Sometimes you just get bad ☹️ packs.
SMC ones are better, that's why they cost more for the lower capacity.
You could also consider my Azure 6000mAh Bashing Series 6S for $100

View attachment 296361View attachment 296362View attachment 296363

These are great too and also better than the linked cnhl.

Seems like onyx really eating smc lunch.

Seems like onyx really eating smc lunch.
SMC lost their SRD factory and had to rebuild that part of their delivery chain and that's not one of those things that you can just re-route in a week's time. I'm not trying to make light of one man's misfortune but it was fortuitous for ONYX as I think that was around the same time that they started picking up steam, making a name for themselves as the new player for high quality, high performance lipo packs. He's really broadened his range of lipos to include mid-grade and basher packs. In retrospect the high performance McCoy packs served him well to get noticed and to get the name out there and he's been working really hard to create a wide palette of different lipos for different needs and applications. From a FB post I saw it looks like he's working on entering the heli-chopper market sometime in the near future.

SMC lost their SRD factory and had to rebuild that part of their delivery chain and that's not one of those things that you can just re-route in a week's time. I'm not trying to make light of one man's misfortune but it was fortuitous for ONYX as I think that was around the same time that they started picking up steam, making a name for themselves as the new player for high quality, high performance lipo packs. He's really broadened his range of lipos to include mid-grade and basher packs. In retrospect the high performance McCoy packs served him well to get noticed and to get the name out there and he's been working really hard to create a wide palette of different lipos for different needs and applications. From a FB post I saw it looks like he's working on entering the heli-chopper market sometime in the near future.
Sounds great, I don't do "high end" stuff but if he's branching out that's great! Is there a site to buy these from yet? Last I knew was FB only? Shame, I just refuse to use anything related to..
Everytime I look at buying new batteries I'm repulsed by the pricing. Way it goes, I know, but damn!! Even the generic amazon batteries are nearly double what they were just a year ago!? We need to nip this EV nonsense straight away, they're infringing on my ability to play with my toys by hogging up the lithium!!😉😂😂🍻

Got 2 x DFX 4 HV a few months ago and they are very nice.
Here: dxf-hobby.store >> DXF High Voltage 4S 9200 mAh
I use it in my kids Mojave 6S and its running very nice and long:)
I'm running 2 x 3S = 6S GenAce hardcase lipo in my Mojave and broke a lot of things already.
My kids Mojave on 4S HV is still perfect except some damage from a crash and not from the power on the drivetrain:)
Already destroyed 2 diffs with 6S on my mojave.
Must say that we drive on beach sand with paddeltires which puts extra pressure on the drivetrain.
Now that I have adjusted the diff fluid the problems seem to stay away:)

DFX.jpg

My next purchase will be certainly: DFX 6S Graphene lipo 7000 mAh.
Although I hoped that they would bring a hard case to the market with these specs.>7000 mAh or 6000 mAh.
To keep the weight down.
Anything about the 800gram is too much for the Mojave I think.
I have already adjusted the rear suspension and that works well for the time being, fortunately.

I just got my first set of ZEEE batteries. Amazon had a special for the last PRIME day at $19ea so for a 3s 5200 80c battery I was obviously not going to pass up that opportunity (even if it turned out to be bad). Bought a 2nd this last weekend. Both batteries came heavily out of balance and took some time to balance up. The first half a dozen runs I generally go sort of easy on packs to help the cells break in and so far so good. I must say that these don't offer the internet claimed 'better performance' than the Spektrum batteries that I have been using, but the price difference is great. They seem to be on par with the Spek lipos.

I may grab a set of 4s 5200 packs for my 8S Outcast. Truthfully, I did not have high hopes for these because everyone I have talked to in person doesn't like ZEEE. When I ran my LHS, ZEEE was always the #1 battery we had problems with. Maybe I got lucky, only time will tell..

I just got my first set of ZEEE batteries. Amazon had a special for the last PRIME day at $19ea so for a 3s 5200 80c battery I was obviously not going to pass up that opportunity (even if it turned out to be bad). Bought a 2nd this last weekend. Both batteries came heavily out of balance and took some time to balance up. The first half a dozen runs I generally go sort of easy on packs to help the cells break in and so far so good. I must say that these don't offer the internet claimed 'better performance' than the Spektrum batteries that I have been using, but the price difference is great. They seem to be on par with the Spek lipos.

I may grab a set of 4s 5200 packs for my 8S Outcast. Truthfully, I did not have high hopes for these because everyone I have talked to in person doesn't like ZEEE. When I ran my LHS, ZEEE was always the #1 battery we had problems with. Maybe I got lucky, only time will tell..
That's a great price! Hope they hold up!

Back