What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made an aluminium mounting plate for twin 40mm fans for the Limitless. I wanted the KCRC plate as it looks well made but I wasn't willing to pay $120aud shipping on a $27 part.
1000006180.jpg

1000006178.jpg

I'm just waiting for the motor clamp/mount which was supposed to arrive today. It didn't.
1000006179.jpg

I made an aluminium mounting plate for twin 40mm fans for the Limitless. I wanted the KCRC plate as it looks well made but I wasn't willing to pay $120aud shipping on a $27 part.
View attachment 361046

View attachment 361044

I'm just waiting for the motor clamp/mount which was supposed to arrive today. It didn't.
View attachment 361045
you don’t really need the mounting plate you can mount them to the clamp I have three set up’s useing the power hobby mount

you don’t really need the mounting plate you can mount them to the clamp I have three set up’s useing the power hobby mount
I'm sure you're right. I just didn't like the idea of them hanging off 2 screws. For my peace of mind, I wanted the support. I tend to over-engineer stuff. Although it's only about 1.5mm thick plate.

Not working on a damned thing. Not today. Not yesterday, or the day before. Even before my knee replacement I hadn’t been to my hobby bench because I was taking care of projects I knew I wouldn’t be able to do while recovering from the surgery. I’m going a little nuts here…
I’m not supposed to attempt stairs yet until a PT assessment is done tomorrow and there are 13 of them separating me from my hobby. 🙄

Not working on a damned thing. Not today. Not yesterday, or the day before. Even before my knee replacement I hadn’t been to my hobby bench because I was taking care of projects I knew I wouldn’t be able to do while recovering from the surgery. I’m going a little nuts here…
I’m not supposed to attempt stairs yet until a PT assessment is done tomorrow and there are 13 of them separating me from my hobby. 🙄
How's the knees? Are you up and running?

How's the knees? Are you up and running?
I’m up and hobbling! 😂. Still pretty restricted range of motion. I’m actually looking forward to PT. Despite the pain it inflicts it really moves things along in regard to ability and mobility.

I’m up and hobbling! 😂. Still pretty restricted range of motion. I’m actually looking forward to PT. Despite the pain it inflicts it really moves things along in regard to ability and mobility.
Good luck man. I just started PT after ankle surgery and it helps so much with range of motion.

That's great you are walking(hobbling) already. I bet you're black and blue though?

Last edited:
Hang in there man. Those cars will be waiting for you. Make sure you're healed up properly first, then wrench away! 🍻

Hang in there dude! Pull a King Blitz and draw RC's!

Put my new Notorius body on with roll bar and rear trimmed for the Fireteam bumper. Also put Talion towers and shocks because I loved running the Trencher LPs yesterday and I was curious how it would handle with the Talion suspension geometry. :unsure: :cool:

View attachment 361047View attachment 361048
Sweet! So, how'd it drive? I like it with the FT rear bumper, looks good!

Hey buddy,
Hang in there!
Once you get through these pt's, you be tough as nails. 👍

Curious-
Are those knee joints spring loaded ,in some way? To give you a little extra pep in your step??

Hey buddy,
Hang in there!

Curious-
Are those knee joints spring loaded ,in some way? To give you a little extra pep in your step??
Like Inspector Gadget?
1000006184.gif

Hey buddy,
Hang in there!

Curious-
No, not spring loaded. It’s still up to me to keep that spring in my step. 😊

I had no idea you had knee replacement I had my right knee replaced so I know exactly how you feel 🙈

I had no idea you had knee replacement I had my right knee replaced so I know exactly how you feel 🙈
This is my second. The first was my left knee, and it was life changing. I’m sure this one will be as well, I’m just impatient with the recovery. It’ll be absolutely awesome in a year, and I’ll be skiing giant slalom again when I can. I miss skiing so much, and I haven’t been able to do it for a few years now.

Back