What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These appear to be knockoffs of the TLR Typhon DBoots Exabytes, which I also own a set of. They're a pretty hard compound, grip is meh, but they wear like iron! LOL:LOL:
I'm desperate for something that grips the clay in the Katar T size. I do have truggy race tires, but they don't play well with a heavy 6s rig like the Mojo, sidewalls cry and rip apart..
Spray ‘em down with some PB Blaster, toss ‘em in a big ziploc bag, and leave ‘em in the sun for a couple days. 😉

Then don't ever touch them again? That PB Blaster, some of the foulest smelling stuff ever, and doesn't wash out well either, LOL.
I mean-I guess you could throw your purse at ‘em, and see if that does anything..🤷🏻‍♂️😅

I kid, I kid.. I guess I’m just used to saucing tires, and being in blue collar, mechanical stuff all my life-I don’t mind being around man-perfume lol.. I just know I’ve had good results from it. Believe me-there are smells I’m not fond of myself; limited slip additive, ANY gear oil, Kroil penetrating lubricant, beanie-weenies, axe body spray, patchouli, the usual stuff.. 🤣🤣🤣

1715022313516.gif

I mean-I guess you could throw your purse at ‘em, and see if that does anything..🤷🏻‍♂️😅

I kid, I kid.. I guess I’m just used to saucing tires, and being in blue collar, mechanical stuff all my life-I don’t mind being around man-perfume lol.. I just know I’ve had good results from it. Believe me-there are smells I’m not fond of myself; limited slip additive, ANY gear oil, Kroil penetrating lubricant, beanie-weenies, axe body spray, patchouli, the usual stuff.. 🤣🤣🤣

View attachment 364857
no offense taken here brother. I can't stand that hippie sauce either, PB Blaster doesn't bother me, till the wifey won't let me touch here with my cologne on though. LOL. I work in a forklift shop so, all those manly smells are daily occurrences. I suppose I'd better glue up the tires/wheels before applying the pimp juice though?

no offense taken here brother. I can't stand that hippie sauce either, PB Blaster doesn't bother me, till the wifey won't let me touch here with my cologne on though. LOL. I work in a forklift shop so, all those manly smells are daily occurrences. I suppose I'd better glue up the tires/wheels before applying the pimp juice though?

I actually hadn’t thought of the smell test requirement in order to be cleared to ride certain rides…😅 That’s a damned good call my dude-Well played. 🤣🍻

I’ve actually done them glued, or unglued, but the less handling you’ve gotta do of them if “date night” is anywhere in your immediate itinerary, the better lol.. and fwiw-if the boss absolutely can’t stand Blaster-you can use liquid wrench in a can as well. Even Simple Green will soften them to a degree. You can give them a rinse with a mild dish soap after, and blow them dry with the compressor, or pat dry with a lint free cloth as well. Pretty much if it doesn’t stink-it’s not gonna do much to the tire unfortunately, although I swear to god I’ve been wanting to give bacon grease a whirl..🤷🏻‍♂️🤤

If you do glue them post-saucing; definitely wipe the bead/low sidewall area down with simple green, or rubbing alcohol anywhere you want your CA.

Good luck, and glad ya caught the unintentional cawk-blockin’ before it was too late! 😅

I actually hadn’t thought of the smell test requirement in order to be cleared to ride certain rides…😅 That’s a damned good call my dude-Well played. 🤣🍻

I’ve actually done them glued, or unglued, but the less handling you’ve gotta do of them if “date night” is anywhere in your immediate itinerary, the better lol.. and fwiw-if the boss absolutely can’t stand Blaster-you can use liquid wrench in a can as well. Even Simple Green will soften them to a degree. You can give them a rinse with a mild dish soap after, and blow them dry with the compressor, or pat dry with a lint free cloth as well. Pretty much if it doesn’t stink-it’s not gonna do much to the tire unfortunately, although I swear to god I’ve been wanting to give bacon grease a whirl..🤷🏻‍♂️🤤

If you do glue them post-saucing; definitely wipe the bead/low sidewall area down with simple green, or rubbing alcohol anywhere you want your CA.

Good luck, and glad ya caught the unintentional cawk-blockin’ before it was too late! 😅
Well we just had a date last night so, I'm probably free for the next couple.. I plan on separating the tires, wheels and foams straight away since these don't come glued. My usual process is an acetone bath for the tires, wipe the wheels real good, then assemble and glue. I'm quite sure these tires will be a hard compound just like the TLR Typhon stockers though.

Well we just had a date last night so, I'm probably free for the next couple.. I plan on separating the tires, wheels and foams straight away since these don't come glued. My usual process is an acetone bath for the tires, wipe the wheels real good, then assemble and glue. I'm quite sure these tires will be a hard compound just like the TLR Typhon stockers though.
I’m don’t do them religiously-just always buy the right compound for what I’m doing, but….. On occasion, they have mispackaged them, and I end up with what I swear to be fuggin’ PLASTIC tires.. Depends on the scenario if I deem it worth fighting over, and sending back, and I’m a lot easier going than I was years ago. Just a few weeks ago, I had ordered some VP-Pro tires for the smokin deal of $9 for front, and rear with closed cell foams, and in Medium-Soft compound. When I got ‘em, they were like a 14yr old’s wiener.. even the SIDEWALLS were stiff af.. they’re a good rubber, and excellent tread pattern, and I’d feel like king-douche bitching over a $9 set of tires, so Blaster it is..😅🤷🏻‍♂️

I invested in my future today. Bought this new battery tender for boat and quad cuz if they won't start out in middle of nowhere with gf, I'm not going to have a future.

View attachment 364890
I did the same for my old Landcruiser. Starts every time now. I'm using the Ctek. I think it's the MXS 7.0.

AliExpress $35 Hobbywing 10bl120 cross my fingers it comes!
It'll take forever to arrive but it will. Tracking can be lacking too. I've only had a couple of things not arrive but I got a full refund with ease.

I did the same for my old Landcruiser. Starts every time now. I'm using the Ctek. I think it's the MXS 7.0.
Ctek here as well for the summer car. I tried a cheap one first and it killed my battery.

The Tekno is on the truck out for delivery!!!! A day early too!!! Servo Thursday and esc combo Friday!!!!
I can't lie, I'm jealous!! Congrats brother, ur in for a treat! Love the Tekno's, and the build! It's torture and fun altogether.. I love putting them together, but anxious to run it at the same time!! LOL 😁😬🙃😜🍻👍

It'll take forever to arrive but it will. Tracking can be lacking too. I've only had a couple of things not arrive but I got a full refund with ease.

My last order didn't make it(got stuck in customs), just double up with 2nd order for another 10bl120 for $38. My last JennyRC order actually took longer than AliExpress lol. Also didn't order fake sunglasses this time so odds are ever in my favor.

My last order didn't make it(got stuck in customs), just double up with 2nd order for another 10bl120 for $38. My last JennyRC order actually took longer than AliExpress lol. Also didn't order fake sunglasses this time so odds are ever in my favor.
I have a JennysRC order of 6s cvd/axles which haven't arrived. I contacted Jenny's and they said to contact my local postal service which I did but they had no record of it. So contacted Jenny’s again and they send me another set of axles.

Jenny’s RC has great customer service.

Wish I could say the same for Power Hobby. I'm boycotting them.

Back