What a great car this has been!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude, that’s fantastic. Back when I was commuting 150 miles a day (plus a whole lot of extra miles joining jobs that I wasn’t running) I bought a brand new Hyundai Accent off the lot because it was the cheapest car I could find with great fuel economy. It was a total stripper, with roll-up windows, manual seats, no door clicker, cloth seats, yada, yada, yada. I gave it to my daughter two and half years later with 236,000 miles on the clock and not a single repair. I only put tires on it and did a single brake job. Crazy!
236k miles in 2 1/2 years!!? What you do for living? Uber cross country?

My BiL got a 2017 golf r with the apr stage 3 (?) tune on it for my sister shortly after they got married. Fastest car I've ever driven, I went 112 in it which is my pb right now, not much but I was running out of room. I will beat that record some day with this:
PXL_20240201_045154133_exported_1146_1707262368381.jpg

5.0 5 speed, TMU.

236k miles in 2 1/2 years!!? What you do for living? Uber cross country?
Yeah, it was pretty ridiculous. I was a site supervisor in the asbestos field and worked all over New England. 3:30 wake up every morning (unless it had to be earlier) and leave Vermont, cross the entire state of Massachusetts to the CT border and start my day at 6:00. Then drive to who knows where (VT, NH, MA, CT, NY, the states I was licensed in) and then reverse it all to get back home. My cars were consumables. The least mileage I ever did in a single year was around 60k, iirc. And that was normally me taking a company vehicle after I got to the shop in the morning, but if I was on a long term job I’d set up shop there and take my personal car back and forth to it. Lots of mileage on both the cars and on me, man. I did that for over 15 years before my wife said, “yo, you’ve made enough money, you’ve got to stop before you’re dead.” I went in the next day and gave my notice! 😂 I never would have done that on my own, but once I had her blessing I couldn’t get out of there fast enough! When the owner of the company found out he met me at the shop a few days later and offered me a huge raise and a $25k cash bonus to finish out the summer. I happily declined. I can’t remember if I ever told my wife that part…🤔

Yeah, it was pretty ridiculous. I was a site supervisor in the asbestos field and worked all over New England. 3:30 wake up every morning (unless it had to be earlier) and leave Vermont, cross the entire state of Massachusetts to the CT border and start my day at 6:00. Then drive to who knows where (VT, NH, MA, CT, NY, the states I was licensed in) and then reverse it all to get back home. My cars were consumables. The least mileage I ever did in a single year was around 60k, iirc. And that was normally me taking a company vehicle after I got to the shop in the morning, but if I was on a long term job I’d set up shop there and take my personal car back and forth to it. Lots of mileage on both the cars and on me, man. I did that for over 15 years before my wife said, “yo, you’ve made enough money, you’ve got to stop before you’re dead.” I went in the next day and gave my notice! 😂 I never would have done that on my own, but once I had her blessing I couldn’t get out of there fast enough! When the owner of the company found out he met me at the shop a few days later and offered me a huge raise and a $25k cash bonus to finish out the summer. I happily declined. I can’t remember if I ever told my wife that part…🤔
Wow Dan! 25k to finish summer!!!?? You must have really had it with that place!

Wow Dan! 25k to finish summer!!!?? You must have really had it with that place!
It was a good company to work for, and they compensated the supers well, including bonuses. I had mainly had it with the lack of sleep and three hours round trip commuting every day.

Back