What a great car this has been!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan B.

Area man
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Mojave EXB
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Typhon 6s
I grabbed the keys to wifeys 2016 Mercedes for an errand and noticed when I started it up that it was sitting on exactly 50K miles. We got it as a CPO just before Covid hit with low mileage, and it was in essentially showroom condition. It still is, too. It’s been great, never given us a problem, and is way better in snow and ice than our 4WD Bronco. For less than the price of a new Hyundai, it seemed like a no brainer. Couldn’t be happier with this car.
IMG_6663.jpeg

I grabbed the keys to wifeys 2016 Mercedes for an errand and noticed when I started it up that it was sitting on exactly 50K miles. We got it as a CPO just before Covid hit with low mileage, and it was in essentially showroom condition. It still is, too. It’s been great, never given us a problem, and is way better in snow and ice than our 4WD Bronco. For less than the price of a new Hyundai, it seemed like a no brainer. Couldn’t be happier with this car.
View attachment 359254

It should give y'all another 10,000-18,000 of good miles..
Then the German Gremlins will start to come out..
Window regulatorS, Cooling system, Wheel/axle bearings, Vacuum leaks etc etc

I'd suggest to start a Parts Replacement/Repair Fund NOW.. or
Plan to sell vehicle Before the gremlins pop up..

View attachment 359254
Should do another 50k without braking a sweat.

It should give y'all another 10,000-18,000 of good miles..
Then the German Gremlins will start to come out..
Window regulatorS, Cooling system, Wheel/axle bearings, Vacuum leaks etc etc

I'd suggest to start a Parts Replacement/Repair Fund NOW.. or
Plan to sell vehicle Before the gremlins pop up..
This is her second C Class, and the first was exceptional as well. I sold it when car prices ballooned during Covid. That car was also still in basically perfect condition, and we never had any issues with it. I hated to sell it, I basically inherited it from her when she got the one mentioned above. I just couldn’t turn down the sale price we got for it, and it was hard to justify having 5 cars for just the two of us. 😂. We’re down to two vehicles now (not counting the bikes) and our yard is much happier. I think German cars get a bad rap. These days they’re pretty bulletproof.
Should do another 50k without braking a sweat.
Agreed, and probably much more than that.

Good to hear Dan!!!

I feel the same way about my 2014 Lexus IS 350. I got it used at 32k in 2017. It has 160k now. I never owned a Toyota, and this car has NOT had one issue. Yes, I do the services it requires, but compared to my American cars... trouble-free Lexus!!

I understand the joy you feel, Sir!

Good to hear Dan!!!

I feel the same way about my 2014 Lexus IS 350. I got it used at 32k in 2017. It has 160k now. I never owned a Toyota, and this car has NOT had one issue. Yes, I do the services it requires, but compared to my American cars... trouble-free Lexus!!

I understand the joy you feel, Sir!
I’ve heard nothing but the best praises for Lexus. They’re beautiful, too!

Okay.
I suppose I should clarify what I meant in post#2 >>
that if the vehicle is Not well maintained and never follows the manufacturer's Recommended Scheduled Servicing intervals..
Then Expect the German Gremlins to come screaming at you. 😉

View attachment 359254
Nice car ..but I would not want your mechanic bill when the time comes ..worked in many body shop/ dealerships and Those cars are high maintenance.yes they are nice but for a person with deep pockets.i wish you both good luck .👍

I have a 2011 BMW 328xi that I bought last summer. Lots of people said that it would be nothing but a headache, but 15k miles, 3 oil changes, coolant flush coolant flange(preventative) is all I I’ve done, other than a few mods!
SOME German cars are amazing. Most people remember the horror stories only. If you want to drive a car and treat it like dirt, buy an old Toyota or Honda.

2004 liberty...231k miles. Purchased with 4k miles on it. Never left me stranded yet. Thinking of trailering my quad to West Virginia this fall from Florida to ride Hatfield &McCoy trail system. Pulls quad and boat like nothing. Am I pressing my luck?

I have a 2011 BMW 328xi that I bought last summer. Lots of people said that it would be nothing but a headache, but 15k miles, 3 oil changes, coolant flush coolant flange(preventative) is all I I’ve done, other than a few mods!
SOME German cars are amazing. Most people remember the horror stories only. If you want to drive a car and treat it like dirt, buy an old Toyota or Honda.

When all systems are still functional as expected
(within their designed "service life")..
Yes, they are fantastic machines!

And for most people who would Never think of having to replace the Entire Cooling System UNTIL there's something major problem.. is just inconceivable to have to spend $$$ to do -as a schedules service/maintenance.

But that's what BMW engineers have done.. They designed and manufactured their performance parts to have Such a tiny margin to failure that most regular folks can't believe / grasp how a car can perform so well.. could have their motor suddenly & completely fail from a small coolant leak.
But that's exactly what happens when BMW owners don't take serious care of the cooling system. Their engines will overheat in a matter of minutes ,once their expansion tanks explode or a coolant pump shatters..

I don't have a wife. Never will! Wanna know what I drive? A 2008 Chevy HHR with a busted subframe. Rusted. Buckled inward when trying to jack it up to change it out from snow tires. Not very safe, but it's what I got. Otherwise, it only has around 44,000 miles. But I got the better 2.4 engine and a sunroof! 👍🏻😅

I see guys here with fancy side by sides and enclosed trailers to make their own mini shops with air conditioning. What??? 🤯

‘04 Honda CR-V with 236k miles. Original engine and tranny. EVERYTHING on it works, I mean everything. It’s like one of those 80’s Casio watches.

Paint is burned through and the headlights are scratched to hell, but it still runs great. My son is learning on it now, perfect kids car.

When all systems are still functional as expected
(within their designed "service life")..
Yes, they are fantastic machines!

And for most people who would Never think of having to replace the Entire Cooling System UNTIL there's something major problem.. is just inconceivable to have to spend $$$ to do -as a schedules service/maintenance.

But that's what BMW engineers have done.. They designed and manufactured their performance parts to have Such a tiny margin to failure that most regular folks can't believe / grasp how a car can perform so well.. could have their motor suddenly & completely fail from a small coolant leak.
But that's exactly what happens when BMW owners don't take serious care of the cooling system. Their engines will overheat in a matter of minutes ,once their expansion tanks explode or a coolant pump shatters..
That is definitely more of an N54/N55 problem then a N52, but yes, if you don’t pay attention it will eventually break.

‘04 Honda CR-V with 236k miles. Original engine and tranny. EVERYTHING on it works, I mean everything. It’s like one of those 80’s Casio watches.

Paint is burned through and the headlights are scratched to hell, but it still runs great. My son is learning on it now, perfect kids car.
Dude, that’s fantastic. Back when I was commuting 150 miles a day (plus a whole lot of extra miles joining jobs that I wasn’t running) I bought a brand new Hyundai Accent off the lot because it was the cheapest car I could find with great fuel economy. It was a total stripper, with roll-up windows, manual seats, no door clicker, cloth seats, yada, yada, yada. I gave it to my daughter two and half years later with 236,000 miles on the clock and not a single repair. I only put tires on it and did a single brake job. Crazy!

I wouldn't treat a old Honda or Toyota like dirt ..if it's in great shape they carry their value alot higher than most brands .besides we can allways turn them legends into drifters😁👍

My mother has a 2019 Volkswagen Golf R. Wolfsburg edition. Made there. Almost 5,000 miles on it is all. Still like new, of course. I've driven it a few times. My dad's been harassed multiple times by shady people trying to intimidate him into selling it. "Hey old man, I want that car." Acting like they can bug him into handing them the keys. No dice. They've actually gotten angry, saying people his age have no business having one and that the car is being wasted. One acted like he was gonna mug him and steal it. He may be 71 yrs old, but still has plenty of muscle, is armed and knows how to fight. Reminds me of John Wick and the Mustang. They do not know who they mess with.

Last edited:
My mother has a 2019 Volkswagen Golf R. Wolfsburg edition. Made there. Almost 5,000 miles on it is all. Still like new, of course. I've driven it a few times. My dad's been harassed multiple times by shady people trying to intimidate him into selling it. "Hey old man, I want that car." Acting like they can bug him into handing them the keys. No dice. They've actually gotten angry, saying people his age have no business having one and that the car is being wasted. One acted like he was gonna mug him and steal it. He may be 71 yrs old, but still has plenty of muscle, is armed and knows how to fight. Reminds me of John Wick and the Mustang. They do not know who they mess with.
My neighbor has a 24 Golf R! Super fun cars

Back