Felony Well !! That escalated Quickly!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That honestly made a world of difference!!!
It just rolled smoke off the tires and went where I pointed it for the most part !!!
I’m running on asphalt but I’m limited to just two lanes (basic road) I’m not in a big parking lot !
There is also a culdisack(?sp) across from where I stand I can run it onto and then back toward me with the wood laid to it and drift (controllably) back into the street on the throttle and stay in it until I feel it’s far enuf away !!!!
the smoke just streaming off the tires ,( it wasn’t smokin the tires like that before!! )
I like to smoke tires !!!! 😁
It’s entertaining to me to see the reaction of different people as they walk by on sidewalk or drive by
Some , kinda stick their nose up and prolly say look at that grown ass man playing with a toy car 🚗 !!!
But there has been a whole bunch of people stop and positively comment on how fast or omg that’s so friggin cool !!!!
One thing I’m curious about are the lil side skirts with the kinda self adhesive stuff
I mean it looks good and serves it’s purpose but is there a different way to attach them ?
I may have slid into the snow (ice) on the edge of the road and the skirt takes the impact but it always knocks it out of position and it’s not easy to put back on without taking the body off !!
Even a medium side impact can knock it loose and start rubbing the back tire or whatever!!!
I know I know
don’t bump into stuff !!!
lol
I just didn’t know if anyone was doing anything different with the side skirts ?
I appreciate everyone’s comments and help
Definitely entertained with my Felony !!!!

Don't forget that traction and handling will also vary with seasonal temperature, humidity etc. So adjustments may be necessary to accommodate these variations.

Good point Sir...the issues I calling out seemed bearable in the summer and exploded in the winter. I have decided to make the Felony a spring/summer RC be heavier usage with it and Infraction at play all year long...

Good call out!

That honestly made a world of difference!!!
It just rolled smoke off the tires and went where I pointed it for the most part !!!
I’m running on asphalt but I’m limited to just two lanes (basic road) I’m not in a big parking lot !
There is also a culdisack(?sp) across from where I stand I can run it onto and then back toward me with the wood laid to it and drift (controllably) back into the street on the throttle and stay in it until I feel it’s far enuf away !!!!
the smoke just streaming off the tires ,( it wasn’t smokin the tires like that before!! )
I like to smoke tires !!!! 😁
It’s entertaining to me to see the reaction of different people as they walk by on sidewalk or drive by
Some , kinda stick their nose up and prolly say look at that grown ass man playing with a toy car 🚗 !!!
But there has been a whole bunch of people stop and positively comment on how fast or omg that’s so friggin cool !!!!
One thing I’m curious about are the lil side skirts with the kinda self adhesive stuff
I mean it looks good and serves it’s purpose but is there a different way to attach them ?
I may have slid into the snow (ice) on the edge of the road and the skirt takes the impact but it always knocks it out of position and it’s not easy to put back on without taking the body off !!
Even a medium side impact can knock it loose and start rubbing the back tire or whatever!!!
I know I know
don’t bump into stuff !!!
lol
I just didn’t know if anyone was doing anything different with the side skirts ?
I appreciate everyone’s comments and help
Definitely entertained with my Felony !!!!

Oh...side skirts. Before I ever drove my Felony those looked a little weak to me and I made them stronger with drywall tape and E6000 or shoe goo. They are stronger now and will not come off....they are firm now.

In addition, the correct way to place the body is with the body on top of the chassis and the side skirts have slots they fit into to secure it from moving. If you place it correctly, they should not move if there is no major crash. Personally, I don't like the look of all the fender gap so I purposely place my sides "under" the chassis which is not the correct way before for me with lower body post, etc works for me. I like a low to the tire look/stance on all my RC on-road RCs so just me. With the side reinforced not an issue for me never had a problem even if I kissed the curb a bit (which is rare to few fingers)

I also use aluminum tape in the fender wells under the body that keep the tires from burning through to the paint which will show on the outer body when the chassis compresses over a hill or in my case jump over the rise on the sewer caps in the street.

IMG_20200829_200527.jpg

Thank you parcou
I’ve just been recently introduced to “shoe goo”and I’m unsure how I’ve lived without out it for all these years !!!!
I’ve only used it once or twice now and it isn’t pretty but it is crazy strong !!!!
I picked up a tube of it when my youngest slammed his brand new AMP crush truck into a stop sign !!!
poor lil guy cried like crazy !!!!
He’s 5 and was tore up about it !!
I didn’t know how to use the stuff so I cut some strips of plastic left over from some packaging from something else I had ordered (AKA trash) and tried to mimic the shape of the front corner of his truck ...
Then smeared shoe goo all over the plastic strips and I can’t believe how strong it is !!!!
I’m glad you mentioned it I’ll definitely shoe goo those skirts on the felony !!!!
Here’s a pic of the lil mans AMP and yes he “stole” dads “supercharger” off the Felony !!!! Lol
Like I said it’s not pretty but it’s not going to break in that front section on the next crash !!!!!!!
appreciate your response!!

25EB73B1-E818-4C05-A4BE-8DF56BFD7859.jpeg
E97E85AE-1FB7-4B1F-A67D-1A8F9BA4FA4C.jpeg

@parcou good point, put some tape inside the fender wells or the paint will rub through.
Do some strategic shoegoo on the Felony body, no need to do all of it. Front, around body posts and potential impact points, plus sides to stiffen them up.
Might be overkill but these bodies go for ~ $140 and a little insurance goes a long way.

Been reading a lot about the diff differences between the Felony and infraction!
I initially wanted the Infraction but the LHS was sold out so I impulse bought the Felony !!!
I stilll like it don’t get me wrong !
But hearing how much “better” the Infraction is than the felony makes me of course want to make the felony drive more like I have read the infraction actually drives and handles !
I’m fairly certain I’ll get an infraction sometime in the future , but until then being the gear head I am there has to be a way to mimick the two !
I mean they are the same vehicle right ?
Yes the front diff is one ratio “taller” than the rear in the felony because of the wider rear tires (I think) ... but are they really that wide in comparison????
comparison to the size of the motor the weight of the car ? (If that makes sense )
I mean the motor should have plenty of power to successfully pull (especially with taller gear In Front ) the front end in the direction your throttling it ??
I mean the rear tires aren’t that big !
are they ?
I’m considering purchasing the same HP? front diff complete and swapping it out to the rear !
Just random thoughts here !!!
I’ve read most of the threads about diff swaps and such regarding the Infraction/felony but I’m new here still and might not (don’t) understand it all the lingo !
I have yet to find a “this is what you do to make the felony do the “infraction “ thread !!!
Maybe I’ve missed it in the search ?
any input would be great !

Upgrades: Nothing really. This is almost as good as it gets out of the box. The servo maybe. I'm still on stock servo in my Infraction.
Make sure your droop screws are dialed in, a little off and it gets out of control fast.
Diff fluids, stock is ok but some go thicker in the rear 30k/50k/200k (f/r/m) is a good choice for the infraction. Felony might be a little different.
Yeah it seems the bigger rear Fel 53/107's and the wider rear track along with the rear diff ratio is what makes the Fel drive different or erratic/ hard control as some describe it. Weight bias is also very different on the Fel. FWIW. Stock ADS15 (12kg at 6v BEC/15kg at 7.2v) servo is still in my Infr. Fine enough. Just the servo gears are getting sloppy, but the Pot. still keeps it fairly centered. It's only an analog servo btw. I don't see how AVC really works well enough with it. 🤷‍♂️ A 20KG servo digital would be ok as an upgrade if needed IMO.

AVC will burn out most analog servos due to the high rate of updates but the stock one seems oblivious 🤣
I did turn AVC off though, much better control. Helpful in the beginning but annoying after a while.

Don't try to make it an Infraction, embrace the Felon(y). Very tempted myself to get a new set of tires with a Felony attached.

I fried (smoked, burned) 2 ADS15's (take off's out the box from my Off road rigs) I was Running AVC/DX5C in my Lim with it. (HW ESC) One fried at 7.2vBEC and AVC and the other at 6v BEC/AVC.
But AVC is just not best when looking for 70+ MPH runs. I no longer use AVC in my Lim. The Infr I still use AVC/DX2E and this servo (6v BEC) and it still works. Gets super hot though. But keeps going. I don't know why HH/Arrma insisted on matching this analog servo with AVC. AVC instructions clearly state analog is not good. Overheating results. Analog cant keep up with AVC. This is fundamental knowledge with RC.

This has probably been asked before !!!
but has anyone tried to run their felony with factory gearing , with the 42/100-2.9 (front tire size) tires mounted all the way around ?
Would it make the rear end come around more with (less traction I guess) at the rear due to the smaller width tire ?

Cant do it. Drives incorrectly. Just not correct. Over/Under driving front / rear. Drive like crap.
Need to drop in a GP5 diff input gear and ring gear to the rear. Then it would be an Infr. for all practical purposes. Body would look funny with smaller zero offset wheels back there and tucked under the body. IDK 🤷‍♂️
Gp5 gears are in the front and GP6 gears are in the rear stock. Different gear ratios. The 53/107 rear tires taller size( longer rollout) were given a different rear drive ratio. I am sure many have tried doing it not thinking it well enough about the consequences. The larger Hoons were hard to source for a while.

I think I may try a GP5 diff input gear and ring gear in the rear of the felony keeping the stock 53/107 tires just to see what it’s like ??
Appreciate your input !

Think about it, your front wheels will spin at a different rate with respect to the larger rear wheels. You will have no traction as neither front nor rear can get grip at the same time. All you will do is burn up tires while noodling all over the place.
B Boy Ice GIF

Cant do it. Drives incorrectly. Just not correct. Over/Under driving front / rear. Drive like crap.
Need to drop in a GP5 diff input gear and ring gear to the rear. Then it would be an Infr. for all practical purposes.
So this ?
This GP5 complete diff !!
F5AC54AB-2826-44CD-B4F6-DD4D167E690F.jpeg

Yes, that's the one. Infraction has 2 of them. You need to switch out the rear tires as discussed above to make it work.
For bashing, I'm having good luck with GRP's S7 above ~40F on asphalt. They warm up within 30s. I've tried S4, S5 as well but no noticeable difference after the magic 30s.
Equal or better than dBoots and definitely last longer.

Rite on
I go thru withdrawals if I don’t buy something every week 😁😁😁😁
I already need new tires for the Felony !
can’t remember where I’m at with the Typhon ,(think there are still parts on the way !
but there’s 2ft of snow on the ground at the moment and I need something to wrench on !!!!
By the time I’m done buying tires and batteries and diffs I could have just bought an Infraction! !!!!
Dam Arrma enablers!!!!

Buy a Kraton and start jumping and you will have plenty of opportunity to wrench :ROFLMAO:
Get a Talion if you want to drive, jump and have fun, less wrenching in my experience.
I'm off to by next pre-wrench session! I'm sure I'll have some for the 'what did you break today' thread soon ;)

Yes, that's the one. Infraction has 2 of them. You need to switch out the rear tires as discussed above to make it work.
For bashing, I'm having good luck with GRP's S7 above ~40F on asphalt. They warm up within 30s. I've tried S4, S5 as well but no noticeable difference after the magic 30s.
Equal or better than dBoots and definitely last longer.

I am trying the S4 now....it's in the 40s here does get a little cooler at times at freezing. My goal was to pick S4 or S5 for winter. I got the S4 and they did fine bashing. I purchased a set of S5 to bash them next to compare....either going to be one or the other for winter S4 or S5, not both but I have a feeling S5 might be it. I did get the S7 for the summer.

I see now I should have got the hard rim because the S rims rub the rear hubs at the top. I did sand the hubs down a bit but the S hard rim would be more like the Hoon I assume and not flex as much.

Good catch, yes the rims rub on the hubs but mine are worn down by now. I only use the hard rims nowadays and it's less of an issue.
Pick the compund based on your drivestyle and surface, lots of variables and yo can't go wrong with any of them.

Got these in the mail the other day !
Straight from the China !
I ordered them to put on the typhon prior to my felony purchase so I could run the typhon on the road !
I’m torn !
I know they won’t last but probably 2 throttle gags on the Felony but the inner Burgandy in me is telling me to put them on the felony !
I’ll try to refrain from installing them on the felony (for now) 😁
However that brings me to a tire question!
How much tire do I have left on the hoons once the dots are no longer visible?
Are they done ? ?
Should I not run hoons once the dots are gone to keep from having a blowout and damaging the body or worse causing a crash ?
D7BAB6E7-7B52-4109-A0AE-42B42E7728E2.jpeg

Back