Limitless Alternate front end options that are more bump friendly?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaladeth

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Limitless
Fun practice weekend, but with the long gap between practice runs and the new track layout - I ended up crashing both cars a few times!

The slightly worn tires didn’t help either :).

The new GT body with the front foam survived the crashes better (thanks @Dan B. for suggesting this!), but the stock Limitless fared worse.

Snap shot of the carnage:

IMG_0935.jpeg

Lost all large head screws twice 😬 when the front splitter got ripped away.

The splitter mount needs to be replaced too since the mount holes for the splitter are all torn up:

IMG_0936.jpeg

The parts also tend to explode all over the track (e.g. nose, front wing pieces, screws, etc.).

Still hoping to improve driving skill and avoid most crashes, but any ideas on how to make the front end more crash proof? 🧐

Fun practice weekend, but with the long gap between practice runs and the new track layout - I ended up crashing both cars a few times!

The new GT body with the front foam survived the crashes better (thanks @Dan B. for suggesting this!), but the stock Limitless fared worse.

View attachment 361112

The splitter mount needs to be replaced too since the mount holes for the splitter are all torn up:

View attachment 361113

The parts also tend to explode all over the track (e.g. nose, front wing pieces, screws, etc.).

Still hoping to improve driving skill and avoid most crashes, but any ideas on how to make the front end more crash proof? 🧐
Bummer. I’ve seen front aluminum splitter mounts and splitters, but then I guess you’d just be ripping the screws out on the bumper support, and that would be no bueno.
Maybe just bigger (4mm) screws with washers to increase the surface area on the top? I don’t know, but I’ll bet somebody else has encountered this and conquered the issue. I’m curious, and subbed for suggestions.

View attachment 361112

View attachment 361113

Needs the main piece to be a modified TPU-based front splitter that's made thick(er) to act like a shock absorber..
And, where it will allow you to use hardier M3 (or bigger M4s) bolts and nyloc nuts -to prevent pull-thrus.

Plus, those side Winglets need to be make with TPU also with possible PETG re-enforcement plates -to act as sacrificial skids to take those frontal side curb rashes..

IMG_0961.jpeg

IMG_0962.jpeg

Trying out the bolt and nut option. After one round of qualifying, it is holding up well!

Splitter still gets deformed but stays on and allowed me to complete the round. 👍

Back