Grom Typhon Grom fan not working

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D00D

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
We LOVE our new Typhon Grom. Thinking of buying a few more for all the neighborhood boys (and dads) to race in the evenings.
I just noticed that it has a motor fan and it's not running. Even the chasis is getting too hot to touch! Any idea why it wouldnt be working? Something I can do? I unplugged/plugged the fan.

Thanks @Lukalkan! I did that after posting here.

I was hoping to possibly learn how to test the fan. Any insight? I used a multi-meter to test for continuity. I put the leads on the fans' positive and negative connector but came back with no reading. I did the same continuity test on the servo and motor with same results - no reading. Am I doing something wrong? Is there something I should differently for these small DC systems?

I was hoping to possibly learn how to test the fan. Any insight? I used a multi-meter to test for continuity. I put the leads on the fans' positive and negative connector but came back with no reading. I did the same continuity test on the servo and motor with same results - no reading. Am I doing something wrong? Is there something I should differently for these small DC systems?

Use a 9V battery and test the fan with it.
That should quickly give you a result of the fan is working or not.

If it came back with nothing when you tested for continuity that would indicate an open loop/problem. You could be testing on the wrong points but you can also test this stuff by applying voltage to the part in question using a power supply if you have one or small battery and use some juice that way. Also be sure your plug isn’t in backwards to your rx

Arrma sent me a new fan + mount. They also included two new V2 differentials! They didnt say why but I assume its because they've been getting lots of complaints.

Back