Typhon grom batterys recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deceased

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hello everyone I just recent got my new typhon grom in and man it's so fun to mess around with. unfortunately the battery size is just not enough I need more juice!! does anyone has any recommendation on what type of lipos to get? I currently have the stock ESC but will eventually upgrade to the CC 1010 combo... TIA
IMG_6596.jpeg

I chopped the connector off and put on XT60 and I run either 2200mah G+ CNHL or 1500 or 1300 CNHL Black. It added way more punch on stock motor to the point that it flips on its back on high traction surfaces. I used the old ESC connector for a converter plug for the original pack as well.

I also added leads to power the Flash Hobby CLS1227RP servo and Rocket motor fan directly from the battery instead of receiver, but that's another story.

I chopped the connector off and put on XT60 and I run either 2200mah G+ CNHL or 1500 or 1300 CNHL Black. It added way more punch on stock motor to the point that it flips on its back on high traction surfaces. I used the old ESC connector for a converter plug for the original pack as well.

I also added leads to power the Flash Hobby CLS1227RP servo and Rocket motor fan directly from the battery instead of receiver, but that's another story.
How the heck did u add leads to power the motor fan? Do you mind posting a picture?

How the heck did u add leads to power the motor fan? Do you mind posting a picture?
1712807111358.png

It's real messy, on the ESC side of battery connector I have two extra positives and two extra negatives on top of the esc wires, the first red and black go to a receiver plug extender to plug fan into directly, and the second red goes to a receiver extender for the servo to plug into, and the black goes to both the receiver and the servo, and the white wire from the servo extender goes directly to the receiver. Here's a really crude diagram I drew up to keep it straight in my head. :p

1712807306279.png

View attachment 360191

It's real messy, on the ESC side of battery connector I have two extra positives and two extra negatives on top of the esc wires, the first red and black go to a receiver plug extender to plug fan into directly, and the second red goes to a receiver extender for the servo to plug into, and the black goes to both the receiver and the servo, and the white wire from the servo extender goes directly to the receiver. Here's a really crude diagram I drew up to keep it straight in my head. :p

View attachment 360192
I will just stick to the receiver 😭

Back