Traxxas slash clone/ Remo Hobby 1021

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketzx1

Very Active Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Nero
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Infraction 4x4
Hey guys. Have any of you seen this blatant rip-off of the Traxxas slash 4x4? The chassis is the same design, bulkheads, everything. There are a few on eBay for around 150, it’s brushed but poop. How the hell can they make such a blatant rip off??

I looked at it on YouTube and people said that Traxxas parts bolt right on, no mods required. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• 65C81CDD-7FF7-4F66-9680-4C720055F3C5.png
    65C81CDD-7FF7-4F66-9680-4C720055F3C5.png
    597.4 KB · Views: 573
  • AB4FF0A2-056F-44FC-B283-0C6126C39C94.png
    AB4FF0A2-056F-44FC-B283-0C6126C39C94.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 296
  • 8EB63B47-4F21-4771-B3E2-8DF6AFCCACA7.png
    8EB63B47-4F21-4771-B3E2-8DF6AFCCACA7.png
    442.5 KB · Views: 276
Hey guys. Have any of you seen this blatant rip-off of the Traxxas slash 4x4? The chassis is the same design, bulkheads, everything. There are a few on eBay for around 150, it’s brushed but poop. How the hell can they make such a blatant rip off??

I looked at it on YouTube and people said that Traxxas parts bolt right on, no mods required. What do you guys think?
They are made in China US copyright means absolutely nothing in China.
They also make a buggy, truggy, rally car and monster truck based off the same platform. The brushless SCT is $289 US shipped direct from Remo Hobby.

Hey i recognise those driveshafts!!! I saw it on a video and the car was doing well until a droveshfat flew up and the guy was laughing and when he grabbed it it was red like this i though it was a slash

I just noticed their manual has a SAXXART EDEPMATS LXV on it lol
View attachment 52826

Oh man that’s actually pretty dang funny.

I just thought that such a blatant rip-off would get shut down, but I guess china doesn’t want to play nice.

So if I did purchase one, would I get in trouble for owning it? Or just with a YouTube review ?

99% of Remo's stuff is blatant rip-offs of Traxxas. Look at the Evo-R, or the Mmax, or the Smax, or the Rally Master. I don't know a lot about Traxxas, but i see it on other forums, and not even the Traxxas forum, quite a bit.

99% of Remo's stuff is blatant rip-offs of Traxxas. Look at the Evo-R, or the Mmax, or the Smax, or the Rally Master. I don't know a lot about Traxxas, but i see it on other forums, and not even the Traxxas forum, quite a bit.
They are all basically a Slash 4x4 with different bumpers, tires and body.

They are all basically a Slash 4x4 with different bumpers, tires and body.
I thought the Smax from Remo was 1/16 though. I don't know, i saw a couple videos, found a couple forums about them, saw that parts werent easily available here, and quickly moved on.

I have the HuanQi 727 slash copy, not a copy, a clone, the mold aren't geniune though. Yes, parts are 100% compatible. Me too i don't care of TRX in my country, i did some videos on it and put that it is a TRX copy in the description. I even talk about it on a US forum, my review is still there.

I had feedbacks from Remo Hobby users and they said the plastic qualitiy isn't as good as the Huanqi one. The HuanQi has the same plastic quality than a TRX. The HuanQi has alos the same design flaw than the original TRX.
I thought the Smax from Remo was 1/16 though.

Yes, the Smax is a 1/16, only the body and the name are close from TRX, the chassis has a basic layout we can find on many other cars. It is a tough little truck (@Jerry-rigged own one and did a brushless conversion ). TRX was crazy to harass the Rc Sailer about this car and only because of the comparison they did with the Xmaxx in the video's title, funny TRX lawers.

Last edited:
Good to know that I’m not the only one who’s seen the Remo hobby slash clone! I just thought it was interesting. If one is available on eBay come next week, I may end up getting one just to see how it matches up!

Western intellectual or design property is a free for all right now as it's always been. Hopefully we'll keep trying to curb the theft. I didn't realize it until I saw the quadcopter frame ripoffs when I started trying to get into RC and I'm only familiar with it through this hobby. I'm sure it's rampant everywhere.

Western intellectual or design property is a free for all right now as it's always been. Hopefully we'll keep trying to curb the theft. I didn't realize it until I saw the quadcopter frame ripoffs when I started trying to get into RC and I'm only familiar with it through this hobby. I'm sure it's rampant everywhere.
You can buy clones/knockoffs of pretty much every electronic device. Like on Wish they sell those things that look like a PSP but aren't.

And sort of off topic but what do you guys think will be the first Arrma to have an actual Chinese clone?

I wouldn’t buy one.

it kinda makes me laugh inside though. Sombody got some big balls.
I wouldn’t buy one.

it kinda makes me laugh inside though. Sombody got some big balls.

If Traxxas parts are a direct fit I don’t see the problem. Could get a Traxxas chassis and just swap everything to it, and as things break just get Traxxas parts! I have a few extra brushless systems laying around so it could be a fun side project :)

Everything in your home is Chinese product. U.S Price are outrageous I prefer clone is cheaper and it is still made out of cheap plastic. Every RC manufacturer have China produce the product for them with cheap labor and charge you triple price.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back