Kraton Tips on Radio and Receivers...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Senton 3s
So I just finished building my 6s Kraton exb with a savox servo and Spektrum smart system. I don't have a radio and receiver yet. I've ordered a DumboRc combo from bangood but it'll be a while before it arrives. Would it be possible to pull the receiver out of my Senton 3s and use it with the SLT3 radio it came with?

Take the SLT radio system and throw it in the garbage. It is just bad and will ensure you destroy your Kraton. It's laggy and buggy. No joke.
Wouldn't even use it on a Senton but less damage due to mass.

Take the SLT radio system and throw it in the garbage. It is just bad and will ensure you destroy your Kraton. It's laggy and buggy. No joke.
Wouldn't even use it on a Senton but less damage due to mass.
I plan on it, i just want to get it rolling until my new radio and receiver get in.

I have literally seen 3 folks that 'rolled' their Kraton straight into a fence, tree and car tire, in that order, just due to loss of reception. In all cases ~$80-100 worth of damage.
Don't do it but obviously your decision :ROFLMAO:

I have literally seen 3 folks that 'rolled' their Kraton straight into a fence, tree and car tire, in that order, just due to loss of reception. In all cases ~$80-100 worth of damage.
Don't do it but obviously your decision :ROFLMAO:
Managed to get it to work without any incidents but now can't keep the pinion from slipping down the motor shaft. Blue thread lock wasn't enough. Applied orange yesterday and plan to test it out today.

Clean your grub screw and pinion. Can't have old residue on it. Steel brush and alcohol, I use a 4mm tap for the pinion. Let it cure 24h as well.

Managed to get it to work without any incidents but now can't keep the pinion from slipping down the motor shaft. Blue thread lock wasn't enough. Applied orange yesterday and plan to test it out today.

Clean your grub screw and pinion. Can't have old residue on it. Steel brush and alcohol, I use a 4mm tap for the pinion. Let it cure 24h as well.
Weld it. Guaranteed it won't move again..................ever. Just kidding. I use red thread lock all the time. The heat generated in that area will slowly break it down on it's own. If I need to get if off earlier, a quick blast with a micro torch helps to get it free. I definitely don't trust using anything less anymore, as a pinion coming loose usually has more ill effects.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back