Kraton Noob Advice For Arrma Kraton 6s EXB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJWRC

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi guys and girls so am just after some advice and opinions, so a couple of months back I decided I wanted to get into rc and was looking at cars like The Traxxas Rally Vxl, Rustler Ultimate, Traxxas Maxx ect. However I then came across this beastly looking car and finally pulled the trigger on it a few days ago, now my worry is that I am new to this hobby and after placing my order I started to look at some YouTube videos and I seen a few comments from people saying that this car is not really ready to run and it needs some work before doing so, now I don’t want to necessarily be taking the car apart new out of the box when I’m not sure what to really do and it has me thinking wether I have made the right choice or not and maybe should of possibly bought a more simple rtr rig for a noob, item was delivered yesterday and I still have yet to open it so I have a 14 day cooling off period and could possibly return the car for exchange or refund what’s your thoughts ?

Ps. Sorry for my grammar 😊

Hi guys and girls so am just after some advice and opinions, so a couple of months back I decided I wanted to get into rc and was looking at cars like The Traxxas Rally Vxl, Rustler Ultimate, Traxxas Maxx ect. However I then came across this beastly looking car and finally pulled the trigger on it a few days ago, now my worry is that I am new to this hobby and after placing my order I started to look at some YouTube videos and I seen a few comments from people saying that this car is not really ready to run and it needs some work before doing so, now I don’t want to necessarily be taking the car apart new out of the box when I’m not sure what to really do and it has me thinking wether I have made the right choice or not and maybe should of possibly bought a more simple rtr rig for a noob, item was delivered yesterday and I still have yet to open it so I have a 14 day cooling off period and could possibly return the car for exchange or refund what’s your thoughts ?

Ps. Sorry for my grammar 😊
Welcome!

The Kraton 6S EXB is just fine to run out of the box. We experienced RCs know that sometimes Arrma may not tighten or QC the rig as they should. You do not need to take it apart; just look over the rig, feel the chassis and other parts, and maybe take a tool to see if all is snug. It is NOT required.

We experienced RCs always say to run it out of the box as is and NOT modify it. Too many people go for upgrades. You need to see what type of basher you will be. You may never need those tweaks you have seen posted or on video.

Open the box
Run the RC
Enjoy it

Find your style, lane, and form of bashing. You do not need to break it down. Arrma sells thousands of Kratons, and many happy people run them out of the box. If you have an issue, Arrma's warranty and service are good. However, you will be good.

Enjoy! (y)

I agree with parcou. I'm an experienced RC owner with 27 RC vehicles of different brands and scales. When I first get a new RC vehicle, I check over all the screws for tightness. I don't take the diffs or shocks apart to check fluid levels unless something doesn't feel quite right on the first run, or if I want to change the diff fluid weight to my personal preferences. Check for loose screws and run your RTR.

As parcou says, if you experience an issue, Arrma warranty will take care of you. I recently had an issue with stripping of the grub screws in the front CVDs of my new Infraction 6s. Arrma is notorious for using too much or the wrong type of Loctite on these grub screws. I couldn't get the front steering assemblies apart, so I contacted Arrma (Horizon Hobby). All they asked for was a pic of the receipt and a pic of the damaged grub screw. Within a couple of days, they sent me all new parts to make up two complete front steering assemblies complete with CVDs.

@JJWRC .... You bought probably the best truck available for the money. It really is ready to run and upgraded in many of the areas that bashers break. My advice is to keep it and run it slow until you feel comfortable. If you plan to stick around the hobby for awhile.... this one has plenty of room to grow into.

You will break things and learn to fix them.... it's all part of what we do.

You bought the best rtr r/c stock out of the box that money can buy. I’m pretty hard on my r/c’s and haven’t broken anything on it, other than steering plate screws coming off and your occasional dogbone coming out of the cups. Unless you’re launching it 100’ in the air like RCDUDE81, Aldo Loyal and Richduper Dash, you don’t need to upgrade anything. I’m launching mine 40’ - 50’ and it’s fine running like a champ.

Back