Typhon Tips for Typhon 6S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only good news is they have really good customer service. Do not charge or use the batteries. Call them asap and explain, be calm and respectful but accept nothing but a solution. I believe there single 6s lipo will fit. You have proof as you can direct them to the exact page. 1-888-959-2307
Let me know as I'm not ok with them doing that. Btw you aren't the first as I've explained this on here multiple times.
I actually bought them from Horizon's Amazon store because they had them in stock with 2 day shipping. Hopefully I can still return them (wont even open the box much less charge them) Good thing I saw your post before trying to use them!

The only good news is they have really good customer service. Do not charge or use the batteries. Call them asap and explain, be calm and respectful but accept nothing but a solution. I believe there single 6s lipo will fit. You have proof as you can direct them to the exact page. 1-888-959-2307
Let me know as I'm not ok with them doing that. Btw you aren't the first as I've explained this on here multiple times.
Just an update on this. Horizon basically told me that they don't accept returns on batteries.:mad: I wrote back to them saying that this is pretty crappy situation since I literally ordered their recommended power pack bundle they advertise on their website for this car. Ill see if they follow up.

Try the Kraton adjustable post for the rear body posts and a longer screw to increase the front body post height. I'm doing this to accommodate my 2 3C batteries. I fell into the same trap and had to buy those items.
- Make sure you have good tools to work on it.
- Dry it well as soon as possible if you drive in the wet.
- Use heat to soften the locktite if you encounter a stuck screw.
- Learn to set-up gear mesh correctly.
- Check the fluid level in your diffs and top it out if needed.
- Set your servo travel endpoints.
- Adjust your droop screws correctly to avoid breaking rod ends.
- Buy CA tire glue and check from time to time for spots where the tire is separating from the rim. Reglue as necessary.
- Buy a bearing set in advance and replace bearings as needed.
- Plan to upgrade the chassis braces for aluminum sooner than later.

I believe that covers the essentials. None of this is very advanced stuff. Take your time, watch lots of Youtube videos, search and ask questions here when you're not sure about something.

Have fun! ?
Have any recommendations on better tires than the factory issues? How to adjust the front toe for road tires?
- Make sure you have good tools to work on it.
- Dry it well as soon as possible if you drive in the wet.
- Use heat to soften the locktite if you encounter a stuck screw.
- Learn to set-up gear mesh correctly.
- Check the fluid level in your diffs and top it out if needed.
- Set your servo travel endpoints.
- Adjust your droop screws correctly to avoid breaking rod ends.
- Buy CA tire glue and check from time to time for spots where the tire is separating from the rim. Reglue as necessary.
- Buy a bearing set in advance and replace bearings as needed.
- Plan to upgrade the chassis braces for aluminum sooner than later.

I believe that covers the essentials. None of this is very advanced stuff. Take your time, watch lots of Youtube videos, search and ask questions here when you're not sure about something.

Have fun! ?
Have any recommendations on better tires than the factory issues? How to adjust the front toe for road tires?

For street tires I really like the DBoots (3 different compounds available, gold, white #ARA550062 and silver #ARA550070)
I also have some GRP GTX01-S7 (also makes different compounds) that I have not used yet, hoping I will get more tread life out of them over the DBoots

Front Alignment:

I first adjusted my camber to -1 degrees
Then adjusted my toe close to 0 to 1 degree toe out
To adjust toe, take a tape measure and measure the distance between the rear center and front center of the front wheels
Turn your turnbuckles left side and right side until distance between the rear center and front center are close to the same (better to have a little toe-out than toe-in)
Make sure the front wheels look straight to the chassis, if not readjust
After you make your adjustments take the car out and see how it handles and readjust as necessary, took me 4 or 5 times to get it dialed in

Depending on how and where you run your car you may need more negative camber and toe-out, I set mine up for street and flat fields, very little jumping

I just bought this car from my local hobby shop and they recommended the same batteries and I have the same issue. I can get the body on but it looks lopsided. The batteries fit in the tray with no issue and I can eventually get it clipped, but you can tell it's not the best way to do this.

I just bought this car from my local hobby shop and they recommended the same batteries and I have the same issue. I can get the body on but it looks lopsided. The batteries fit in the tray with no issue and I can eventually get it clipped, but you can tell it's not the best way to do this.
That really sucks. You would hope local would know of those batteries not fitting but that has been an issue for some time. Imo keep the batteries as the hobby is so much fun and full of adult nerds like me who just enjoy positive vibes. You will definitely NEED a Kraton V5 or Outcast 8s soon so extra parts are ok. 👊

That really sucks. You would hope local would know of those batteries not fitting but that has been an issue for some time. Imo keep the batteries as the hobby is so much fun and full of adult nerds like me who just enjoy positive vibes. You will definitely NEED a Kraton V5 or Outcast 8s soon so extra parts are ok. 👊
I took the batteries back to my local hobby shop and they apologized profusely, but unfortunately they didn't have any single 6s batteries that will work with my Typhon. So they refunded me which was the best outcome. I called another shop and they do so I'm headed there tomorrow.

My two 3S Spektrum batteries fit like a glove, no issues

I have not noticed a difference between running 2/3S vs 1 6S
Hi,

Hoping you can help me out with this.

I'm looking at ordering a new Typhon 6S and need some LiPo batteries to go with it.

I've always run nitro cars so electric is new to me. Can you guys recommend the largest most suitable lipo's whether that be a single 6S or two 3S batteries please?

I would be very grateful for your help.

Michael

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm looking at ordering a new Typhon 6S and need some LiPo batteries to go with it.

I've always run nitro cars so electric is new to me. Can you guys recommend the largest most suitable lipo's whether that be a single 6S or two 3S batteries please?

Michael
You just need to make sure you get a battery that will fit in the V5 Typhon body. The arrma website states the following:

4S or 6S Lipo (Hard or soft-case) within dimensions 158 x 48 x 51mm or 6.22 x 1.89 x 2.00 inches.

For the cars full capability you can run two 3S in series or one 6S. Just make sure it is not bigger than the dimensions above.

Hi,

Michael
Two Spektrum 3S batteries will fit in the battery tray but the body will not fit correctly on the Typhon S6 V5

I run 4S 5000 mAh 100C on the street, 4S and 6S 5000 mAh 100C on the dirt, your location and driving style may differ
Any recommendation on the battery brand?
Food for thought

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/what-is-your-rc-lipo-of-choice-in-2021.33223/

Last edited:
Do you think I could get away with a 6S hard case at least 5000mah and with a rating of anything higher than 50C, preferably 100C?

Im struggling to find anything suitable but would rather buy two decent 6S batteries so I can swap them over for longer run time and still charge them both at the same time, rather than having to charge and carry four 3S batteries.

If anyone knows of any specific 6S batteries that would fit the above criteria I'd be very grateful.

Michael

Do you think I could get away with a 6S hard case at least 5000mah and with a rating of anything higher than 50C, preferably 100C?

Im struggling to find anything suitable but would rather buy two decent 6S batteries so I can swap them over for longer run time and still charge them both at the same time, rather than having to charge and carry four 3S batteries.

If anyone knows of any specific 6S batteries that would fit the above criteria I'd be very grateful.

Michael
I just bought the spektrum 6s 5000mah 100c and it fits. It's tight but it totally fits.

i run 2, 3s gens 60C 5500mah soft pack, and yes body does not fit like it like a 4s does, but it can fit, other wise find
body mount parts, ....

An online shop have got back to me saying the Typhon 6S will take 2 gensacearespammers bashing soft shell in size 6500mah 3s 60C.
They measure 26x46x154 so a pair should fit side by side.

They're the highest mah I can find that should fit so I'll give them a go.

Michael

An online shop have got back to me saying the Typhon 6S will take 2 gensacearespammers bashing soft shell in size 6500mah 3s 60C.
They measure 26x46x154 so a pair should fit side by side.

They're the highest mah I can find that should fit so I'll give them a go.

Michael
Something to consider as I was always thinking more mah for more run time but consider that will be more heat generated over time. Just be aware

Something to consider as I was always thinking more mah for more run time but consider that will be more heat generated over time. Just be aware
Decided to go with 2x 5000mah 50c 3s lipo's in the end.
I'll see how I get on with those and can always add a couple more down the line.

Thanks for the advice.

Michael

Back