Typhon Straighten center driveline / drill new holes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks Ugly..
But the motor still got life and is still operational ,yes?
I don’t think so I’m afraid to run it
I’m thinking that copper wire inside is grounded to the can I don’t know if that’s a problem I don’t know that much about electric motors

Last edited:
What the hell. I’m running the little castle 1520 1650kv. It for sure sounded way smoother with this new setup. I gave it a parking lot test on 4s last night when I finished up. Curious how it’ll do on 6s.

Any chassis flex at speed and those center dog bones will bind up and destroy drive train components. Probably the input gear cups first.

Any chassis flex at speed and those center dog bones will bind up and destroy drive train components. Probably the input gear cups first.
With everything bolted back up and the tower to tower brace hooked up I can barely twist the chassis. I’d like to make an upper deck like what scorched makes.

+!!
And it only takes a few mm's of momentary chassis flex is all.

With everything bolted back up and the tower to tower brace hooked up I can barely twist the chassis. I’d like to make an upper deck like what scorched makes.
That will only keep the upper bulkheads from teetering, put the chassis on a corner steel table and press down on both towers while the drivetrain is coasting and you'll understand. The v5 typhon/noto swb chassis has additional stamping support vs infraction and longer wheelbase chassis' however.

it'll be fine w/o braces..ive ran my 2 swb cars this way for a couple years..i ran 159mph on 7s yesterday with stock centershafts an motor mount..only t2t braces on cars

20231016_155458.jpg

I need a mill that's all there is to it. I'm sorry but just seeing the photos makes me wish I had access to your shop. I'll come over we can hang out ill bring the beer and split the cost of broken tooling. Now only if I didn't live so far away.

I
I need a mill that's all there is to it. I'm sorry but just seeing the photos makes me wish I had access to your shop. I'll come over we can hang out ill bring the beer and split the cost of broken tooling. Now only if I didn't live so far away.
What are you looking for maybe I can make it as long as it’s not something crazy I don’t have a cnc mill just one off stuff

I went out to harbor freight again today and bought a wet saw and a Diamond blade for 70$. 3.5mm carbon fiber sheet on the way will be here tomorrow.

Im trying to use anything other than a dremel. I don't mind the intricate cuts, the part that sucks with the dremel is the long straight cuts. Im working on some templates for drilling now. About to start printing. Its all custom stuff but thats the fun part.

Im trying to use anything other than a dremel. I don't mind the intricate cuts, the part that sucks with the dremel is the long straight cuts. Im working on some templates for drilling now. About to start printing. Its all custom stuff but thats the fun part.
What part are you making

Was more of an aside that I need to find a mill. Have a lot of the other metal working bits on bobs but still something I'm looking for. That and a small gun smith lathe. 36"x 4" stock. One of these days ill spend money on them instead of the RC's yep yep I will I swear. Or ill procrastinate on it till a deal I can't pass shows up I'm all ways looking for a good deal on something I need.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back