Talion Steering issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron5

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Okay so i just took my talion out for the 4th run. I noticed it didnt turn as well as before. On my third run i wound all the shock collars down for maximum ride height and it turned fine. Now it will turn both ways fully until its on the ground it doesn't have enough power to turn fully. If you go in reverse it turns fully but thats it. Is this a servo issue or a weak batt?

Edit: I looked closer at the servo and noticed that the servo horn(black piece that connects to the saver) has damaged the top of the saver a little bit. Could that have damaged the servo gears? I can turn the wheels left and right easily so theres no binding. But when driving they barely turn. If you stop it will turn slowly but stops in the middle when turning back the opposite direction and when turning after that sitting there it barely moves from straight.

Last edited:
Servo might have died. Do you have another servo to test?

No I do not. This is my first RC. Are the servos covered under warranty or do I need to buy one?
The motor esc and servo are covered for 2 years as far as I am aware.

The stock servos are so so and are known to die. I would send it in for warranty and buy a Savox 0231 or Savox 1210, then keep the warranty servo as a spare. If you do get one of those servos it is recommended to use a glitch buster. You can get the Savox 0231 and a glitch buster off eBay for about $37. And I would recommend buying an aluminum servo mount from either Voltage Hobbies or Hot Racing.

I am running a Savox 1211SG in mine and it is worlds better than the stock servo. I only got the 1211SG as that was all my LHS had in stock at the time.

Last edited:
Thanks. Ill check ebay out, i need to order some suspension shims anyways. Love the slinky avatar by the way lol!!

Thanks. Ill check ebay out, i need to order some suspension shims anyways. Love the slinky avatar by the way lol!!
Yeah eBay for me seems to have the best prices for most things. If money isn't really an issue I would go with the 1210 over the 0231, 277oz/in vs 208 oz/in @ 6v. The 0231 is a little bit stronger than the stock one, but not by much.

Yeah eBay for me seems to have the best prices for most things. If money isn't really an issue I would go with the 1210 over the 0231, 277oz/in vs 208 oz/in @ 6v. The 0231 is a little bit stronger than the stock one, but not by much.

Ebay is awesome.

Well I figured out what was wrong. The saver spring needed to be tightened. Good as new now. But Im still going to check on an upgrade. Thank you again for the help.

Ebay is awesome.

Well I figured out what was wrong. The saver spring needed to be tightened. Good as new now. But Im still going to check on an upgrade. Thank you again for the help.
I keep forgetting that the servo saver is there to be honest.

I keep forgetting that the servo saver is there to be honest.

I didnt even think about that being d
Adjustable. One of the guys at work was checking it out (now he wants one lol) and noticed the threads and I tightened it up. Sure enough that was it. Im still learning about these things.

Okay should the servo saver adjustment screw keep loosing back up? Second question, when i power on the car the servo locks and will only move wheels to the right, but the horn wont go any further back than the middle. Power it off and moves both ways by hand. Did the servo burn out?

Okay should the servo saver adjustment screw keep loosing back up? Second question, when i power on the car the servo locks and will only move wheels to the right, but the horn wont go any further back than the middle. Power it off and moves both ways by hand. Did the servo burn out?
Remove the servo horn, turn on the esc, let the servo center itself, put the servo horn back on, put a dab of blue loctite on the screw before you put it on. Some people have issues with the servo saver screw loosening up, you can either set it where you want it and again put a dab of blue loctite on the threads where the screw sits or you can use Teflon plummer's tape. Let the loctite fully cure for 24 hours.

Last edited:
Remove the servo horn, turn on the esc, let the servo center itself, put the servo horn back on, put a dab of blue loctite on the screw before you put it on. Some people have issues with the servo saver screw loosening up, you can either set it where you want it and again put a dab of blue loctite on the threads where the screw sits or you can use Teflon plummer's tape. Let the loctite fully cure for 24 hours.

Okay so its a common issue then. I'll put some loctite on it.

I took the servo off and turned it on. It centers it self but wont move backwards. The controller will move it forwards but once you roll the wheel backwards it doesn't move at all. If you move it by hand it stops centered and you can feel it vibrate in your hand a little. I took it apart last night and there was plenty of grease in it, no broken teeth, but it had a burnt electrical smell.

Okay so its a common issue then. I'll put some loctite on it.

I took the servo off and turned it on. It centers it self but wont move backwards. The controller will move it forwards but once you roll the wheel backwards it doesn't move at all. If you move it by hand it stops centered and you can feel it vibrate in your hand a little. I took it apart last night and there was plenty of grease in it, no broken teeth, but it had a burnt electrical smell.
Okay burnt electric smell = dead servo. Did you set your end points?

I did the dual rate. I just found out the buttons on the grip are end points. Im going to order the savox servo and ill sure to set them.

I did the same and fried out my $120 servo once. Now I make sure to set the end points on my radios.
With the Savox servos you should pick up a glitch buster. If you look around on ebay some sellers toss in a free glitch buster.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back