Typhon Steering Drift šŸ˜”

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zen

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Yo guys,

I have a Typhon 6s RTR TLR (I run it on 4s). A mainly use it for racing, but I do sometimes bash it. I have a problem though... the tracking of the car does not seem to go straight, I have adjusted the steering trim so many times but still it misbehaves.

Basically, if I just accelerate, without any steering before hand, it goes perfectly straight, no problem. But as soon as I steer fully to the right or left, and then let go for it to go straight again, whichever way I steered before (left or right) it continues steering in that direction, not as harsh, but still about 30ish degrees, which makes it a pain to drive it.

And...

The less severely I turn, (and it isn't drifting the side initially), the lower angle of the drift to the side is, 10ish degrees, but it is still noticeable.

Does anybody know how to fix this? It would be much appreciated if you knew.

Thanks guys. :)

Yo guys,

I have a Typhon 6s RTR TLR (I run it on 4s). A mainly use it for racing, but I do sometimes bash it. I have a problem though... the tracking of the car does not seem to go straight, I have adjusted the steering trim so many times but still it misbehaves.

Basically, if I just accelerate, without any steering before hand, it goes perfectly straight, no problem. But as soon as I steer fully to the right or left, and then let go for it to go straight again, whichever way I steered before (left or right) it continues steering in that direction, not as harsh, but still about 30ish degrees, which makes it a pain to drive it.

And...

The less severely I turn, (and it isn't drifting the side initially), the lower angle of the drift to the side is, 10ish degrees, but it is still noticeable.

Does anybody know how to fix this? It would be much appreciated if you knew.

Thanks guys. :)

Stock steering servo?

Any binding in your steering linkage??

TLRT's come with a the X-Hard Servo Saver spring out the box. I doubt it is your SS. I also have the TLRT, run exclusively on 4s packs as well. ( the first release as a "Roller") Sometimes the PB's get packed with fine dirt or clay. Look into that first, by disconnecting the servo link and check for absolute free play Left to Right by hand.
You basically have a Servo "return to center" Issue there. So I would check the Pivot ball tightness for any binding, L-R, lock to lock, frequently. This would cause what you state. But as stated above, I would absolutely consider the Stocker Servo as part of the issue. Replace it. I run an AMZ DS3235 35kg servo. In every single 6s rig I own, including my TLRT. IMO, a 35 kg servo is a minimum for most any 6s platform. And for the TLRT provides more than enough ST. overhead , both Torque and Speed.
It is a given that your wheel alignment should be correct first and foremost. Toe, Caster and Camber. Start with all Zero degree settings precisely first. The "Darting"/ "Steering drift" that you describe can happen from time to time. Need to narrow down the cause and address it for sure. I could never drive any rig like that. Especially on a confined technical track. To take it a step further if all else fails, consider the front and rear diffs as one other final possible cause, if ST. drift is happening under load. My "Roller" TLRT came with thinner Diff oils, specifically for track use. The RTR TLRT comes with thicker diff oils FWIW. One important unknown distinction between the RTR TLRT and the now discontinued TLRT Roller variant. Something to consider, especially for track use.
Good luck. Too thick oils. will induce Torque steer. Making it very hard to navigate a confined track.
:cool:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back