SR6110 AT quit on second pass

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racer X

Reaction score
I bought a new Infraction.
I drove it up and down the street with some small 1500 ma 3s batteries from a crawler. It was fine. I finally got the two 5000 ma 3 s smart batteries. I also picked up a Savoc servo to replace the original RTR servo.
I made a quick test pass and everything was fine. Made a second pass full throttle and then used full brakes. As it went past under braking it started to beep and stopped. Nothing… no steering no throttle red blinking in the ESC.

First I tested the servo . I was dead. It would not work in another car. I swapped the servo for a Reefs 444 and that worked. But I am still getting the red ESC light. I tried calibrating and rebinding still nothing.

I swapped in an SR515 receiver and it works.
Note don’t drive full throttle without a gyro. It got up to speed and then spun like a top.
Added a gyro and now it is perfectly normal except I have a low voltage warning popping up on the transmitter.
I am going to get another Sr6110 AT receiver but why did the receiver and servo stop working?

I bought a new Infraction.
I drove it up and down the street with some small 1500 ma 3s batteries from a crawler. It was fine. I finally got the two 5000 ma 3 s smart batteries. I also picked up a Savoc servo to replace the original RTR servo.
I made a quick test pass and everything was fine. Made a second pass full throttle and then used full brakes. As it went past under braking it started to beep and stopped. Nothing… no steering no throttle red blinking in the ESC.

First I tested the servo . I was dead. It would not work in another car. I swapped the servo for a Reefs 444 and that worked. But I am still getting the red ESC light. I tried calibrating and rebinding still nothing.

I swapped in an SR515 receiver and it works.
Note don’t drive full throttle without a gyro. It got up to speed and then spun like a top.
Added a gyro and now it is perfectly normal except I have a low voltage warning popping up on the transmitter.
I am going to get another Sr6110 AT receiver but why did the receiver and servo stop working?
Would think the servo had somehow pulled some crazy power shorting or something else (just speculation), as I have never Had this happen I could not tell you what exactly is going on.

That was my thought also. But I was not turning or anything.
I replaced it with a more powerful servo. I am kinda nervous about trying a new receiver. I can’t find anyone with a problem like this.
The Sr315 receiver with an external gyro works great. But does not have AVC .

Would think the servo had somehow pulled some crazy power shorting or something else (just speculation), as I have never Had this happen I could not tell you what exactly is going on.
I had a bad servo take out the channel on a receiver once, so that might be the issue with the original receiver.

Back