Smilinbri's 1st rattle can paint job! HTTR!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a J Concepts Illuzion SC10 Ford Raptor body for my Slash to practice my 1st paint job on before I painted the body for my Tekno SCT410.3. (y)

I def need a lot more practice, especially with trimming the tape for the smaller sections. Also forgot to look at it in the light to look for spaces I missed, so in a few areas the black backing color came through. Luckily, the main color was dark, so it's not that noticeable.

So my plan on practicing on this 1st worked out as I learned some lessons. The above errors and also should have added another layer or 2 of the main color.

I, of course, went with a Redskins theme. :LOL:(y)☝️I think I got the colors pretty close.

Remember, this is my 1st time, so be nice. :p

Cleaned him up good with some Dawn to get that squeaky clean noise. Taped off the sections I wanted yellow and the windows.

Started with 4 thin coats of PS-15 Metallic Red.

Backed it up with Traxxas Pro Graphix black, as I already had that on hand and wanted it to be more of a dark burgundy.

Removed the tape and painted the smaller sections with 3 coats of Duratrex-4285 Bright Yellow

Backed that with PS-23 Gun Metal because I ran out of the black, and I also wanted it darker.

Removed the window stickers and used PF-31 Smoke-7 layers, to get that tinted window look. Messed up the windshield a little, but hard to tell from far away.

I really thought I messed up and things bled through, but then realized it was just over spray on the top protective cover. :rolleyes::D

I'm thrilled with my 1st time!! Hail to the Redskins!!! ☝️:LOL:😁✌️
(I did forget to take pics of painting it yellow, was too excited and put the 21 off center on the front. 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️)

View attachment 281400View attachment 281401View attachment 281402View attachment 281403View attachment 281404View attachment 281405View attachment 281406View attachment 281407View attachment 281408View attachment 281409View attachment 281410View attachment 281411View attachment 281412View attachment 281413View attachment 281415
Very nice! You did a really good job, especially for your first time. We are not football people so have no clue what everybody’s talking about 🤷‍♂️ But that’s a damn good paint job, all I have to say!

Very nice! You did a really good job, especially for your first time. We are not football people so have no clue what everybody’s talking about 🤷‍♂️ But that’s a damn good paint job, all I have to say!
Thanks bud!!
@Smilinbri ... Swwwweeeeeeeeeeeeet paint job..!!! :love: :cool:
Thanks fellow Brian!!!
Looks really good!! Love the Redskins. They are a great baseball team. :)
Thanks!! Yea, they score lots of goals and 3 pointers!!! :ROFLMAO:
Proper job @Smilinbri ! Beats the crap oot ma first attempt. The old overspray on the outer film still gets me every time tho!
Thanks man!! Yea, I don't think I'll ever get used to that!!
Very nice job brother!!😍🥰 You matched the Skins colors perfectly & since I assume it's gonna be a basher (?) then it won't ever look that nice again!😅 Really well done for your 1st shot!! It's kinda addictive, I've found- painting the new clear bodies. All that oh so important prep work for about 20 minutes of actual painting. Then getting to peel off the outer film to reveal a work of art? For me it's probably right up there w/ the 1st time I power up a rig that I just finished building & seeing it drive!! Can't wait to see the tekno!!!😃👍🤘
Thanks buddy!! Yea, I agree. I'm already lookin' to get some more clear bodies!!! (y) :LOL: ✌️
Very nice paint job and very nice homage to Sean Taylor on the hood.
Thanks!! Glad someone recognized that! 👊☺️
Here's some pics of my Skins collection I my basement man cave and my old lawn tractor I painted years ago! HTTR!!
20230227_062834.jpg
20230227_062844.jpg
20230227_062903.jpg

20160529_121515.jpg
20160529_121526.jpg
20160529_121537.jpg
20160529_121551.jpg

Thanks bud!!

Thanks fellow Brian!!!

Thanks buddy!! Yea, I agree. I'm already lookin' to get some more clear bodies!!! (y) :LOL: ✌️

Here's some pics of my Skins collection I my basement man cave and my old lawn tractor I painted years ago! HTTR!!
View attachment 281529View attachment 281530View attachment 281531
View attachment 281532View attachment 281533View attachment 281534View attachment 281535
Are you a Redskins fan by chance?

Got a J Concepts Illuzion SC10 Ford Raptor body for my Slash to practice my 1st paint job on before I painted the body for my Tekno SCT410.3. (y)

I def need a lot more practice, especially with trimming the tape for the smaller sections. Also forgot to look at it in the light to look for spaces I missed, so in a few areas the black backing color came through. Luckily, the main color was dark, so it's not that noticeable.

So my plan on practicing on this 1st worked out as I learned some lessons. The above errors and also should have added another layer or 2 of the main color.

I, of course, went with a Redskins theme. :LOL:(y)☝️I think I got the colors pretty close.

Remember, this is my 1st time, so be nice. :p

Cleaned him up good with some Dawn to get that squeaky clean noise. Taped off the sections I wanted yellow and the windows.

Started with 4 thin coats of PS-15 Metallic Red.

Backed it up with Traxxas Pro Graphix black, as I already had that on hand and wanted it to be more of a dark burgundy.

Removed the tape and painted the smaller sections with 3 coats of Duratrex-4285 Bright Yellow

Backed that with PS-23 Gun Metal because I ran out of the black, and I also wanted it darker.

Removed the window stickers and used PF-31 Smoke-7 layers, to get that tinted window look. Messed up the windshield a little, but hard to tell from far away.

I really thought I messed up and things bled through, but then realized it was just over spray on the top protective cover. :rolleyes::D

I'm thrilled with my 1st time!! Hail to the Redskins!!! ☝️:LOL:😁✌️
(I did forget to take pics of painting it yellow, was too excited and put the 21 off center on the front. 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️)

View attachment 281400View attachment 281401View attachment 281402View attachment 281403View attachment 281404View attachment 281405View attachment 281406View attachment 281407View attachment 281408View attachment 281409View attachment 281410View attachment 281411View attachment 281412View attachment 281413View attachment 281415
Hell yeah a skins mobil 😍 I love it ..now a couple of small skin flags off the back and it's a sweet looking rig 👍 awesome job brotha..keep up the good work ...GO SKINS👍

Hell yeah a skins mobil 😍 I love it ..now a couple of small skin flags off the back and it's a sweet looking rig 👍 awesome job brotha..keep up the good work ...GO SKINS👍
Thanks!! HTTR!!

Hot damn!! Looks great to me buddy!!👍😎🍻
Masking and multi colors is a tedious process.. and one that I simply don't have the patience for! LOL
Hats off to you!! Nice job😉👌
Thanks bud!! Appreciate it!! 😁 ✌️

Yea, masking is no fun!! Def takes a lot of practice, and trial and error. Hell, thought I was done with the Tekno lid, until late last night I noticed I forgot to untape/unmask one small part for the secondary color! 🤦‍♂️ Just finished it up and will have pics later tonight.

Thanks bud!!

Thanks fellow Brian!!!

View attachment 281529View attachment 281530View attachment 281531
View attachment 281532View attachment 281533View attachment 281534
Wow!! You are the Redskins payroll !!?🤣🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back