Smilinbri's 1st rattle can paint job! HTTR!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smilinbri

RC is a hobby. Arrma is a lifestyle.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Notorious
  3. Senton 6s
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Typhon 6s
  6. Vorteks
  7. Infraction 4x4
Got a J Concepts Illuzion SC10 Ford Raptor body for my Slash to practice my 1st paint job on before I painted the body for my Tekno SCT410.3. (y)

I def need a lot more practice, especially with trimming the tape for the smaller sections. Also forgot to look at it in the light to look for spaces I missed, so in a few areas the black backing color came through. Luckily, the main color was dark, so it's not that noticeable.

So my plan on practicing on this 1st worked out as I learned some lessons. The above errors and also should have added another layer or 2 of the main color.

I, of course, went with a Redskins theme. :LOL:(y)☝️I think I got the colors pretty close.

Remember, this is my 1st time, so be nice. :p

Cleaned him up good with some Dawn to get that squeaky clean noise. Taped off the sections I wanted yellow and the windows.

Started with 4 thin coats of PS-15 Metallic Red.

Backed it up with Traxxas Pro Graphix black, as I already had that on hand and wanted it to be more of a dark burgundy.

Removed the tape and painted the smaller sections with 3 coats of Duratrex-4285 Bright Yellow

Backed that with PS-23 Gun Metal because I ran out of the black, and I also wanted it darker.

Removed the window stickers and used PF-31 Smoke-7 layers, to get that tinted window look. Messed up the windshield a little, but hard to tell from far away.

I really thought I messed up and things bled through, but then realized it was just over spray on the top protective cover. :rolleyes::D

I'm thrilled with my 1st time!! Hail to the Redskins!!! ☝️:LOL:😁✌️
(I did forget to take pics of painting it yellow, was too excited and put the 21 off center on the front. 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️)

20230223_133759.jpg
20230223_144603.jpg
20230223_161529.jpg
20230223_174050.jpg
20230223_174459.jpg
20230223_174507.jpg
20230226_144256.jpg
20230226_144304.jpg
20230226_154928.jpg
20230226_154933.jpg
20230226_154942.jpg
20230226_154955.jpg
20230226_155032.jpg
20230226_155048.jpg
20230226_155255.jpg

Collection edition 'Commander' stickers there.... I am a Ron Rivera fan...

NICE JOB!! Loooooks NIIIIIIIIICE !
Thanks! Yea, thought about adding Commanders logo, but will always be Redskins to me!!! :p

Thanks! Yea, thought about adding Commanders logo, but will always be Redskins to me!!! :p
I am a part native American, I never have taken offense....I remember the "Hawgs", John Riggins was a beast....Joe T Broken leg.....Darrell Green the fastest man in his day.....

I have done a few paint jobs.... wish my first turned out as well as yours.....patience.....numerous thin coats vs. fewer thicker ones..... CLEAN......there are some true artists on this forum....

Sacrilege!!! Niemals, Nein und Never! That was sooo disappointing when they caved to the perpetually offended. I can't stand all of the teams, schools, universities, etc. that are changing their names because a small group of really loud retards with KoolAid® colored hair, Zippertits™ and bottom surgeries that are incapable of understanding that the world didn't just begin to exist on the day they were born and that you can't evaluate people from 300 years ago by the values and views of today. They're the Redskins and always will be.

Super awesome paint job! Matched the red skins colors perfectly. Drive that Senton proudly! Wait! That's a ford raptor body? Still looks awesome!👍

Last edited:
Thanks guys!! Really appreciate the support and positive comments!! 👊 I've been a die hard 'Skins fan since I was a baby!! My dad's side of the family is and we would always go over to my g-parents house with my Dad's 5 siblings and their families to watch em!! Great memories!! Miss the 80's and 90's Skins. They've gone down hill since Snyder bought the team, but I still love em and root for em. One day we will be back to consistently winning! 🤞

We won't get into the politics of the name here. It is what it is. I agree with what Diem said above. Political correctness has gotten way out of hand.....

Anywho, it was a blast doing this! I finished up my Tekno lid today too. Just lettin' it dry and will remove the plastic and get stickers on it tomorrow. Hopefully it turns out as well as this one!! 🤞🤞

And yea, Ford body, but I refused to put any of the Ford stickers on there.....Chevy all the way! :LOL:😁✌️

Thanks guys!! Really appreciate the support and positive comments!! 👊 I've been a die hard 'Skins fan since I was a baby!! My dad's side of the family is and we would always go over to my g-parents house with my Dad's 5 siblings and their families to watch em!! Great memories!! Miss the 80's and 90's Skins. They've gone down hill since Snyder bought the team, but I still love em and root for em. One day we will be back to consistently winning! 🤞

We won't get into the politics of the name here. It is what it is. I agree with what Diem said above. Political correctness has gotten way out of hand.....

Anywho, it was a blast doing this! I finished up my Tekno lid today too. Just lettin' it dry and will remove the plastic and get stickers on it tomorrow. Hopefully it turns out as well as this one!! 🤞🤞

And yea, Ford body, but I refused to put any of the Ford stickers on there.....Chevy all the way! :LOL:😁✌️
FB_IMG_1499498646529.jpg

Nuff said. 🤣

Very nice job brother!!😍🥰 You matched the Skins colors perfectly & since I assume it's gonna be a basher (?) then it won't ever look that nice again!😅 Really well done for your 1st shot!! It's kinda addictive, I've found- painting the new clear bodies. All that oh so important prep work for about 20 minutes of actual painting. Then getting to peel off the outer film to reveal a work of art? For me it's probably right up there w/ the 1st time I power up a rig that I just finished building & seeing it drive!! Can't wait to see the tekno!!!😃👍🤘

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back