Servo Comparison

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
don't know about Libertymkiii but nah, I'm just going for the pink servo. It has a dry sumped lubrication system built in straight from the box.
But it doesn’t have a graphene flange port?

As much as I helped in de-railing this thread I ended up purchasing the blue DS 25kg servo.
Feeling really stupid at the moment.

I like the speed and how quiet it is, but if it wont hold center very well then it is of no value to me. I really like the look of the CNC JX servos, but they have horrible ratings or no ratings on Amazon. Seems like a no brainer to go for the stronger one for a few bucks?

servo.JPG

As much as I helped in de-railing this thread I ended up purchasing the blue DS 25kg servo.
Feeling really stupid at the moment.

I like the speed and how quiet it is, but if it wont hold center very well then it is of no value to me. I really like the look of the CNC JX servos, but they have horrible ratings or no ratings on Amazon. Seems like a no brainer to go for the stronger one for a few bucks?

View attachment 52765
Maybe I got a dud. Let us know how your blue 3225 works out.

I know this is an older thread but no need to start a new one per the title.

Just came across this new Servo from Reef's RC. Reef's 777 Servo. This is a hoss of a servo, albeit it seems like it needs it's own battery, I just couldn't help notice the features it offers along with a very reasonable price it starts at, compared to other brands and what their top tier offers and costs. It seems to me!
Just curious what other members think that have more experience and knowledge with servos?

1588103909859.png

https://www.reefsrc.com/shop/p_1305184/triple7-14v-fully-programmable

I know this is an older thread but no need to start a new one per the title.

Just came across this new Servo from Reef's RC. Reef's 777 Servo. This is a hoss of a servo, albeit it seems like it needs it's own battery, I just couldn't help notice the features it offers along with a very reasonable price it starts at, compared to other brands and what their top tier offers and costs. It seems to me!
Just curious what other members think that have more experience and knowledge with servos?

View attachment 77371

https://www.reefsrc.com/shop/p_1305184/triple7-14v-fully-programmable
Geez... 10-14V... 666oz-777oz... I guess if I ever want to use my 1:1 car during corona with POV camera... I could use this for steering on it. ;)

Geez... 10-14V... 666oz-777oz... I guess if I ever want to use my 1:1 car during corona with POV camera... I could use this for steering on it. ;)
So then this would best suit the Nitro class and those heavy rigs? Something like that new Raminator?

I know that Reefs servos are really well known and respected in the crawler world where high torque servos are needed. My buddy has a few Reed servos in his crawlers and hasn't had any issues with them.

So then this would best suit the Nitro class and those heavy rigs? Something like that new Raminator?
Might work, but it uses dual 73KG (2x1013oz/in) 1/5th scale servos. This one is standard size.

I can understand that with the bashing sense. The servo isn't very fast but super strong. You think this would be to much for even the K8S? Even just for the strength of it?
.10 sec is pretty quick, down to .08 with 14v.

Might work, but it uses dual 73KG (2x1013oz/in) 1/5th scale servos. This one is standard size.

.10 sec is pretty quick, down to .08 with 14v.
Got ya, the video I saw of it, the driver must've not have shown that very well.
I know that Reefs servos are really well known and respected in the crawler world where high torque servos are needed. My buddy has a few Reed servos in his crawlers and hasn't had any issues with them.
How heavy can those Crawler rigs get? This servo for Crawlers seems overkill. For the 30lbs+ rigs it seems like it would be a good fit.

I just picked up a new servo for my #3s #Typhon! I went with the Savox Digital - SW-0230MG to replace my stock ARRMA one which should help a lot with the slop and give her some better steering.
1588108815798.png

3s Typhon All beef up! .jpeg

I just picked up a new servo for my #3s #Typhon! I went with the Savox Digital - SW-0230MG to replace my stock ARRMA one which should help a lot with the slop and give her some better steering.
View attachment 77388

View attachment 77389
On paper that servo is on par with the ADS-7m servo, I have one that I use in my Ecx Ruckus 2wd and it works great in there.

Hey guys, I have a Protek 370TBL on the way for my Outcast. In preparation, I was going to pre-install a CC BEC. Upon plugging it to the computer, I noticed the factory setting was only 5 Volts. The servo is rated for up to 7.4V, would it be best to just program the bec at the 7.4?

I have the Tactic system and blx185

Last edited:
So I have a follow up question. As much as I love RC's I have never been a servo expert. I've never run an external BEC, and the idea of having to run a separate battery to run the servo annoys me.

I'm still running a Hobbywing Quicrun 150A esc and it's only 6V. I have zero interest in replacing it because it's been the perfect ESC for me. I've yet to have a single issue with it since the day I purchased it, and it is at least 7 yrs old. It was on a Savage XL Brushless conversion before it got donated to my Kraton.

Any advice on what servo will work without an external BEC on 6V?

Maybe I'm wrong, but can't it be connected the BEC directly to the main battery? so no need for an external one.

Maybe I'm wrong, but can't it be connected the BEC directly to the main battery? so no need for an external one.
I thought I remember seeing some of the HV servo's have 2 sets of plugs, a standard signal plug, and a 2 prong JXT power plug that was, I'm assuming, to be plugged into a battery. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Either way, I don't want to mess around with a BEC, just looking for the best Servo for 6V

Hey guys, I have a Protek 370TBL on the way for my Outcast. In preparation, I was going to pre-install a CC BEC. Upon plugging it to the computer, I noticed the factory setting was only 5 Volts. The servo is rated for up to 7.4V, would it be best to just program the bec at the 7.4?

I have the Tactic system and blx185
Yes, but you need the Castle Link to adjust the BEC.
So I have a follow up question. As much as I love RC's I have never been a servo expert. I've never run an external BEC, and the idea of having to run a separate battery to run the servo annoys me.

I'm still running a Hobbywing Quicrun 150A esc and it's only 6V. I have zero interest in replacing it because it's been the perfect ESC for me. I've yet to have a single issue with it since the day I purchased it, and it is at least 7 yrs old. It was on a Savage XL Brushless conversion before it got donated to my Kraton.

Any advice on what servo will work without an external BEC on 6V?
You don't need a separate battery to run the servo with a BEC, you connect the BEC inline with the esc plug.
And a lot of servos work without an external BEC.
Savox 1210sg
DS Servo DS3225mg
Savox 1211sg
Savox 1260
JX Servo 6221mg
Just to name a few off the top of my head.

Most any servo will work at any given voltage as long as that voltage does not exceed it's max.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back