Servo Comparison

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very true! After I tested this I was able to swap out the npn transistors to a modified model with different doping. With the modified boron and phosphorous content percentage I was able to improve the free valence electron flow from the base to the output through the transistor. The switching function of the transistor improved reducing the response to nearly 1/2 the original specs.

My first batch of transistors on a 300mm silicon wafer cracked due to an impact on the edge, but still plenty of usable ones on there:
View attachment 51435

-Liberty

No way! I used to work in a silicon wafer fab too (Motorola) Actually worked in the Diffusion dept doping that schizzle...so I know exactly what you are talking about. Deffo a good way of solving the issue although I'd probably have just went for the blue servo case instead of rectifying the flux capacitance.
That broken wafer probably just cost the company between 10-15k though. Did the quartz jig warp or did the oven wafer transfer mechanism go out of spec?

I have one of those cheapo ones that was like $14, it's horridly slow and feel slow when driving. I think it was .20, maybe a bit worse.
The eBay cheapos I have are like 0.18 so slow.

No way! I used to work in a silicon wafer fab too (Motorola) Actually worked in the Diffusion dept doping that schizzle...so I know exactly what you are talking about. Deffo a good way of solving the issue although I'd probably have just went for the blue servo case instead of rectifying the flux capacitance.
That broken wafer probably just cost the company between 10-15k though. Did the quartz jig warp or did the oven wafer transfer mechanism go out of spec?
It is pretty wild what those wafers value are!
Common robot handling issue on the back robot into the plasma chamber for this Mattson Aspen III machine.
I worked in Plasma Engineering at Texas Instruments ;)

-Liberty

It is pretty wild what those wafers value are!
Common robot handling issue on the back robot into the plasma chamber for this Mattson Aspen III machine.
I worked in Plasma Engineering at Texas Instruments ;)

-Liberty
I work in the bread department, in charge of loafing:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I finally broke my 1210sg a few weeks ago that had been in my Nero since launch and then went in my v4 Talion. Splurged on the protek 370tbl and am a huge fan of it. It's expensive, basically twice the price of what I had before but it's so dang strong and like some of you have said, I also like the servo to be overly strong but not overly fast. For me a super powerful servo that has "realistic" feeling transit times makes the car more intuitive and since I drive on bumpy tracks with potholes or the bmx park with braking bumps it keeps me from overcorrecting or correcting too early/frequently. 600oz at 6v brushless instead of coreless and steel gears on dual ball bearings. Price will turn you off it right away depending on your priorities, but I like it.

Always buy the Red servo.

red servo or blue.jpg

The coreless ds servo 25kg blue is faster than the standard red one i had the 25kg and 25kg coreless and the coreless makes a huge differance and a lot smoother than the stock servo or the red servo

The coreless ds servo 25kg blue is faster than the standard red one i had the 25kg and 25kg coreless and the coreless makes a huge differance and a lot smoother than the stock servo or the red servo
Yep, the red is slower, mine was just delivered. In my hand, it seems to hold position far better. Not sure why I didn't try the blue one in hand to see how it felt outside the truck. I'll do that later. Without power, the red one is way harder to rotate than the blue one. Perhaps a lot lower gearing or stronger magnets in the motor. It reminds me of my JX Servo DC-5821LV, just a hair faster.

I'll try wiring up all 3 later to a receiver and run them side by side. My work bench is full of revo at the moment...

You must have some super slowmo vision to be able to tell a noticeable difference between those two speeds.

Yes, to see the difference between the speed of two servo which claim to be fast with pretty close speed. But any brain is able to feel something longer than 0.15 second. If you do music, if something is delayed with more than 0.15 second you will hear it.

The DS3225 servo isn't, from what i see, as fast as the spec say. I didn't buy it for the speed mentionned in the spec, i was sure it was slower.

Here is a video of a JX PDI 6221 servo :
My DS3225 is as fast as the JX PDI, so slow, the JX 6221 is claim to be slower than the DS3225. The HXT is claim to be 0.13 with 6V, the PDI is 0.16 with 6V, so only 0.03s of difference. But if you watch when i move them fast, we can see the PDI is faster. Does these two servos go at the speed claim in the spec? Imo, not at all, they are slower than what is claimed.

Here is a JX PDI 6113 :
Operating Speed: (4.8V) 0.125sec/60°
Operating Speed: (6V) 0.103sec/60°

So, on one side, i have a servo which is 0.15 at 4.8, and the other is 0.125 at 4.8. But actually, there is a huge speed difference. I believe the JX 6113 is 0.125, when for the DS3225 it isn't 0.15.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back