Senton Senton mega upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zachbg37

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. 4x4-Mega
Hi everyone, just bought my first rc, and after lots of research, I decided on the senton mega.
I have put in a new castle 3800 with the sidewinder esc. Ill be running on 2s, as ive read people breaking the diffs on 3. Right now I'm looking at the gearing, but I can't seem to find many options. Just curious if anyone has changed it, and what they used.

I have been looking through the forum for about two weeks now, and I'm excited to be a part of the group, and hopefully gain as much knowledge as I can from everyone.
Thank you!

Since the Senton comes with 17T pinion, you should be good on stock. You probably want to get yourself a servo, there are threads on here with options, as the ADS-5 in it, will likely die a quick death.

Also be good to have a shock perch on hand. Also some threads on that here as well.

TT

Ill start searching for the servo and extra shock perches. Thank you.
Is there any other gearing that could increase my speed a little? I'm fine to lose a little of my acceleration.

Added both items, ill get that stuff ordered.
I looked on the arrma parts site, but couldn't find the larger pinion, ill keep looking around.
Thank you so much for your help.

Looked but couldn't find Arrma 27t pinion. Below is an option. Just make sure it is 48 pitch and has a 3.17mm(1/8") bore for fitting on the motor shaft. I'll include a few links that will show you some different options as well.

Robinson Racing products pinion: https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXEX82&P=7#BVRRContainer

https://www.amainhobbies.com/48-pitch-pinion-gears-option-parts-cars-trucks/c1867?fa=15_900&lg=fa15
https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0095p?FVPROFIL=&FVSEARCH=27t+pinion+48

Just got everything ordered, plus a whole lot more I probably don't need haha.
Thank you both for your help.

I'm prepping a Castle SCT Combo for the Senton. Stock pinion should be okay for a while I hope.
Hopefully, the aftermarket will begin to offer a few drive-train upgrades since it's not really in Arrma's best interest to offer brushless hop-ups for the Mega Sentons.

Since the Senton comes with 17T pinion, you should be good on stock. You probably want to get yourself a servo, there are threads on here with options, as the ADS-5 in it, will likely die a quick death.

Also be good to have a shock perch on hand. Also some threads on that here as well.

My servo finally crapped out.. got that covered. You have any ideas on total shock swap for the senton 4x4? Saw that Megasty said Typhon shocks are a match plus a couple of spacers. I'd love to do it but looking for a cheaper option if available.

TT
My servo finally crapped out.. got that covered. You have any ideas on total shock swap for the senton 4x4? Saw that Megasty said Typhon shocks are a match plus a couple of spacers. I'd love to do it but looking for a cheaper option if available.

You can use front shocks that are 110-115mm front & 120-130mm rear. They won't over extend with the arms like the stockers can. It's hard to find exact sizes since sellers either list by model, list the total length instead of ball-to-ball, just fail to list the size.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ALUMINUM-F...B-TEAM-LOSI-1-8-8IGHT-2-0-BUGGY/332187998554?

I bought these for another car but they were too long but they work well on my upgraded Granite. I can't find the name of these shocks or who makes them. I don't want to snag these knowing that I need 3 more sets so I am hunting as well.

You can use front shocks that are 110-115mm front & 120-130mm rear. They won't over extend with the arms like the stockers can. It's hard to find exact sizes since sellers either list by model, list the total length instead of ball-to-ball, just fail to list the size.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ALUMINUM-F...B-TEAM-LOSI-1-8-8IGHT-2-0-BUGGY/332187998554?

I bought these for another car but they were too long but they work well on my upgraded Granite. I can't find the name of these shocks or who makes them. I don't want to snag these knowing that I need 3 more sets so I am hunting as well.
Awesome, thank you! I’ll check them out. I was running into the problem of sites only listing only by models like you said.

Just finished running a 5200 mAH Lipo 35C with the new Castle SCT combo. Nice and snappy compared to the stock 12T brushed setup. Everything held together well. Even faceplanted into a big maple and the little truck just shrugged it off. Arrma makes a nice product.

I have the castle setup with a 27t pinion. Been through about 10 2s runs. Ive broken two input gears and just broke my servo at the track today. With the abuse ive given this thing, I am very impressed.

I have the castle setup with a 27t pinion. Been through about 10 2s runs. Ive broken two input gears and just broke my servo at the track today. With the abuse ive given this thing, I am very impressed.

I'm surprised that servo lasted that long. I have the blx85 in my senton & its a blast on 3S.

It technically still works. I will lock all the way left, but if I force it back, it works until the next collision.
I put my 3s in for a bit, and it was insane!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back