Senton Senton 6s ground clearance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justin183

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Hello. Does anybody know if i can raise my senton 6s. I like to jump but it seems pretty heavy and low.

I did turn out the set screws in the A arms and tried more heavy shock oil but it still bottoms out when i make a little babyjump.

When i take the shocks off the A arm then the A arm doesn't drop further down so maybe its just impossible..?

Hope somebody has an idea

Hello. Does anybody know if i can raise my senton 6s. I like to jump but it seems pretty heavy and low.

I did turn out the set screws in the A arms and tried more heavy shock oil but it still bottoms out when i make a little babyjump.

When i take the shocks off the A arm then the A arm doesn't drop further down so maybe its just impossible..?

Hope somebody has an idea
Bigger tires

Like duratrax lockup 1/8 buggy. Funny I just did a thread minutes ago... They fit perfectly and improve (a bit) clearance. I agree, the Senton is heavy and low especially with two 3S lipos in the belly ...

I will try soon different springs as well as thicker oil in the shocks. I dunno yet if that car can have bigger shocks mounted also. Kraton's shocks maybe from a 1/8 car ?

Like duratrax lockup 1/8 buggy. Funny I just did a thread minutes ago... They fit perfectly and improve (a bit) clearance. I agree, the Senton is heavy and low especially with two 3S lipos in the belly ...

I will try soon different springs as well as thicker oil in the shocks. I dunno yet if that car can have bigger shocks mounted also. Kraton's shocks maybe from a 1/8 car ?
The problem is when i take the shock off the car. The A atm doesn't drop any lower so technically it cant be higher

The problem is when i take the shock off the car. The A atm doesn't drop any lower so technically it cant be higher
Bigger wheels will increase the distance from the axle to the ground.

Hi! I am new to this forum. I intend to buy an Arrma Senton 6s, but would do some research before it.
What is the actual ground clearance? On the Arrma official page there is 27 mm, which seems very small. Is it really that small clearance or can it be set higher? It may be sound stupid, but is it possible to drive the car with only one 3s battery? Or is it not enough to handle the weight and the size of the car? I am not going to drive it too quick. If it can reach a reasonable speed and can do jumps, that would do for me.

Hi! I am new to this forum. I intend to buy an Arrma Senton 6s, but would do some research before it.
What is the actual ground clearance? On the Arrma official page there is 27 mm, which seems very small. Is it really that small clearance or can it be set higher? It may be sound stupid, but is it possible to drive the car with only one 3s battery? Or is it not enough to handle the weight and the size of the car? I am not going to drive it too quick. If it can reach a reasonable speed and can do jumps, that would do for me.
If you set your shock preloads and heavier shock oil. I have a kraton 4s and i think i have 5cm ground clearance and i don't bottom out easily.
IMG_1091.JPG

Judging by this picture seems to have plenty of clearance

With the Senton and all other short course trucks, they have small diameter tires. This leads to lower ride heights. You can simply run buggy tires instead and raise the body. You can also trim the body too. Is there a reason you want it to be higher? Rigs are more stable at high speeds when they are lower to the ground.

The 5 cm clearance is just fine for me. I thought the 2,7 cm is too small and the vehicle would bottom out, or get stuck on small obstacles. I have (and had) more different type RC cars, but all of them had bigger clearance. But if it can be adjusted a bit on the Senton, that is good.
Thanks for your inputs!

The 5 cm clearance is just fine for me. I thought the 2,7 cm is too small and the vehicle would bottom out, or get stuck on small obstacles. I have (and had) more different type RC cars, but all of them had bigger clearance. But if it can be adjusted a bit on the Senton, that is good.
Thanks for your inputs!
You have 4 wheel drive the only thing you might get stuck is if you run into a pile of snow
And nothing gets worst than the traxxas maxx for ground clearance and never head of it getting stuck on anything

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back