Rowdyray's Kraton 6S Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the cap pack soldered up. No heat shrink that big. Electrical tape will have to do. Taped it to one of the battery leads to keep it from flopping around. You'll see it later. Should be fine. Also added a 3DRC motor support. See how that holds up.

View attachment 360597

Also replaced the original motor mount with one from the new EBS. Had a hunch this would work. The second leg is aluminum instead of plastic.

View attachment 360602

Also allowed me to add the two piece chassis brace. Yes, it fits the V5.

View attachment 360603

Got the new S665 servo unstalled. On to the electronics.
that sip tie doesn't look right does it fasten from under the chassis that motor brace

don't worry about it then

I reread your question. The zip tie doesn't go through the chassis. It goes through the printed mount. And was already there when it arrived. There were no instructions. So I figured it was meant to keep it in place in case the motor did move, it wouldn't fall out. I don't know. If I did it incorrectly let me know.

Had a busy weekend. Squeezed a little work time in last night. Decided to add this wheelie bar and got a proper wing on it.

20240415_183837.jpg

Didn't have a roll cage. Dug through the parts box and found everything needed.

20240415_183931.jpg

The Spektrum radio/recevier that came with it had the range of about 100 feet. My suspicions were correct. The antenna wire was severed at the box. (I've actually fixed it. It's now in the Grom.) But, it gave me an excuse to try out the Dumbo radio I bought some time ago.

20240415_184650.jpg

Got the antenna wire in place and the receiver taped down. The little foam seal is missing and the cover had 2 of the screws pulled right through. The seal was mangled. Parts box to the rescue. Found a nice cover but no seal. Stopped at the LHS today and they had a seal kit. Couple of those foam seals and a lid seal. Perfect.

20240415_184446.jpg

Really needed to get to bed. But, I'm getting closer. Should be able to hook power to this. Center the steering servo and calibrate. Then I can put the front mud guards back on. Waiting on the back ones. Still looking into motor fan and mount. It wasn't running hot when I tested it, but rather be safe than sorry.

Sorry if this is boring to some of you or taking longer than it should. It's a lot of money for me. And, I'd like it to last more than 5 minutes. Just trying to fix known problems and do it right.

Back