Rowdyray's Kraton 6S Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rowdyray

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Granite Grom
  4. Granite Mega
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Typhon Mega
Let me start off by saying this isn't going to be some crazy build. This is my first 6S RC. It's going to be a miss matched pile of parts. More like a log of how I got to the finish line. Plus I need to complete a build thread. I'll probably have a lot of questions.

Thanks @Ron Burgandy for selling this to me. Please don't take anything the wrong way. I am totally happy with my purchase and excited to get this thing ready to bash this summer. Here's what I'm working with.

Katon 6s.jpeg
20240108_123738.jpg

I did put a couple 2S batteries in it and give it a run when I got it. All the diffs sounded great. Ran fine. (Aready tore them down and checked) A few small things need attention. All are fixable. Luckily another member, before his meltdown, sent me a pile of parts.
20240108_124608.jpg
20240108_125647.jpg
20240108_125931.jpg

I've got parts for days and already have plans for some. And I bought new stuff. Some still coming.
20240108_130206.jpg
20240108_130337.jpg

Let the fun begin!

Looks like you're starting the build with good stock!

It's going to be lot of fun. 🤘

You're in for some serious excitement!!

Looks like you're starting the build with good stock!

It's going to be lot of fun. 🤘

You're in for some serious excitement!!
Thanks. Nothing I haven't done before. Just faster. Lol.

Looks like you can build two trucks with all those parts lol! You have a great base car to start this build from. Keep us posted 🍻

Maybe 1/2 a truck. After I rob parts. Lol. I'll update it as I go.

I would change to backflip 6s wheels and tyres the ones that are on the truck look too big and heavy. but maybe I am wrong

I agree.
Those tires look cow size for the rig..
Guess they work for sloshing thru a swamp.🤷‍♂️

I would change to backflip 6s wheels and tyres the ones that are on the truck look too big and heavy. but maybe I am wrong

May see what Jenny's has but, for now, I'm running them. They're part of it's appeal. Lol.

I agree.
Those tires look cow size for the rig..
Guess they work for sloshing thru a swamp.🤷‍♂️

You don't like them? Kind of cartoonish...Wish I could do something like this.

https://www.amazon.com/Jackson-Ligh...46&mcid=1f5f4cd23919318a84ada9706bd9542a&th=1

I thought the tires were too big when I first purchased it from the classifieds but after a few runs I liked them ???

If you decide you don’t want the wheels n tires I’ll buy them back …..

Good luck with your transformation/ build .
Nah. I love them. Looks hilarious. Part of why I bought it.

Got the rear done. The diff looked awesome and full. Left that alone for now. No grease in the case. Added some red and tacky. Replaced the bent shock tower. I know there are better. Have two sets of originals. Run these for now. Replace with something better later. If needed. 3DRC wing mount. Don't have the correct screws to mount the wing. Added to the list for the LHS. Found a GPM aluminum rear chassis brace in the parts. Threw that on. One of the axle hubs had no spacers at all. None. Just flopped around. The other was missing one of the small ones. Luckily, I have a pile of parts. Fixed.

20240410_192026.jpg
20240411_110030.jpg

Also replaced the balls at the end of the sway bars. They replace the worthless plastic ones. You can see them in the last pic. And the part number for anyone else interested.

20240410_192322.jpg

The front got the same treatment. Diff looked great. I can always change fluid later if not happy. Added some red and tacky. Stock shock tower. And an RPM bumper. Wanted the newer EXB bumper but, they're out of stock everywhere. Oh well. On to the guts. Lol.

20240411_124032.jpg

Got the cap pack soldered up. No heat shrink that big. Electrical tape will have to do. Taped it to one of the battery leads to keep it from flopping around. You'll see it later. Should be fine. Also added a 3DRC motor support. See how that holds up.

20240412_204817.jpg

Also replaced the original motor mount with one from the new EBS. Had a hunch this would work. The second leg is aluminum instead of plastic.

20240412_204048.jpg

Also allowed me to add the two piece chassis brace. Yes, it fits the V5.

20240412_204548.jpg

Got the new S665 servo unstalled. On to the electronics.

Back