Please Help!! XLX2 not willing to take 8S?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tatebowman124

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
I have finally set up my infraction. I am ready to run. I tried 4S and everything works awesome. I plugged 8S to make sure it would work and I cannot get it past 20% throttle. Would anyone happen to know why? I have a Flysky Noble 4S and the FGR4 RX. XLX2 ESC. I do not know what the problem could be. Once 8s is set up I pull the trigger to go and once it ihits 20% everything resets. the ESC beeps like it has turned off and on and the rx loses power because of the ESC turning off. If anyone knows what the problem could be please let me know.

Pretty strange behavior.
What batteries? What voltage are they charged to?
SMD, Should be at full charge. I am going to charge them when i get home to make sure it is not that.

The ESC has Low voltage cutoff turned on off by default. It could be that...
If it works fine with 4s I'd assume the ESC is ok.
I checked the cutoff. it is just on Auto Lipo. But I didnt know what the other settings should be.

I checked the cutoff. it is just on Auto Lipo. But I didnt know what the other settings should be.

Are you planning to do serious speed runs over 100 mph or just running around on the street and parking lot?

If speed running over 100 mph you will want to turn off the LCV. If bashing under 100 mph then leave it on.

Are you planning to do serious speed runs over 100 mph or just running around on the street and parking lot?

If speed running over 100 mph you will want to turn off the LCV. If bashing under 100 mph then leave it on.
What is the LCV? I am at some point wanting to see top speed but most just bashing in a parking lot.

I have finally set up my infraction. I am ready to run. I tried 4S and everything works awesome. I plugged 8S to make sure it would work and I cannot get it past 20% throttle. Would anyone happen to know why? I have a Flysky Noble 4S and the FGR4 RX. XLX2 ESC. I do not know what the problem could be. Once 8s is set up I pull the trigger to go and once it ihits 20% everything resets. the ESC beeps like it has turned off and on and the rx loses power because of the ESC turning off. If anyone knows what the problem could be please let me know.
What motor r u running?

It seems to lose bec voltage (esc stays on but Rx connection disappears)

Have you also connected the aux cable to the receiver? Combined it does provide a more stable bec voltage. I also have one XLX2 that needs this.
i have everything hooked up. I don't know what setting it needs on my remote but it is hooked up

i have everything hooked up. I don't know what setting it needs on my remote but it is hooked up
It wasnt about any settings, just having both cables attached to the receiver.
If that's already the case, it's not the solution.

I would suggest to check the logs (make sure bec voltage is enabled in logging too)
Especially since the esc does remain powered, the logs should give some meaningfull info. Either an errorcode or weird behaviour on the battery or bec voltage

It wasnt about any settings, just having both cables attached to the receiver.
If that's already the case, it's not the solution.

I would suggest to check the logs (make sure bec voltage is enabled in logging too)
Especially since the esc does remain powered, the logs should give some meaningfull info. Either an errorcode or weird behaviour on the battery or bec voltage
I am charging the batteries now.

Back