Outcast Outcast love!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanr205

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I see alot of post from ppl talking about how they thought this truck is/was the best! I wanna see the upgrades you guys have done and what you do/don't like about this truck?!
I'll start! I love this truckrunning the v2 I mainly run 4s sometimes on 6s with the 16t pinion stock electronics minus the servo, run it with revo response tires and a proline body!
Only thing I've broken is the suspension arms due to my own running in the cold on big hits!

Pros:
  • Truck can take a bearing!
  • Electronics are solid for the most part!
  • Shimmed out where it needs to be
  • Aftermarket support is decent!
Cons:
  • Wing mount fails all the time, stock, rpm, t-bone. But with the 94mm turnbuckle support get way better life.
  • Stock motor is in the middle of 4s and 6s tunablity
  • Stock servo is decent but not good or bad!
This one is just me but the stock body didn't last long with how I was driving. (HOW I WAS DRIVING)
I really just want to hear what other ppl think about this truck?! Part of the RC world is driving part is fixing! I did this truck less then my other two and this is my top favorite let's find out what's yours!

Attachments

• 20180203_135441.jpg
    20180203_135441.jpg
    345 KB · Views: 89
  • 20180316_221922.jpg
    20180316_221922.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 82
  • 20171216_160239.jpg
    20171216_160239.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 82
  • 20171107_193807.jpg
    20171107_193807.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 75
I recently decided to get back into Radio controlled trucks and cars.
When I decided to purchase, the guy recommended The Outcast or that other companies truck.(More on that later) I had had experience with HPI Nitro trucks and knew how tough they where but I really didnt feel like repairing the one i had.

I was very worried about how hard it was to get parts. I typically enjoy walking into a store and buying the parts to repair after a serious bash.
Seems like that's kinda a thing of the past. I decided the next day to buy the outcast thinking it would fit my rough nature. Skate parks and curbs are my bashing ground.

I took the outcast out and within a day banging off curbs I had bent the front pin that holds in my right A-arm. It split through the plastic in the A-arm and pulled free from the Aluminum house that it sits in. The bump pulled free from the plastic that was sandwiched between the chassis and the diff housing.

Imo for a tough truck the bumper was not designed well. My guess is that I'm just way more rough with these things than I thought.
I also broke the wing but that some how manages to still be usable.

The nice thing is I can take apart the front end put the pin back in and as long as I don't bash it will hold up. But if I didn't go buy that other truck and it didn't fix I would have been waiting till today to drive my brand new truck.

It maybe durable for dirt jump bashing but concrete bashing like I did with the savage is a no go.

Oh for the record I have done the same if not worse to the other truck and the only damage it has is that the motor wires came loose.
I can name the truck if its allowed.

When I decided to purchase, the guy recommended The Outcast or that other companies truck.(More on that later) I had had experience with HPI Nitro trucks and knew how tough they where but I really didnt feel like repairing the one i had.

I was very worried about how hard it was to get parts. I typically enjoy walking into a store and buying the parts to repair after a serious bash.
Seems like that's kinda a thing of the past. I decided the next day to buy the outcast thinking it would fit my rough nature. Skate parks and curbs are my bashing ground.

I took the outcast out and within a day banging off curbs I had bent the front pin that holds in my right A-arm. It split through the plastic in the A-arm and pulled free from the Aluminum house that it sits in. The bump pulled free from the plastic that was sandwiched between the chassis and the diff housing.

Imo for a tough truck the bumper was not designed well. My guess is that I'm just way more rough with these things than I thought.

The nice thing is I can take apart the front end put the pin back in and as long as I don't bash it will hold up. But if I didn't go buy that other truck and it didn't fix I would have been waiting till today to drive my brand new truck.

It maybe durable for dirt jump bashing but concrete bashing like I did with the savage is a no go.

Oh for the record I have done the same if not worse to the other truck and the only damage it has is that the motor wires came loose.
What truck are you talking about?
From my experience the outcast is like a tank. But you may to hard on ito_O

What truck are you talking about?
From my experience the outcast is like a tank. But you may to hard on ito_O

I think I am too hard on it.. But from all the videos I've seen I felt it could take it. Just call me the outcast destroyer.
My other new truck has taken the same if not worse abuse and no broken parts.

I love the Outcast but I was just a bit mad when I first got it.

I only run my V2 Outcast on 6s
My upgrades are:
  • Yeah Racing dual fans and heat sink
  • Yeah racing Esc fan
  • Savox 1210 servo
  • Glitch Buster capacitor
  • Hot racing servo mount
  • Front and rear Hot racing chassis braces
  • Tekno springs yellow front and rear
  • Robinson Racing pinion gear 12&16 tooth
  • Front T-bone bumper
  • Rear Kraton wide basher T-bone bumper
  • Front and rear lights with on off switch on the third Channel
  • All Diffs are shimmed
  • Front diff oil 60k rear 30k center 100
  • Front and rear light bars
  • RPM mud flaps
  • RPM wing mount
  • RPM front and rear A Arms
IMG_20180315_175314.jpg

IMG_20180315_175343.jpg

IMG_20180317_204758.jpg

Last edited:
I think I am too hard on it.. But from all the videos I've seen I felt it could take it. Just call me the outcast destroyer.
My other new truck has taken the same if not worse abuse and no broken parts.

I love the Outcast but I was just a bit mad when I first got it.
I think you was. Bay the way, you can name any car brand in this lovely forum

I' running a couple diff
Ah thank you. I had gotten a E-Revo 2.0 also.

What 6s batteries do you use. I am only using 4s right now(2 2s batteries)
And what is a Glitch buster?

I run a couple different sets of batteries depending on where I'm bashing. I had the v3 kraton on the track yesterday I killed off a set of lectron pro 2s then figured I'd run it on 6s sense I just happens to have a smc 6s 75c block on me and 2 11.1v 3s 75c smc softpacks. And with the punch on 9 with 6s on asphalt needs a wheelie bar for sure. But on the track yesterday I was eating a losi 8 nitro alive to the point I actually lapped him. First time lapping some 1 in a 3 car race but made me feel good lol. I have to get in contact with arrma today something happened with the blx185 where I have steering fine but no forward or reverse. I tried to unplug the batteries then the esc from the motor. Got it all hooked back up tried to enter setup mode on the esc thinking I need to set m t.e.p but the bst won't even let me in set up mode. And before anyone even asks yes I checked the throttle trim I know the get bumped and change. I'm the only 1 who drives my outcast so I put a rubber boot around the throttle trim stops it from moivig so easly. I' sure some aquarium tube would work 2. So any1 with ideas on the issues

Last edited:
I

almost bent a pin after breaking the bumper off but I caught it in time and made a bracket to hold the pins in out of copper waiting on new bumper mount to come in now

I

almost bent a pin after breaking the bumper off but I caught it in time and made a bracket to hold the pins in out of copper waiting on new bumper mount to come in now

Can we see ?I doubt I could make something like that I'm sure after the Tbone bumper install I wont need it.

Just a quick fix till parts come in can use anything thin just to hold pins in

Attachments

• 152148428185027541286.jpg
    152148428185027541286.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 61
So is it like a BEC?
Yes, but the capacitor store the energy to compensate any instant voltage drop. On the other hand, BEC get the current from the batterie/s and keep the voltage the same even if there is a voltage dropedr for long time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back