Big Rock Outcast 4s differentials.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XplicitRC

Never let anyone compromise your integrity🤙
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Senton 3s
  4. Typhon 3s
  5. Vorteks
  6. Voltage
  7. Infraction 4x4
So I have a big rock with the Older arrma 6s BLX Motor/185AMP ESC. I need to beef up the diffs before I run it on anything harder than 3s. Will the Outcast 4s diffs just drop in or are there further modifications I need to do first? I've only just installed I haven't ran it yet lol. Only really wanting to run 3S and 4s only. These are Mod.01 pinions I believe? I'm pretty much only familiar with the 3s lineup not much past those. Any help is appreciated 👍🤙🇺🇸

17131028183308600715469346941329.jpg

In a word, yes, the 3s and 4s differentials are interchangeable.

However.............

The 4s uses sintered metal (aka Chinesium) crown and pinion gears which are prone to chipping and stripping. My advice is go with the either (a) the steel CNC-machined Arrma units or (b) the HR helical units. I run them both and have had zero issues. Mind you, all diffs must be checked for correct backlash.

Then there are the problems with the plastic yokes. These allow diffs gears to work themselves apart under load. I highly recommend going with the HR units.

I know... I know. "Mr. T.... WTH?? All these parts are expensive! I just wanna bash the truck and drive it like I stole it!".

Well... you are not obligated to get the above parts. But as the old saying goes:

1713109247649.png

That's exactly the I formation I was fishing for because my next question was those composite yokes. I'll do some shopping and a little more reading. I don't mind HR, I've always had positive outcomes with their products ...thanks for the good info MR. T, it's funny because my initials are MRT as well 😄😎🤙

@Neelis I've heard about people using Mojave 4s arms too, these a just OEM big rock arms hubs ECT. I'm trying to upgrade this one instead of buying another RTR. The wife is getting pissed about getting packages everyday 🤣🤣. This rig isn't going to go over 4s though so are the driveshafts necessary? The HR diffs are a must though or something highly close to that quality.

I installed Kraton arms and shafts on one of the BRCC. Also installed the Mojave center diff. She just sits on a wall now.. collecting dust.

@Neelis I've heard about people using Mojave 4s arms too, these a just OEM big rock arms hubs ECT. I'm trying to upgrade this one instead of buying another RTR. The wife is getting pissed about getting packages everyday 🤣🤣. This rig isn't going to go over 4s though so are the driveshafts necessary? The HR diffs are a must though or something highly close to that quality.
The 3s driveshafts will not handle 4s for long. You will think off me one day saying this ;)

That's exactly the I formation I was fishing for because my next question was those composite yokes. I'll do some shopping and a little more reading. I don't mind HR, I've always had positive outcomes with their products ...thanks for the good info MR. T, it's funny because my initials are MRT as well 😄😎🤙
Do you know if the Kraton 4S shocks will be a direct fitment. I know they're bigger but wasn't sure.

Along the lines of this thread, I'm building my V3 BRCC with a bunch of the 4S lines parts/hop ups. Some parts I've changed out are-

4S Mojave Center Diff ARA311165
M2C Racing 4S motor/center diff mounting plate
HR F/R yokes and steel Diff's
Outcast/Kraton front suspension arms for F/R ARA330711
Outcast/Kraton V1 front slider shafts AR310887
5x89mm turnbuckle rods for 6S models AR330221

There's a host of other parts I've installed as part of this wide 4S conversion, but that's what I used to get Fat Dog wider structurally. I got it SERIOUSLY wide when I decided to see what would happen if I unbolted the Pro-Line hub and flipped the wheel around. Holy s**t, is it wide. I'll be posting a build thread on it soon with some good pics.

Back