Kraton Number one part/upgrade to prevent down time on Kraton V3 maiden run Christmas morning?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC fan

Military Veteran
Reaction score
My wife has a Kraton v3 for me sitting under the Christmas tree unwrapped but won’t let me play with it until Christmas Day. I feel like a 10 year old child again and plan to be outside Christmas morning at sunrise. My question is, What is the number one part/upgrade Should I have on hand to prevent downtime on its first run?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 82
What he said

If that is not possible and you're going to use it in the street, order RPM Front A Arms, cvd driveshaft and steering turnbuckles. Can't have enough of those on standby. If you're going to use it on a grass field, just extra batteries.

Maybe I've been lucky but the only thing I did to mine was an aluminum servo mount. I've an 6S from day one but then again I'm not terribly hard on mine.

If I was gonna recommend one thing it would be diff and shock oil replacement.

Dude... hope you are not too serious! Staring for two frkin weeks at the V3..just standing there at the tree in my house and not able (allowed..lol) to have a go with it, I go tru the ceiling.. two weeks!!

Well, i would be prepared too on xmas morning, for sure!! :pHope theres no heavy snow or rain, that would be causing some drama.:mad:

Might consider to skip xmas breakfast to fully inspect the car and make sure the bolts are tight :D

Have your lipo's ready and be a bit easy on the throttle. Im sure you will enjoy it!

Not many know what the V3 can do yet. Shocks breakage was always a problem for me but the V3 has thicker shock shafts. 2 or 3 running RC’s helps with no down time. That’s the best answer for people who like to go hard on their RC’s

Dude... hope you are not too serious! Staring for two frkin weeks at the V3..just standing there at the tree in my house and not able (allowed..lol) to have a go with it, I go tru the ceiling.. two weeks!!

Well, i would be prepared too on xmas morning, for sure!! :pHope theres no heavy snow or rain, that would be causing some drama.:mad:

Might consider to skip xmas breakfast to fully inspect the car and make sure the bolts are tight :D

Have your lipo's ready and be a bit easy on the throttle. Im sure you will enjoy it!
Thanks, it’s comforting to know that others feel your pain. I’m ordering 2 more lipo today

Not many know what the V3 can do yet. Shocks breakage was always a problem for me but the V3 has thicker shock shafts. 2 or 3 running RC’s helps with no down time. That’s the best answer for people who like to go hard on their RC’s

I was hoping you would reply. How about the servo. My servo was the first to go on my V2 and it went frequently until I properly adjusted the servo saver, got an aluminum servo mont from voltage, and a better servo. Do you recommend the first upgrade to be a better servo.
Thanks

Oh that's not even right. Not only do you already know what it is, but she hasn't even wrapped it making you stare directly at the box. I'd take the Kraton out when she's not looking and start playing with it and put a brick or two in the box so she thinks it's still in there. :D

Servo. And order the differential shims. You Probably won't trash the gears on the first day, but you'll want to take it down and get those diffs shimmed before too long.

I'd have to say another complete Kraton...

You need that Robinson racing pinion ASAP. My v3 chewed through both stock ones on 6s in a weekend.

Then servo mount, shims, diff fluid.

Oh, thanks. Apperently you cursed me. My wife just called to say my new 3d printer came it, but she is putting it under the tree... LOL

Normal work days are not so bad as I am working OT, no time for hobbies. But Christmas weekend... Yeah, and I get Friday thru Monday off. So 3 days of sitting at home looking at the box. Then I have to go back to work the day after opening it... ARRGGGG!!! LOL

I’m not liking the juju on this thread lol. You guys are going to curse the rest of us lol!

Oh, thanks. Apperently you cursed me. My wife just called to say my new 3d printer came it, but she is putting it under the tree... LOL

Normal work days are not so bad as I am working OT, no time for hobbies. But Christmas weekend... Yeah, and I get Friday thru Monday off. So 3 days of sitting at home looking at the box. Then I have to go back to work the day after opening it... ARRGGGG!!! LOL
Just tell the wife that if it sits in the box to long it will loose all it's magic

Turnbuckles, rpm front arms which can go on either side by the way, the shafts that go through the arms, the 2mm x 30mm top front shock bolts, front shock shafts and lower plastic connections, various bolts....you will wreck and break and learn what to have in your tackle box:)!!! I always balance charge my batteries and do NOT leave them unattended when charging. Buy LIPO safe bags to put them in so you don't burn your house down. Really. AND go to a big open grass field or school yard and start slow. You WILL hit a garage can or post or curb or child or cat on the street! These things are fast:) just go to a smooth field and it will not break to fast!

Mugen MUGE0206 will shim all 3 diffs. Put 50K in the front diff, 100K in the center and 10-30K in the rear for diff fluid.
Tekno pinion if you're worried about that.
Voltage Hobbies Servo mount.
Make a tower to tower brace.
RPM front bumper and rear skid.
Boil or soak the wing mount in WD40.

Oh that's not even right. Not only do you already know what it is, but she hasn't even wrapped it making you stare directly at the box. I'd take the Kraton out when she's not looking and start playing with it and put a brick or two in the box so she thinks it's still in there. :D
I'd be the one that puts a different present inside the Kraton box and put the Kraton in something else but not put it under the tree, then reveal it well after all the other presents were opened.:D

Mugen MUGE0206 will shim all 3 diffs. Put 50K in the front diff, 100K in the center and 10-30K in the rear for diff fluid.
Tekno pinion if you're worried about that.
Voltage Hobbies Servo mount.
Make a tower to tower brace.
RPM front bumper and rear skid.
Boil or soak the wing mount in WD40.

can someone post a link to a good how to video on installing these shims?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back