New Traxxas Raptor R Basher

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry guys if coming off a little bit bitter , TRX isn't getting anymore of my $$$$$ !! IMO , Mojave still king of the hill for this class of RC !!!! NTM , center slipper , no thank you , center diff or nothing !!!! I put my $$$ toward Arrma / Losi / and my new fav ...... Tekno !!!!

Seems like Arrma is lagging behind on new releases. HH seems obsessed with new Losi releases, like the goofy new RZR Rey, a 3s utv for $620? Id take this new Raptor over that any day.
Yeah, IDK what's going on at Arrma. While I think the RZR looks cool, I can't justify the price. I've never been a brand whore so the officially licensed bits doesn't really do it for me.🤷‍♂️
Sorry guys if coming off a little bit bitter , TRX isn't getting anymore of my $$$$$ !! IMO , Mojave still king of the hill for this class of RC !!!! NTM , center slipper , no thank you , center diff or nothing !!!! I put my $$$ toward Arrma / Losi / and my new fav ...... Tekno !!!!
I too was wondering why a slipper and no center diff? Perhaps 3s doesn't "need" it but, for the money, sure would be nice.

There is a reason Traxxas is and has been winning... Everyone is making it easy for them.
They can slap lip stick on the same ol pig and everyone gets gitty because they know how to market.

There is a reason Traxxas is and has been winning... Everyone is making it easy for them.
They can slap lip stick on the same ol pig and everyone gets gitty because they know how to market.
True.. they sure know how to sell it. Also how to "win" the game in court.. love or hate em, they won't be ignored. By the masses anyways.🤷‍♂️

I too was wondering why a slipper and no center diff? Perhaps 3s doesn't "need" it but, for the money, sure would be nice.

Its because of who they target the most. Newer folks in the hobby. The newer guys complain about the center diff and don't know how to tune them so claim the slipper is better. I've seen those comments a million times

Yeah, IDK what's going on at Arrma. While I think the RZR looks cool, I can't justify the price. I've never been a brand whore so the officially licensed bits doesn't really do it for me.🤷‍♂️

If I remember right, the Senton and Vendetta are set up the same in terms of drivetrain?

So in my mind, this is looking for that same casual customer who wants a more scale platform even at the expense of lower bashing robustness. Traxxas is easily outflanking ARRMA on "innovation" in the market, and so far it seems that Losi is the only HH product attempting to keep up.

I would guess that casuals outnumber the hardcore RC guys and gals maybe 100:1, maybe more?

Have you seen MSM review ? A basher that can’t jump ? This will not do it for me, it is not a real basher, not a real scaler … not a SCT … real curious how popular this rig will become.

Basher is just a term, it could be applied to any rc I think. I'm not surprised if it's not a "good jumper", the smallish tires and subsequently low ground clearance says that. SCT type rigs offer very little air control plus the body acts like a parachute. In their element, sct's are alot of fun IMO. This Raptor is like a mini Mojave I think with it's long wheelbase.

Seems like Arrma is lagging behind on new releases. HH seems obsessed with new Losi releases, like the goofy new RZR Rey, a 3s utv for $620? Id take this new Raptor over that any day.
Personally, I would go with the newly revised Baja Rey as it has a Metal chassis, center diff, durable(ish) body, etc... and the same price.

Totally agree on Arrma lagging on releases tho.

If I remember right, the Senton and Vendetta are set up the same in terms of drivetrain?

So in my mind, this is looking for that same casual customer who wants a more scale platform even at the expense of lower bashing robustness. Traxxas is easily outflanking ARRMA on "innovation" in the market, and so far it seems that Losi is the only HH product attempting to keep up.

I would guess that casuals outnumber the hardcore RC guys and gals maybe 100:1, maybe more?
True. Majority rules. It also seems that slippers hold up just fine in general, although I've read many complaints about Arrma's slipper. Maybe it's just that, IDK. ✌
Personally, I would go with the newly revised Baja Rey as it has a Metal chassis, center diff, durable(ish) body, etc... and the same price.

Totally agree on Arrma lagging on releases tho.
Plus, the Losi is from a less evil empire😉🤷‍♂️😂😂

I would rather buy the new Losi 1/10 baja rey 2.0
Same here. It's hard for me to want to drive the Slash when I have Tekno's and similar platforms to choose from. The solid rear axle of the Baja Rey adds a different flavor.
That said, until Losi does a major chassis revision to the Rey series, I'm not spending any money on them. As much as I love my Hammer Rey, it's frustrating in too many details. https://www.mojavevalleyrcadventures.com/losi-hammer-rey.html

Hammer Rey 130.jpg

Last edited:
Producing these more for kids, seems they're targeting a higher volume sales market.

Teenagers aren’t wrenching on 6 cell rigs, they can only try and fix their social issues.

True that! Thank god I grew up(?) Before social media!! I feel bad for these kids being pressured by people they'll never even actually know/meet..crazy.

Last edited:
After watching the MSM review I will say that I really like the handling and driving characteristics of this thing. It's definitely not a basher though. I think Traxxas is trying to carve a new niche based on "scale" driving. It looks to drive and behave the same way a 1:1 Raptor would. This seems to be aimed at those more interested in a scale or realistic driving experience, as opposed to jumping and/or bashing.

Producing these more for kids, seems they're targeting a higher volume sales market.

Teenagers aren’t wrenching on 6 cell rigs, they can only try and fix their social issues.

Dude, you can f**k off, I’m a teenager working/wrenching on 8s and 6s rigs...

Dude, you can f**k off, I’m a teenager working/wrenching on 8s and 6s rigs...
It was a "most" general stereotype, like teenagers didn't think it was :cool: to ride a pedal bike with full gear pre-2000s. I'm sure you're hardcore parkour though.

Stay strong, don't even consider a sex-change 💪.

It was a "most" general stereotype, like teenagers didn't think it was :cool: to ride a pedal bike with full gear pre-2000s. I'm sure you're hardcore parkour though.

Stay strong, don't even consider a sex-change 💪.
Sure won't, plus I will continue to ride my pedal bike downhill at 30 mph hitting 35-foot jumps and blasting through rock gardens, in full gear cuz I like my head (it's pretty retarded anyway. lol).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back