New Traxxas Raptor R Basher

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Mojave
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Typhon 3s
Hey guys, haven't seen any posts on this yet so I figured I'd start one. Traxxas just released their newest basher, a Raptor R. I really like the scale looks & the body. I'm currently watching the RCDriver "review" on it as I type this.

$530!!!!!!!

That's the same as a Losi Baja Rey 2.0!

Traxxas still has those shocks that the caps pop off if the wheels leave the ground in my experience and still basically a slash.

Slash based? Looks to be. Cool.🤷‍♂️
$530!!!!!!!

That's the same as a Losi Baja Rey 2.0!

Traxxas still has those shocks that the caps pop off if the wheels leave the ground in my experience and still basically a slash.
Definitely still basically a Slash...just stretched a little.

Last edited:
I'm not knocking it. The slash has been a cash cow for TRX. Can't blame them for squeezing a bit more out of it.
I didn't even notice the price, I was just looking for scale/size info..$530?!🤢🤮😂😂
TBH, if I didn't get my 3 1/10 TRX's for $200, I wouldn't have bothered to own one for the money. I like em, just not enough to pay the asking price. Shoot, I built out a Tekno sct410.3 for right around $500. A slash can't touch that IMO. ✌

I'm not knocking it. The slash has been a cash cow for TRX. Can't blame them for squeezing a bit more out of it.
I didn't even notice the price, I was just looking for scale/size info..$530?!🤢🤮😂😂
TBH, if I didn't get my 3 1/10 TRX's for $200, I wouldn't have bothered to own one for the money. I like em, just not enough to pay the asking price. Shoot, I built out a Tekno sct410.3 for right around $500. A slash can't touch that IMO. ✌
Yea that $530 asking price is insane. The Senton 3S is a much better bang for the buck.

Yea that $530 asking price is insane. The Senton 3S is a much better bang for the buck.
I have no 3s Arrma's myself. My bro picked up a Vorteks boost megatron or whatever it's called,LOL. He dropped a 130a Firma and 3670 Maxx motor in straight away. I'm pretty impressed with how long it held up before the plastic spur gave up. Otherwise, not bad so far.🤷‍♂️
I think that will sell quite well. Traxxas really has the scale looks world locked down, and I think this rolls right into their plans. I look at the 1:1 Raptor, and I can't believe people pay that much for the real truck, this won't be any different.

s
True.. a practice I can't relate to🤔🤷‍♂️😂

Last edited:
So its a lwb slash 4x4 that comes with clip less body and has the extreme HD suspension kit stock 🤔
And, probably the most important, Maxx drive shafts.

I'll add in some additional unsolicited comments....

1. Traxxas has surprised me in how well they build their products for the price point and intended uses. Their crawlers are quite good and their scale detail approach is excellent.

2. I'm all about that clipless body mount system.

3. I think this sells better than anticipated and I bet with a little tuning, it will perform.

s

And, probably the most important, Maxx drive shafts.
Well those drive shafts come with the suspension kit they sell.

images.jpeg-7.jpg

I'll add in some additional unsolicited comments....

1. Traxxas has surprised me in how well they build their products for the price point and intended uses. Their crawlers are quite good and their scale detail approach is excellent.

2. I'm all about that clipless body mount system.

3. I think this sells better than anticipated and I bet with a little tuning, it will perform.

s
I agree with most of these points, except that a scale body on a basher will last all of 3 seconds if it has no supports as the raptor does.
Well those drive shafts come with the suspension kit they sell.

View attachment 313178
My bad didn't realize that.

I agree with most of these points, except that a scale body on a basher will last all of 3 seconds if it has no supports as the raptor does.

My bad didn't realize that.
No doubt there will be some busted up Traxxas Raptors out there, but I'm not sure they even care. Wait until the paint wizards get the clear ones and go to town. If I don't see some curb feelers and Tap Out stickers on the customized versions of this truck, I'm gonna be disappointed.

I was thinking it might make for a nice speed running platform but that single drive shaft down the center has me worried.
at 15.1" wheelbase that is darn close to 1/7 scale. The limitless is 15.8". As we all know the limitless V1 had a long rear center dogbone that would get bent out of shape in high power speed run applications.

1690227504516.png

Its going to sell really well. $530 is a lot, but Ford isnt letting Traxxas do this stuff free. Nobody else is putting out scale looking rigs like Traxxas, they are killing it with the bodies on these things.
Me? Lol, I'm hooked on building rigs now, not interested in RTRs anymore so doesn't matter to me.😎

That suspension/ axles is a $120 upgrade 🤷‍♂️
My slash 4x4 has been a tank. I just wonder if the chassis being longer will weaken it enough to matter.
As @LibertyMKiii stated that long center shaft could be an issue. I'd be willing to bet that they will be bending easily. Based on me bending my regular length 4x4 shaft easily.

My bad, I didn't realize it has the beefed up driveshafts and such included. If they're really the size of the Maxx shafts, they should last a long time spinning 4.5" or so tires on 3s.
The body looks good, although I don't pay much attention to those kinds of things as they don't look the same for very long in my stable. I don't even clean them but once a year or two..😉😂😂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back