New member to the family. WLToys 144001. So much fun for under $100. Added post with home made LED mod for night driving to last page.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought it from Tomtop which is like banggood, 73$ free shipping https://www.tomtop.com/p-rm12413r.html?currency=USD&Warehouse=US&aid=guscusylynew
This one is coming from the US which is a surprise. It has the smaller battery but I have others and a 540 brushless setup with a HW 60amp esc just sitting here along with a half dozen tx/rx...only thing I will need is the little servo...
Do they come with a different batter now? That is the battery mine came with.

Wow, mine came from TopTom already. Nice buggy but some issues for sure. The diffs are in bad need of shimming the sun gear or at least remove some play between it and the drive that causes the whole drive train to vibrate. Also mesh is way to tight on mine. going to slot the motor mount to free it up a little or just put the brushless setup in there I have from an old model. I greased up both diffs and threw a battery in it. Fun parkinglot basher but would suffer greatly at a skate park. If you buy one of these just drive it and only put parts into it you have lying around and repair as needed. You start upgrading this thing you might as well just get the LC Racing buggy. For 70-90$ these are real gems as is but for around 200$ you can have the rtr brushless LCR EMB...

Wow, mine came from TopTom already. Nice buggy but some issues for sure. The diffs are in bad need of shimming the sun gear or at least remove some play between it and the drive that causes the whole drive train to vibrate. Also mesh is way to tight on mine. going to slot the motor mount to free it up a little or just put the brushless setup in there I have from an old model. I greased up both diffs and threw a battery in it. Fun parkinglot basher but would suffer greatly at a skate park. If you buy one of these just drive it and only put parts into it you have lying around and repair as needed. You start upgrading this thing you might as well just get the LC Racing buggy. For 70-90$ these are real gems as is but for around 200$ you can have the rtr brushless LCR EMB...

I only bought the WL Toys just to see what all parts could be swapped over. Not sure what I want to do with it though.

LC EMB-TGH
20200925_205004.jpg

LC EMB-1
uYTprnI.jpg

Those look really nice, I see the kits are widely available now. once winter settles in I may ask Santa to bring me one.

Those look really nice, I see the kits are widely available now. once winter settles in I may ask Santa to bring me one.
I would try to go for the pro truggy kit from Warren RC, Steve is a good guy and is always willing to help out the community, he is quite active on the Facebook groups. I had zero issues with the build, just the parts were a bit smaller than I was used to working on my Arrma 6s.

Dude. In depth articles about these machines. Very handy reference material.

I figure this is a nice stop gap. My province just headed back into some kind of stage 1 lockdown (ish) and having a third car will be really nice since I expect not to be able to just run over to the LHS and grab what we need.

Sure lead times for parts sound atrocious. Which online retailer do you guys use for parts delivery to North America?

Should I just grab a second one as a parts car? Or could you recommend a list of parts I probably want to just grab ahead of time?

Are the wheel hexes 12mm?

I figure this is a nice stop gap. My province just headed back into some kind of stage 1 lockdown (ish) and having a third car will be really nice since I expect not to be able to just run over to the LHS and grab what we need.

Sure lead times for parts sound atrocious. Which online retailer do you guys use for parts delivery to North America?

Should I just grab a second one as a parts car? Or could you recommend a list of parts I probably want to just grab ahead of time?

A lot of the suspension parts, a arms, hinge pins, axles, turnbuckles ect are easily replaced by the Lc Racing parts from Warren Rc, Riptide Rc, NitroRCX under the Tacon name and there's a new guy selling Lc parts but I cannot remember the name of the site for the life of me. Basically the gearboxes, diffs, shock towers and center drive train from the Lc Racing stuff will not work.

A lot of the suspension parts, a arms, hinge pins, axles, turnbuckles ect are easily replaced by the Lc Racing parts from Warren Rc, Riptide Rc, NitroRCX under the Tacon name and there's a new guy selling Lc parts but I cannot remember the name of the site for the life of me. Basically the gearboxes, diffs, shock towers and center drive train from the Lc Racing stuff will not work.
Aaaagh so basically the drivetrain is proprietary but the chassis and suspension is easily replaceable?

I would keep some hubs on hand, maybe a set of a arms, some spare hardware ie screws, bearings ect and maybe some shock towers.

I an considering ordering an aluminum upgrade set. It has hubs and arms and some other parts I cannot identify.

But what about the drive train?

Pretty solid?

I am wondering about motor mount, spur gear and drive shafts. I want to run it till it breaks and then jam a brushless. Any advice?

I an considering ordering an aluminum upgrade set. It has hubs and arms and some other parts I cannot identify.

Pretty solid?

I am wondering about motor mount, spur gear and drive shafts. I want to run it till it breaks and then jam a brushless. Any advice?
Shocks? Diffs?

Aaaagh so basically the drivetrain is proprietary but the chassis and suspension is easily replaceable?
Yeah.

Pretty solid?

Don't get the a arms, I would leave a weak point somewhere.

I haven't had any drivetrain issues with mine.

The motor mount from the LC Racing will fit, but you cannot run a 550 sized motor with it most of the LC Racing guys run 28mm can motors. Not sure what guys are doing for spurs.

There are a few ways you can go about doing a brushless conversion. You can do like @Edough13 did and just cram a 3650 brushless motor onto the stock motor mount and run a 1/10 brushless esc or and this is what I would do, you can buy the LC adjustable motor mount, get a 2838 4500kv Tenshock motor and try to find a variety of sizes of 0.6 mod 1/8th bore pinions. This guy also has a brushless conversion how to https://www.quadifyrc.com/rccarrevi...L4GAPJNpRPZBBbjpXLyFuLKA8li9tujIzjdRyXGkoOm1I

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back