New Kraton 8s will just sit and beep....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercenary911

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
Hey folks. My new Kraton 8s will just stop randomly and sit there and beep. If I turn the truck off and then back on again all is good for a bit....then it does the same thing. I'm new to Arrma RC's and this is my first 8s truck....

When I first get going the truck runs great for a good while...but when it runs for a bit then it will stop driving and just sit there beeping. The steering still works but that's it.

I'm running the ZEEE 6300 MaH 80c batteries if that matters....

80C battery is a bit low for an 8S no? (Someone feel free to step in here, I only run 6S and use 100C for those) Likely low voltage cutoff, batteries are just drained. Are the beeps in any type of sequence or just constant? Could be thermal cutoff as well. What color led's on the esc are blinking?

Sounds like lvc to me. The 8s rigs are extremely power hungry! You need big powerful packs.

80C battery is a bit low for an 8S no? (Someone feel free to step in here, I only run 6S and use 100C for those) Likely low voltage cutoff, batteries are just drained. Are the beeps in any type of sequence or just constant? Could be thermal cutoff as well. What color led's on the esc are blinking?
I am new to all this 25c 80c 100c stuff so I'm not 100 % sure that the 80c batteries are adequate. I don't really have the cash to upgrade the batteries right now but I'll keep it in mind....

Wouldn't the truck just shut down completely if it hit LVC? I turn the ESC off and then back on again and it works great for a bit and then it happens again. How can I tell the difference between LVC and thermal shut down?
Sounds like lvc to me. The 8s rigs are extremely power hungry! You need big powerful packs.

80C should be sufficient, however 6300mAh isn’t gonna last very long. Even the 8000-9000mAh packs only last about 10min in my 8s rigs.

A temp gun and lipo cell checker would help differentiate between lvc and thermal.

80C should be sufficient, however 6300mAh isn’t gonna last very long. Even the 8000-9000mAh packs only last about 10min in my 8s rigs.

A temp gun and lipo cell checker would help differentiate between lvc and thermal.
+1. All great info. 80C should be enough, but as previously stated, the 8S rigs are VERY power hungry. I get about 15mins of aggressive driving with two 7300mah packs. Sounds like you're hitting low voltage cutoff.

Back