New kraton 8s exb rtr drive shaft too short

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dezertracer92363

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Just picked up my kraton 8s exb rtr yesterday and super excited about it. Threw batteries in it to test it out before I headed to my spot and lmao only 2wd. Front shaft from center diff to front diff is too short and laying on the chassis. It appears to be about a half inch too short. I'm guessing it may have been assembled with a outcast front shaft as I believe they are slightly shorter than the kraton, but I have no experience with the outcast so it's just a guess. Curious if anyone else has had this issue.

OK so after a lil research the kraton 8s and outcast 8s share the same 148mm front drive shaft, however the outcast rear drive shaft is only 136mm which would explain the rough guess of half a inch short the front shaft is I can see. Will know more when I tear it apart. But apparently my new kraton 8s came with a outcast 8s rear shaft. Still curious if anyone else has had this happen

Roger, definitely not happy but 1st issue I've ever had with any of the arrma vehicles I have ever bought, so I'm not too upset. Already tore apart and heading to local hobby shop in a few to confirm it with a brand new one in the package. Just curious if anyone else has had same issue, or if the kid building it that day just grabbed wrong part 🤣

Wow what a mess up! Mine was fine. What a machine!
Rceverywhere when did you get yours, recently? Just picked up mine yesterday evening and the shop just got it a day or two before. I'm kinda thinking it was just a one off mistake. I know they haven't been out too long. Hopefully mine is a one off fluke and not a couple day run of them.

Got mine the 12th Oct, it was the first one that came in to that shop, couple hours before I walked in and scooped it up. I have the outcast 8s rtr also, so it was an instant reflex to want the kraton exb rtr. Tried to get the outcast exb roller when it was on sale last winter... all sold out and the shop was told they where discontinued, found an rtr used, then the rollers came back in stock! Oh well I got a bunch of hopbups on my outcast and the old exb's where not as solid as the new ones seem to be.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back