New Building techniques - Sustainable Construction // Reducing Carbon footprint

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why isn't it called hemprete?

It should be called Strawcrete™ ,IF you want to be exact.
(Because of the 3 little pigs)

Seems like he's covered a lot of bases, buzz words - check (jeez), static load of over 8,000kg is great, locally sourced, reusable shipping bags, fireproof etc. idk, seems like a good product and interesting tech (y)

Seems like he's covered a lot of bases, buzz words - check (jeez), static load of over 8,000kg is great, locally sourced, reusable shipping bags, fireproof etc. idk, seems like a good product and interesting tech (y)

Only thing I found difficult to accept with this building material is that it's "breathable"..?
I'm not sure if I really want a house with walls to be that kind of porousness..

I don't want outside smells, gases (carbon monoxide), smoke or any other particulates to be able to seep thru the exterior walls into my home...

I think I want something more air tight.

Raises concers for cold weather applications as well, all well and good in this balmy Australian climate, but how much of my heat goes thru the walls?

You don't want a house totally zipped up, but yea, having the foundation walls be breathable may introduce moisture and all the rest

Back