Mojave New Arrma Mojave 4s.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For how many hundreds to thousands are out in the field, one failure with a component is bound to happen even in 6 sigma quality control manufacturing. Of course that person has social media and will complain about it…

Just don't run it in the Dirt, and you are good.:giggle:
It's not an off roader.
Earl is just being honest.:unsure: The 4s Mojo was definitely not real world tested. Just tested on paper. That's it. Post production testing proves this.
Imagine a fire... He's got a great point. What a liability. Body is surely stuck on there good.
Been there.

+1
I don't understand why so many who buy Arrma's need to send them big. Then get pissed off when its always a fail. Because they bought the "wrong model", and just because it looks cool in the pictures. Not all models are meant for that Big air. Why follow all the Influencers, sending them all. Thinking that Big Air is a right of passage somehow for ALL rigs.
Especially a closed wheeled SCT/dessert truck body... What are these guys expecting anyway. You can't send everything into the sky, and look like a star.:LOL:
They should just accept they bought the wrong model for their intended use in the first place.
Seems many feel if you cant send it well , a model is a failure. Dumb logic.
Many end up putting on MT wheels and widening it. Wanting it to be something it never was supposed to be.

That's like expecting your a C8 'Vette to crawl the rocks like your Jeep Gladiator. And being mad because the C8 can't do it well at all.
Can't bash him for being honest. Earl sounds like me. A stuck body would drive me crazy too. But could be worse also.
A design flaw that makes it to full production. Just slapped together largely from bin parts. A 500.00 RC pushed out there. Never got tested. A money grab.
Many of these Arrmas are marketed to the unsuspecting first timers. And HH bets on this. Hoping the Paid Influencers Hyping will garner Sales.
No RC is perfect. But nuisance issues like this within first 2 packs, leaves a bad taste for sure.

I watched a Kevin Talbot vid yesterday where he ran the Mojave 4s vs the Mojave 6s vs the Senton 3s. He started saying he did not see the point of the 4s.
Long story short, he completely destroyed the body, but loved it so much he gave it his ‘approval’; which is rare, especially for an Arrma.

Can't bash him for being honest. Earl sounds like me. A stuck body would drive me crazy too. But could be worse also.
A design flaw that makes it to full production. Just slapped together largely from bin parts. A 500.00 RC pushed out there. Never got tested. A money grab.
Many of these Arrmas are marketed to the unsuspecting first timers. And HH bets on this. Hoping the Paid Influencers Hyping will garner Sales.
No RC is perfect. But nuisance issues like this within first 2 packs, leaves a bad taste for sure.
Ton of people hate earl like they hate you and me. It hurts people feelings. He also sometimes gets under my skin but i still watch him. Like on his bigrock first run he keeps pointing out how the esc applies some kind of brake when he lets go from full throttle. He starts to talk about replacing esc or receiver. How about you factory reset or recalibrate the esc first or try to replicate the issue off the ground.

From watching kev’s video on it. Makes me believe theres a problem with the body. Not the chassis posts but the lexan itself. Its like if the body was precut at the gap regions. By the way it splitting it reminds me of how you cut lexan bodies. You can either cut them with lexan scissors or a hobby knife and flex it to make the lexan rip clean off the body. That is what it seems to happen on the new mojave. Lexan bodies shouldnt develop straight line cracks You can see when he is tryight to straighten the body you can hear the crack spreading trought the body line of the hood. That SHOULDN'T be Possible. I cant tell u how many times i had lexan rip when cutting my bodies because i didnt cut them deep enough so it ended up tearing when pulling it.
492783B9-019E-45D6-A658-112685B8D7FC.png

Fun fact you can two wheel it. Try it at ur own risk

Last edited:
+1
KT's seal of approval is like a Kid who likes candy, no matter what it is. Just because it is Candy. The $Sugar rush$ it brings, along with the "Likes and Subs".

Boy that seam sure is $hitty. Nothing some glue and fiberglas can’t fix but I’d expect better for 5 bills in plastic.

What was he running stock system? The new spur is sintered sadly. The 4s clutch gear is CNC? with black oxide
You can CNC just about anything these days, just that Chinesium Metal is just that, no matter how you machine it or sintered Cast metal molding, it can be garbage. Black Oxide coated or not.

From watching kev’s video on it. Makes me believe theres a problem with the body. Not the chassis posts but the lexan itself. Its like if the body was precut at the gap regions. By the way it splitting it reminds me of how you cut lexan bodies. You can either cut them with lexan scissors or a hobby knife and flex it to make the lexan rip clean off the body. That is what it seems to happen on the new mojave. Lexan bodies shouldnt develop straight line cracks You can see when he is tryight to straighten the body you can hear the crack spreading trought the body line of the hood. That SHOULDN'T be Possible. I cant tell u how many times i had lexan rip when cutting my bodies because i didnt cut them deep enough so it ended up tearing when pulling it.
View attachment 334219
Fun fact you can two wheel it. Try it at ur own risk
Either buy a $70. OE retail bare body or go to JennysRC and spend $109. on a complete body. Pick your poison.
Poor Body Molding is the cause of this Bad defect. Fender lines way too thin. Initial production runs are rarely evaluated by Arrma UK/HH before the go to Full poduction.
A Great business model if you want to keep selling these overpriced Toy bodies to customers. Profit is huge with bodies.

Either buy a $70. OE retail bare body or go to JennysRC and spend $109. on a complete body. Pick your poison.
Poor Body Molding is the cause of this Bad defect. Fender lines way too thin. Initial production runs are rarely evaluated by Arrma UK/HH before the go to Full poduction.
A Great business model if you want to keep selling these overpriced Toy bodies to customers. Profit is huge with bodies.
I agree. They love selling us those overpriced bodies!! It's shameless I swear!! I know sct bodies take a beating inherently by design but, I have seen @razorrc body cracked way sooner than it should've too. There's a defect in the 4s Mojo body for sure, sounds like a few defects actually.

Funny how we all call it a defect. But did you ever think it is strictly by design that the bodies break easily. ??? For repeat Body sales. Being a skeptic myself.
Picture just one RC brand offering an OE Unbreakable BASHER body. It's not rocket science to do it. Just bad for bottom line profit.:rolleyes:
Anyone notice over the past several years that Arrma replacement parts prices are quite expensive.
The New EXB K6s Alloy complete EXB Bulkheads cost $100.00 each And only because HR , Vitavon and others charge similar $$.
I am sure it's actual cost is more like around $10.00. to manufacture.
Sure looks like a money grab to me!
However, the new K6s EXB looks to be a great bargain ultimately, of all the Arrma lines as of late. This will be the hot Item no doubt
Boy that seam sure is $hitty. Nothing some glue and fiberglas can’t fix but I’d expect better for 5 bills in plastic.
The 6s Mojo is getting to be the better pick the more and more I look at things here.
And for ONLY $130.00 more coin. A no brainer. And simply run the 6s Mojo on 4s packs if that is your criteria. You are getting way more of everything with a 6s Mojave for a mere $130.00 more than the 4s version.
Arrma just loves making so much money off of their 4x4 line. It was already maxxed out some years ago. They just keep going with it. Power Module setup and all.. Going back to the parts been all the time, adding a few upgrade mods as they go. Only driven by Profit greed . And Not by the end user. The only bone they throw us is another new body color scheme. And some new fluff added and printed on their Box Art etc., to justify a higher price.
$500. for this 4s Mojo makes no sense to me at all. Perhaps because I already have a V1 Mojo for some years now??? IDK.
The new guy starting out might feel $500. is less Coin than $630. Simple math I guess. I get it. Not realistic and Practical IMHO. Just me.
But we all have different expectations in this hobby. Who am I to say..... :cool:

Do your reserach well, Because whatever you end up with, you will also own the many inherent flaws and issues along with it. Whatever you choose. Pick your battles wisely is what I am saying.

Last edited:
Back