New Aftermarket Brand -> Upgrade RC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh, I wouldn't have thought it, but I believe in results, gotta right? LOL.

I wish there were companies making foams for our basher tires, even if only open cell. Sucks to throw away tires just because the foams are shot, and the only way to get new foams is to buy more tires.. it's been my experience that tires usually outlast the cheap open cell foam inserts that the manufacturers are using.
Hey man-believe me; I’m with ya. Firm believer of “the proof is in the pudding”, but hard headed as well. So sometimes if it just doesn’t make sense to me, I’ll go a while with my old notions, but then actually cave, and TEST. Glad I did with this one a while back, as it’s saved me some decent coin, and improved my ride for sure.

I actually looked for bulk foam tubing in the proper durometer, or at least CLOSE to it, in hopes of just running it through the bandsaw to have MT foams for days lol.. it’s been a few years since I looked, but perhaps McMasterCarr, or Amazon would have something suitable these days? 😅🤷🏻‍♂️

Just finding decent closed cell foams for my race tires (you’d think they’d be available all over the place as anal as racers tend to be for that 4th place B-main ribbon😅) proved to be a bit of a chore. I sometimes find deals on “bulk tires” brand new without foams, or am specifically after a brand new/stiffer foam for a specific track type, and luckily was able to source some from one of the distributors I use quite a bit; dialedRC.. it took a couple hours to nail ‘em down though lol..

I’m super fun at parties with my wealth of useless toy car knowledge too…🤣🤣🤣

The vent holes thing is a tough pill to swallow for most (myself included until I gave it a whirl).. It just makes sense from a physics perspective that the center would be far more efficient at slinging any accidental water out of the tire while driving. I believe what happens if that as the tires move around, swell, distort, and balloon; those small vent holes do too, and scoop up a ton of dirt as well, compared to the sidewall vents of the same size. When the tires were broken down to inspect the results, the center most portion of the foams appeared sandblasted, and faded in intensity toward the outsides of the face of the foam, or “contact patch” area. This NEVER happened with the holes in the sidewall, and there was never any dirt/sand caught up inside the tire like there was with the vent holes in the tread. Something else I noticed was that my whls/tires were ALWAYS out of balance obviously due to said dirt getting trapped inside, again-as compared to the sets with the sidewall vent holes. I never punched the tread again. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤙🍺
I'm sold! I'll start venting from the inner sidewalls going forward. I just picked a set of 2.8 TRX Gravix tires for my SCT410.3>MT410.. not sure how they'll work on a clay track, but hard to find 2.8" race tires..
Edit; I guess it's more like an ET410 than an MT410..essentially I'm trying to make a 4x4 ST out of the SCT410.3. Nothing formal, just running a backyard track. 2.8's are needed to clear the rear hubs on the Tekno.. and 2.8 just barely makes it. Also 1/2 offset really helps give the ST stance..

Last edited:
I'm sold! I'll start venting from the inner sidewalls going forward. I just picked a set of 2.8 TRX Gravix tires for my SCT410.3>MT410.. not sure how they'll work on a clay track, but hard to find 2.8" race tires..

Heck yeah brothaman! Get after it! I haven’t had to locate any 2.8’s for track duty, so I wish I could help ya there.. I haven’t strayed very far from 1/8 kit race grade buggies and truggies in over twenty years aside from the Talion I built for my girl that I recently sold off, and replaced with another Tekno ET2.0.. but funny you mention the MT410- I’ve actually been contemplating a fun little basher, and I like the OG over the new 2.0.. You bastards here on AF have me thinking about a Limi- as well to do some speed runs/on road bashing.. I probably need my head examined, but F-it.. 🤣

Curious how saw blades would hold up to a 6S Mojave
Dimensions are right, 17mm hex is standard.. just not sure they're up to task for the 6s Mojo? That thing is a tire shredding machine!! I've yet to find a tire that holds as well as the Fortress 6s for it. I know you shared the RC Jun's, I haven't tried them though.

I like the Sawblade treads but probably they are best for VERY loose dirt or sand. Will be interested to see how they do, wondering how the 5 star wheel design and replaceable hub will hold up. Probably not an issue for 1/10 scale rigs.
Minimal offset adapters will be best I imagine.

Heck yeah brothaman! Get after it! I haven’t had to locate any 2.8’s for track duty, so I wish I could help ya there.. I haven’t strayed very far from 1/8 kit race grade buggies and truggies in over twenty years aside from the Talion I built for my girl that I recently sold off, and replaced with another Tekno ET2.0.. but funny you mention the MT410- I’ve actually been contemplating a fun little basher, and I like the OG over the new 2.0.. You bastards here on AF have me thinking about a Limi- as well to do some speed runs/on road bashing.. I probably need my head examined, but F-it.. 🤣
Sold off the GF or the Tali? :unsure: ;)

Will also need extenders..2.8 won't clear the hubs. I suspect they'll be way to soft for the Mojo's heft.

Last edited:
Dimensions are right, 17mm hex is standard.. just not sure they're up to task for the 6s Mojo? That thing is a tire shredding machine!! I've yet to find a tire that holds as well as the Fortress 6s for it. I know you shared the RC Jun's, I haven't tried them though.

Minimal offset adapters will be best I imagine.

Sold off the GF or the Tali? :unsure: ;)

Will also need extenders..2.8 won't clear the hubs. I suspect they'll be way to soft for the Mojo's heft.
Nah-I can’t unload this one; she’s a keeper. Hot AF, AND does 1/8 off-road?!? 🤩🤷🏻‍♂️

You sure? I got cash AND RC tires!!🤑😜🍻
Hahahahahahaha! I’m covered UP in tires! -and moarrrrr in the mail…😅 as for the cash, I’m pretty good atm.. and if I have to I’ll survive on some “white trash taco’s”, and still have plenty of tail.. 🤣

Maybe just start with a 4S Mojo running 3S...
We're gonna find out this coming weekend. I'm putting a set on my Maxx Slash, and gonna let er rip on 6s right off the bat. They'll either hold up or explode lol. I'll keep you guys posted.

We're gonna find out this coming weekend. I'm putting a set on my Maxx Slash, and gonna let er rip on 6s right off the bat. They'll either hold up or explode lol. I'll keep you guys posted.
Sesame Street Popcorn GIF by Muppet Wiki

Oh wow, these are way nicer than I expected them to be. Very soft, very grippy, and they appear to be glued on better than most tires I've seen. They are the perfect tire for a Gorgon or 3s Arrma rig.

First off, they didn't fit the Maxx Slash. The inside diameter of the wheel didn't clear the uprights. Bummer, because the size and offset was going to be perfect.

They didnt fit the 4s Mojave, because of the same reason. It was awesome until you turn, then it fouls on the lower hingepin. They looked beautiful on that truck.

So I decided to put them to the real test. The MT10. I don't run it often, but when I do, there is no mercy. This one takes a beating. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Probably won't try them out until this Saturday.
20240410_155804.jpg
20240410_155810.jpg
20240410_155854.jpg
20240410_155822.jpg

Oh wow, these are way nicer than I expected them to be. Very soft, very grippy, and they appear to be glued on better than most tires I've seen. They are the perfect tire for a Gorgon or 3s Arrma rig.

First off, they didn't fit the Maxx Slash. The inside diameter of the wheel didn't clear the uprights. Bummer, because the size and offset was going to be perfect.

They didnt fit the 4s Mojave, because of the same reason. It was awesome until you turn, then it fouls on the lower hingepin. They looked beautiful on that truck.

So I decided to put them to the real test. The MT10. I don't run it often, but when I do, there is no mercy. This one takes a beating. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Probably won't try them out until this Saturday.View attachment 360115View attachment 360116View attachment 360118View attachment 360117
Holy crap they got those things to you quick! Those are some good looking tires :love:

So I decided to put them to the real test. The MT10. I don't run it often, but when I do, there is no mercy. This one takes a beating. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Probably won't try them out until this Saturday.View attachment 360115View attachment 360116View attachment 360118View attachment 360117
Sweet!! A set of those on my Hoss for winter bashing would be killer!! Dang, they are meaty!!💪🤘😎

Holy crap they got those things to you quick! Those are some good looking tires :love:
They feel like they're got grip for days. These feel like they're going to be really, really good.

Sweet!! A set of those on my Hoss for winter bashing would be killer!! Dang, they are meaty!!💪🤘😎
They'd be perfect on a Hoss. I like the narrow profile. Perfect for snow and mud.

Perhaps I was too hasty in saying I wasn't interested.. they do look quality.👍
They feel really good. The foams are soft enough to grip without being too soft, and the rubber compound is very soft and grippy.

To be honest, I didn't expect them to be this good. Nowhere near it. But the real test is when I take this rig out this weekend. If they hold up, and perform as good as I think they will, they will be the tire to get for 1/10 bashing. I'm thinking about a 2nd set for the Lasernut.

WTF UPGRADE RC, we want big boy wheels/tires!
I can't wait to see what they come out with for large scale rigs.

Back