My daily rant.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The USPS is a joke: I ordered parts from Jenny's to be shipped to me in Maryland. The package was supposed to be delivered today, but that's not happening: the package is currently in Minnesota! How in hell does that happen? I mean the state abbreviation isn't that close - MD and MN - and the zip code is way different. It's a good thing I'm not waiting for the parts to get a RC vehicle up and running.

This is the second time something like this has happened: on a previous occasion, parts from Jenny's wound up going to South Carolina before being sent to me in Maryland.
Well obviously it's time to move to Minnesota, I mean sheesh, take a hint! 😜

I'm staying out of the northern states. I saw Fargo it's Minnesota lite.
No joke man. When I start whining about New England winters I try to remember that I could be in the northern Midwest where there is absolutely no comparison. I’ve seen -17° F here once in Vermont, and that was probably 20 years ago. I see you guys in Minnesota, N. Dakota, etc. seeing -30° or more with a 40mph or greater wind on top of it. A lot! God bless you tough bastards, bundle up!

No joke man. When I start whining about New England winters I try to remember that I could be in the northern Midwest where there is absolutely no comparison. I’ve seen -17° F here once in Vermont, and that was probably 20 years ago. I see you guys in Minnesota, N. Dakota, etc. seeing -30° or more with a 40mph or greater wind on top of it. A lot! God bless you tough bastards, bundle up!

Winter? I was talking about wood chippers.
1714746365002.jpeg

OK the winters are cold too.

I lived on the east coast as a kid and it was like -50°F, with wind chill during a blizzard. This is back when there were no snow blowers, Gortex or 4wd. Snow boots? we had to put plastic bags on our feet so they would stay dry while your froze your piggies off.

View attachment 364202

I lived on the east coast as a kid and it was like -50°F, with wind chill during a blizzard. This is back when there were no snow blowers, Gortex or 4wd. Snow boots? we had to put plastic bags on our feet so they would stay dry while your froze your piggies off.
I love that movie. The Coen brothers develop characters in a way nobody else does. So does Wes Anderson. His movies are typically both brilliant and beautiful.

I was in ND in January, with the windchill the temp was -60*F.

TMI but don't care. I got another one. People who do NOT know how to wash their @$$. I used to be a detailer, and I can't count how many times I had to work with vehicle seats that were permeated with the smell of dirty @$$. It's like...they bathe everything else (maybe) except through their @$$ cracks. What? Is soap poison to their @$$? A fair amount of people's @$$es smell like rancid butter left out in the sun for a few weeks. As for bathing, I don't understand why so many don't use a washcloth to suds up with. Dead skin cells, stink and oil needs to be DISLODGED off. As far as the cloth...just wring it out and hang it to dry in a bedroom closet's hangar spot. It can stay clean a long time. So what about it not being soft after it dries? Re-wet the sum b*tch and it's ready to go. I'm sorry, but going over yourself with a bar of something like an asinine soap commercial just doesn't cut the mustard.

There. There's my rant of the day.

TMI but don't care. I got another one. People who do NOT know how to wash their @$$. I used to be a detailer, and I can't count how many times I had to work with vehicle seats that were permeated with the smell of dirty @$$. It's like...they bathe everything else (maybe) except through their @$$ cracks. What? Is soap poison to their @$$? A fair amount of people's @$$es smell like rancid butter left out in the sun for a few weeks. As for bathing, I don't understand why so many don't use a washcloth to suds up with. Dead skin cells, stink and oil needs to be DISLODGED off. As far as the cloth...just wring it out and hang it to dry in a bedroom closet's hangar spot. It can stay clean a long time. So what about it not being soft after it dries? Re-wet the sum b*tch and it's ready to go. I'm sorry, but going over yourself with a bar of something like an asinine soap commercial just doesn't cut the mustard.

There. There's my rant of the day.
This is what I use. It does the trick and you get way more suds then a washcloth.
Img_2024_05_03_17_26_09.jpeg

View attachment 364202

Walked to school , no shoes or socks in blizzards. Up hill both ways. 🤣

I don't know about you people out there, but Maine winters get to be pretty brutal. 🤣

Lucky if we get a dusting of snow once a year, back in '17 or '18 though we got like 18 inches, which is really not normal for this area, the kids and I built an Igloo and a few snowmen. Took 8 of us almost 6 hours. Kids didn't stay out there the whole time, they had to go warm their digits, but I did.

If that’s a snake skin that you pulled out from under your dishwasher you need to run. Run fast. Run far, far away. Right now.
It's the exact same bath thingy in his picture, my lights just make it look orange stupid warm white lights.

stupid warm white lights.
Warm lights are where it's at. They're better for the eyes. Ever use those blue-ish LED lights in the house? They're eye torture. And those bright blue vehicle headlights in our faces. Speaking of those, I want some LED yellowish ones for fog lights. For headlights with the more modern LED projectors, I prefer the white, to a slight amber. I don't like the thought of blinding people. With my HHR, I don't understand why I had so many drivers flashing their brights at me with it's regular old halogens. No fancy aftermarket halogens. I'd bright them back a split second to show my brights weren't on, and often, these were from vehicles with the blinding blue headlights.

Warm lights are where it's at. They're better for the eyes. Ever use those blue-ish LED lights in the house? They're eye torture. And those bright blue vehicle headlights in our faces. Speaking of those, I want some LED yellowish ones for fog lights. For headlights with the more modern LED projectors, I prefer the white, to a slight amber. I don't like the thought of blinding people. With my HHR, I don't understand why I had so many drivers flashing their brights at me with it's regular old halogens. No fancy aftermarket halogens. I'd bright them back a split second to show my brights weren't on, and often, these were from vehicles with the blinding blue headlights.

I prefer cool white, especially if I am going to be working on something. Warm white is okay for like your living room or bedroom.

For me things look better with just a night light on in the bedroom.

I prefer cool white, especially if I am going to be working on something. Warm white is okay for like your living room or bedroom.
It depends, for me. Warmer light for most everything except, say....a puzzle, or something like that. When I need to see colors in their truest, white is best. My eyes are sensitive. Much of any light actually hurts. I wear sunglasses on a cloudy day, and still have better than 20/20 vision.

Back